PDA

View Full Version : Going to miss the show :(

jb
06-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Every other year for the past 15 years or so the Blue Angels have given us a great air show on the 4th. They rattle my windows on many of their different formations as they pass just 100's of feet above my house.
This year for only the second time we have the Air Force Thunderbirds doing the show, and I'm going to be out of town at the State Trap Shoot.
Would really like to see how much different they are than the Blue Angels but will have to hear that from my kids.
The thing I won't miss during their show are the 3-400K people that line the bay to watch them. Traffic in this little town is a nightmare for these shows.
Just hope the weather cooperates.

No-till Boss
06-27-2015, 09:15 PM
JB how long have you been shooting trap ? I shot competitive in the 80's and 90's.

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 10:46 PM
He's going to do the same if he shoots another 20 years! :fine

jb
06-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Bucky,
I can only hope that I can, I know a good number of shooters that are still active in their 80's.

No-till,
Been shooting trap since the early 80's, but only competitive ATA since 04.
Hit two milestones recently, received may 25,000 target awards for 16 yard and handicap, and this year made the Michigan All State Veteran Team.
It's the only vice I really have since I gave up fishing and most of my hunting activities.
Why did you give it up ????

No-till Boss
06-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Bucky,
I can only hope that I can, I know a good number of shooters that are still active in their 80's.

No-till,
Been shooting trap since the early 80's, but only competitive ATA since 04.
Hit two milestones recently, received may 25,000 target awards for 16 yard and handicap, and this year made the Michigan All State Veteran Team.
It's the only vice I really have since I gave up fishing and most of my hunting activities.
Why did you give it up ????
That's so awesome, good for you. Congratulation on that for sure.

I loved shooting competitive and the travel around the country . However, as you know, it's not a spectator sport, especially for a young wife. I would have loved to continued my pursuit, and I was probably shooting too much. I shot skeet, trap, sporting clays (hot at the time) and my favorite, live birds shoots. My claim to fame is, I won at the State level in two of those, and one Southern 7 States regional. I never was one of the upper level guys, but if I could somehow make the shoot-off, I was hard to beat then. My only regret, is not going on to the World Skeet Championship in 86-87.

Buckrub
06-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Wait.

Young wife? YOUNG wife? How young? You got pictures??? (You want some???) :)

P.S.
I have seen Bubba shoot. He is about as good at it as Len and Big Sky are at their arts. And he's in phenomenal shape, for a big fella. I don't doubt he'll do it as long as he can get outta that hammock.

No-till Boss
06-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Wait.

Young wife? YOUNG wife? How young? You got pictures??? (You want some???) :)

P.S.
I have seen Bubba shoot. He is about as good at it as Len and Big Sky are at their arts. And he's in phenomenal shape, for a big fella. I don't doubt he'll do it as long as he can get outta that hammock.

Young, as in young in the late 80's ....... not now.....

Thumper
06-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Young, as in young in the late 80's ....... not now.....

The late 80's is YOUNG!!?? :biggrin

No-till Boss
06-28-2015, 10:59 AM
The late 80's is YOUNG!!?? :biggrin

LOL, I'm not as old as you bunch of dp's .....

Thumper
06-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Ha ha ha! A joke really sucks if you have to explain it, but I think you missed the point of my smart-assedness. :D

(think "age" instead of "decade") ;)