PDA

View Full Version : I don't know the political lines on this issue but...

LJ3
06-28-2015, 09:16 PM
I think corporations not paying taxes on their revenues like a small business has to is complete and total bullshit. They shouldn't be able to hide their damn profits from taxation.

I'm not economically smart like some of you fuckers but I just don't see how someone can argue against a fair tax rate for every damn person and corporation and business. From what I've seen if you are arguing against it, it's because you don't pay jack shit in taxes.

Buckrub
06-28-2015, 10:21 PM
Corporations never pay any taxes, not net. That's if they sell anything. They DO collect taxes though.

People are the only entity that pays net taxes.

I'm against "non profit corporations" though. Totally........ IF they can offset ALL their income with legitimate expenses, then fine. But don't let them be non-profit by definition and then make all the money they want!

Thumper
06-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Oh man! That would kill the mega-churches! Ummmm, I'm all for it! ;)

Buckrub
06-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Me too.

BarryBobPosthole
06-28-2015, 10:38 PM
I saw Clapton's house in Antigua. Well, I saw the outside of his compound. That's Fuck You rich.

BKB

LJ3
06-29-2015, 12:30 PM
It's funny how he gets so little attention in that way. I mean, he's been selling records for a REALLY LONG time and still gets royalties from stuff he did what, 50 years ago? He may actually own Antigua :)

That's where he has his rehab facility isn't it? Where they do the crossroads show every once in a while?

Chicken Dinner
06-29-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't really want to be put in the position of defending corporate tax rates, but you can't just look at the corporate rates as their earnings are, at least in theory, taxed twice. First and the corporate level and then at the shareholder level when profits are distributed via dividend. That's almost as wrong as the Estate Tax.

LJ3
06-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Like I said, I'm admittedly ignorant on the subject. And I have no idea if the rhetoric is accurate but huge billion dollar corporations paying zero taxes seems a bit over the top. IF... it's true.

Buckrub
06-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Seems counter intuitive, for sure.

It seems to me that if a company that sells stuff, sets the price of their product at:
Cost of production/acquisition of item PLUS Overhead costs PLUS Profit EQUALS Price........

And "Overhead costs" includes taxes, then how can taxes be said to be paid by that corporation. Collected by, yes. Paid by, no.

Well, I guess they ARE paid by that corporation if they're so stupid as to fail to include that in their costs............