PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Scam.........FYI

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Got an email supposedly from Amazon "confirming my purchase" of $98.87 and saying they'd email "me" (Andrew Smith, of 705 N. Killingsworth Street
CA SC 03, Portland, OR 97217)..........whatever CA SC means.

It says "If you think this order is in error, click 'Cancel order' and submit". Hahaha. THAT leads you a 'form' that requires your personal address, name, and CREDIT CARD number.

Trouble is, there is only ONE place on Amazon's entire web to contact security, and that's by forwarding a spoofing or phishing email. I can assume this one is, and I did that....... BUT it says "If you have additional security concerns, click the CONTACT US button". That button is only found by digging........and when you click it, the only way it will allow you to contact them is by prechoosing one of the subjects, such as Lost order, etc.

There is a CHAT button! Aha! I tried that, and it said "Chat cannot function at this time. We recommend that you use email".

So if there is an Amazon, I suspect it's some shriveled up guy behind a big curtain. Ain't no real people to contact.

Meanwhile, I betcha I lose $98.87. Guess I should be glad they didn't order a car.

DeputyDog
06-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Given the current state of affairs, I bet it's the Confederate Assholes of South Carolina. ;)

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 04:15 PM
I would have said it was probably Posthole's fault.

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 04:16 PM
By the way.......another way I could tell this was fake, was.......you know the tiny URL's at bottom of most emails for unsubscribe, or more info, or contact us, or "learn more about tax info", and such???

Clicking on any of these led to a "Webpage not found"..............

quercus alba
06-27-2015, 05:16 PM
I get something like that saying " your order for energy saver $39.95 is ready to ship, please hit submit." Never knowing when my wife might have ordered something, I went to amazon and logged in to my account and looked at the "Orders Pending". There was none.

I deleted the email but I still get it a couple times a week

Thumper
06-27-2015, 07:16 PM
That scam has been circulating for years ... just the item and price changes from time to time. A virus-infected Word document is attached to it. Just delete it and don't open or download the doc.

HideHunter
06-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Got a notice my Cabelas card had been suspended. Contacted them (they said they had tried to contact us) three purchases totaling 300 +-. They caught it and declined the purchases. Don't know what threw up the red flag but - glad it did. Got my new one fired up and ready to go.

Buckrub
06-28-2015, 03:13 PM
You can sign up with Cabela's CC for a texting if they think something is a fraud. Maybe other CC do that, but I haven't seen one.

Thumper
06-28-2015, 05:12 PM
You can sign up with Cabela's CC for a texting if they think something is a fraud. Maybe other CC do that, but I haven't seen one.

I've got the same deal with a few cards (not sure which ones), they'll text, they'll email and finally call if the first two don't work.