PDA

View Full Version : Got so many different things posting

Sunshine
06-30-2015, 08:20 PM
deleted

Captain
06-30-2015, 08:22 PM
It's all George Bush's fault... ;) (a tribute to Niner)

BarryBobPosthole
06-30-2015, 09:40 PM
It's all George Bush's fault... ;) (a tribute to Niner)

:beer

DeputyDog
06-30-2015, 10:18 PM
:wave

Bwana
07-01-2015, 09:11 AM
More action in the last 24hrs then all week. :D

Since when is that a bad thing?

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
In general it's not. But yesterday was such a busy day for me, two kids in surgery, two kids traveling, no sleep........that I should have backed off posting so much. I got lost, made no sense a couple of times (NO NOT OFTEN, BITE ME), and should have realized that. But the topics were important to me.

DeputyDog
07-01-2015, 10:02 AM
It seemed like by the end of things, all the topics were being discussed in all the threads. It was getting hard to keep track of what the topic originally was.

Oh wait.....that a GH trademark!

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Sunny, I do wish you'd reconsider. Trust me, the reasons you have for worrying about that are 100% invalid. Honest.

Thumper
07-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Oh boy, here we go! :hair

Nandy
07-01-2015, 03:10 PM
If I even get all the proper permissions for this site I promise I will write code to make quoting sunshine impossible (im pretty sure that is not possible but just saying...)!

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 04:16 PM
I hope you don't. I'd prefer to get her to see the truth if possible. I don't want to offend anyone, but I can't remember that sometimes, and that isn't one of the standing rules of this site. I hate sounding harsh, but she isn't accomplishing anything, and for sure not what she thinks. And it hampers us. To me, it's like saying "I want to talk here, but I don't want anyone talking to me about anything".

And I was trying to discuss it with her. That's all.

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 05:04 PM
I hope you don't. I'd prefer to get her to see the truth if possible. I don't want to offend anyone, but I can't remember that sometimes, and that isn't one of the standing rules of this site. I hate sounding harsh, but she isn't accomplishing anything, and for sure not what she thinks. And it hampers us. To me, it's like saying "I want to talk here, but I don't want anyone talking to me about anything".

And I was trying to discuss it with her. That's all.

But the question remains: Why does it bother you? Why does it bother anyone? As far as I'm concerned it isn't like she's asked anyone for a kidney. Just a simple request that's all.
Now if you don't care to comply, she will whip your narrow ass like a transvestite meter reader in a rainbow jumpsuit.
Get it?

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Well...........no..........that's NOT the question. The more valid question is, "why does it not bother you as much as it does me and a bunch of other folks who don't say anything?"

As to answering you.......it bothers me for these reasons: First, it's hard to remember to treat A differently than B. I'm not that smart. Second, this is not the only chat site folks visit. Most are similar in functionality. Yet there are no such requests at any other site. Most would not even allow that at all. Ask NTB what's allowed at most sites!!! Third, it's not a stated rule here to allow that, and never has been. It's a 'gentleman's agreement' to do so for one person. Fourth, if I want to respond to something you said, I just type out a response. But if there are 10 responses from 8 other people and I want to respond specifically to something you said about 20 posts above, I need to quote you in order for my reply to make any sense whatsoever. To do otherwise is confusing at best, and silly.

Lastly, I love her to death. I'd do anything for her. IF this particular request actually accomplished even 5% of what she thinks it does, I'd do it for her. But it's 100% ineffective. Worthless.

Those are my reasons.

Nandy
07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Barry, Barry, Barry... :poke lol!

Nandy
07-01-2015, 05:49 PM
I'd do anything for her.
Then, dont quote her!!!! lol!:laughing

However, Sunshine, I have to say that when someone slips or forget, I think you get a bit harsh... I'm sure no one here has done it just to bother you. It is hard not to quote you as it is a very useful feature on the board. I think 2 things would help with this situation:
1. Why does it bothers you? I really dont have to know, but if you have a strong reason maybe that will get the reaction from others where it is easier to remember...
2. When someone does forget (we forget, we are human, have you never forget something? I know I have) then you can ask the person to please remove the quote without appearing so agitated and promising not coming back and such.

Im out of this subject, lets go back to hate/love gays, the government and the president...

Bwana
07-01-2015, 05:54 PM
So let me get this right, I'm not supposed to quote Sunshine???

Thumper
07-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Bucky quote;

The more valid question is, "why does it not bother you as much as it does me and a bunch of other folks who don't say anything?"

Well, to be honest ... you should "give a rat's ass!" :D

Sorry, just had to say it. Honestly, it bugs the crap out'ta me too, but ONLY because I many times do the quote thing for the same reasons Bucky mentioned above. Sometimes I remember before I hit the "Post Reply" button, other times I forget and when it hits me, I rush back in a total panic hoping to hit delete before I get my ass busted! She's a bit rough on people who simply forget because, as far as she's concerned, they've done it purposely and maliciously. For me it's just the habit of using a convenient and meaningful tool.

Again, I just roll with it because I know how blondes think (Ha ha ha ha ha, like I REALLY believe they "think"!) ;)

That said, I agree with Bucky ... I have no clue whatsoever what difference it makes other than I "THINK" she wants the option of deleting certain threads (that SHE started) or posts within a thread and she can only do that to her specific posts, but it does not remove others posts with her quote included. Heck, I can click on her name and go to her profile page to read everything she's ever written ... BUT ... I'm not sure if anything shows up on a thread SHE initiated and later deleted.

As I said, I don't understand it, I just roll with it. (or try)

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Well look. Don't misinterpret what I said, Sunny. I am NOT GOING to quote you, not if I can help it.

So, that wasn't an 'in your face I'll do it anyway', not in any way.

I am simply trying to change her mind. I'm not going to do what she doesn't want, not if I can just remember not to..........

Nandy
07-01-2015, 06:25 PM
So let me get this right, I'm not supposed to quote Sunshine???

Ahhh, so you did not get the Memo! lol!

Nandy
07-01-2015, 06:28 PM
How about this...

I say we all do our best real effort not to quote her as long as she makes a good honest effort to not get all worked up about it and just ask us to delete our quote.

Frankly, when I am asked nicely, people can get almost anything from me. But once they start to get nasty and I get tired of it I might not be as flexible as I generally am...

I got work to do, will back later...

Thumper
07-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Frankly, when I am asked nicely, people can get almost anything from me.

Hey there old buddy, ol' pal of mine! Could you please ... pretty please with sugar on top ... give me $10,000? ;)

Nandy
07-01-2015, 08:07 PM
I made emphasis on "almost"!

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Ahhh, so you did not get the Memo! lol!

I, for one, plan on just quoting everyone all the time. I have my reasons.

Captain
07-01-2015, 08:24 PM
I, for one, plan on just quoting everyone all the time. I have my reasons.
Me too...

Thumper
07-01-2015, 08:26 PM
I made emphasis on "almost"!

I was just testing the waters to see if I could find where you draw the line at "almost".

How 'bout $5000 then? :D

Nandy
07-01-2015, 09:20 PM
I was just testing the waters to see if I could find where you draw the line at "almost".

How 'bout $5000 then? :D

Drive up here and lets talk about it with some cold tea... No promises...

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 08:54 AM
I want to go on record one more time, and say publicly that I did NOT say I would quote Sunny. I said I would NOT quote Sunny.

I just tried to convince her it makes no difference, and why it's needed to make sense of long posts. That's all I did.

Just want that to be clear.