PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck

Captain
07-01-2015, 06:46 AM
I've never seen such dry hot weather in June in my life. All hayfields and pastures are toast and we will be feeding hay in a week if things don't change. This June is the hottest on record out here with many days above 100 degrees. We've not seen rain in so long I have about forgot what it's like.
Well yesterday it speared a good storm was headed for the farm. I mean a direct hit. Note on the picture the pin closest to the center of the radar is the farm. The storm simply divided and went around the farm. This has happened several times this past month.
Looking good!
Just as it gets to to the farm. 5005
And as it goes over the farm. 5006
And it played out without giving us a drop. People just up the road and down the road had a good rain. But we got nothing.

Thumper
07-01-2015, 07:36 AM
Ha! Maybe you stink! ;)

That reminds me of when I was a kid, maybe 10-12 yrs. old. My dad and I were in the car and as we drove by the lake just down the street from our house, we saw a wall of HEAVY rain coming across the lake toward us. It was no big deal ... it just looked so cool we stopped on the side of the road to watch. It was like a big curtain stretching all the way across the lake and you could see it, as well as the line across the water as it crossed the lake toward us. As it got to us, I looked out the passenger side window and it was pouring rain on the sidewalk right beside me. It was raining in front of us and it was raining in back of us. My dad could look out his driver's window and it was pouring rain right beside him. It was so close, if either of us opened our doors, the doors would have gotten wet. If we'd have pulled forward a foot or two, or backed up a foot or two, the car would have gotten wet. It was that close! But not ONE drop ever touched the car! That was over 50 years ago and to this day I've never forgotten that sight. Really, really weird. I can't help but wonder if my dad remembered that day all his life. I wish he were still around so I could ask him. Your post brought back that childhood memory.

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 07:41 AM
We certainly had a hot June, but it was the second wettest in history with over 11". We started off July with another 1" after midnight last night. It's prolly totally screwed up Len's river fishing.

DeputyDog
07-01-2015, 07:54 AM
June was out wettest month ever, not just of any other June, ever. We got approximately 12" and the temps have been very moderate. I don't think we've hit 90 yet, of if we have, not more than a couple of days.

Fido
07-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Fish are wearing life jackets here in southeast ohio. we are way above the average rainfall numbers.

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 08:53 AM
We're just now getting around to having a semi normal summer here. Lakes are full to the brim and rivers are crested finally and getting closer to normal. Looks like we broke the back on our multi year drought too! Seems like it always works that way. Somebody is in drought while acroos the country somebody else is in flood.

Hopeyours gets back to normal so you son't have to feed those red cows in the summer Larke.

BKB

Big Muddy
07-01-2015, 08:57 AM
I feel your pain, Cap....summer rain clouds have been splitting over my place for the past three summers.

Next summer, however, I won't be giving a sheeit!!!!! ;)

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 09:17 AM
East and West are parched. We're under water and no letup in sight till maybe August for most lakes and rivers. Big floods.

Probably being punished for our Southern Beliefs.

Bwana
07-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Sorry things are so dry down there Cappy. Looking at the radar shots makes me wonder if your middle name isn't Moses or something.

Wetter then normal here too but our garden is the best its ever been as of now.

Hope you get some rain soon as droughts really do suck.

DeputyDog
07-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Next summer, however, I won't be giving a sheeit!!!!! ;)

Don't you mean, "I don't give a rat's ass."?

Big Muddy
07-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Don't you mean, "I don't give a rat's ass."?

Yep, that, too !!! ;)

Thumper
07-01-2015, 10:22 AM
:biggrin

No-till Boss
07-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Somebody has a axe stuck in a tree !

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Hopefully, this next blob coming into TN now won't Peter out before it hits you...

Big Skyz
07-01-2015, 12:36 PM
I feel your pain Cappy. No rain here and way too many days reaching 100 degrees. I expect in the next two months a pretty fair portion of the state is going to go up in flames. It's going to be a miserable smokey summer.

Nandy
07-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I get it the same cappy, rain all around my place. Here at work I get swapped then look the next day at my rain gauge at home and all i get is Japanese beetles... been watering every other day but mine is just a home garden...

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Amazingly, it is hot yet again in the summertime!

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Here we go. Three months of Posthole not letting us bitch about the heat. I bet he has zoned a/c in his house.

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Y'all would bitch if you got hung with a new rope.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 04:24 PM
And yes, I have three zones. Doesn't everybody?

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 04:28 PM
You COULD be right.

I cannot afford a new rope. Will never know.

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 04:29 PM
And yes, I have three zones. Doesn't everybody?

BKB

Only my britches, not my house.

Big Skyz
07-01-2015, 05:53 PM
It's unusually hot here. The last time Montana was this hot and dry was in 1910. The scary thing is the state had really bad fires that year. Some of you may remember the Yellowstone National Park fires. This year is lining out to be worse. It's not your normal summer time hot summer around here.

Thumper
07-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Maybe Al Gore was right afterall. ;)

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Al Gore also has zoned a/c. 'Cept his house has bout 22 zones!

Thumper
07-01-2015, 06:21 PM
My house (I'll never own another 2-story ... for a bazillion reasons) has about elebenty-sebenteen zones! Problem is, I only have ONE a/c unit. :)

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 07:28 PM
My house (I'll never own another 2-story ... for a bazillion reasons) has about elebenty-sebenteen zones! Problem is, I only have ONE a/c unit. :)

I've got two zones and 2 HVAC units. I had to replace them both within two years. I don't think I'll ever have two by choice ever again.

No-till Boss
07-01-2015, 08:41 PM
It's unusually hot here. The last time Montana was this hot and dry was in 1910. The scary thing is the state had really bad fires that year. Some of you may remember the Yellowstone National Park fires. This year is lining out to be worse. It's not your normal summer time hot summer around here.

You should be happy to take off that damn flannel and those jackets !

Big Skyz
07-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Nope it's depressing. Love wearing flannel and jackets. Cold weather = no snakes. No snakes = happy Big Skyz!

No-till Boss
07-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Nope it's depressing. Love wearing flannel and jackets. Cold weather = no snakes. No snakes = happy Big Skyz!

Hot weather = short pants = the Boss is happy ! + stuff grows this time of year !