PDA

View Full Version : What I learned yesterday at ROMEO club

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Interesting things I learned at ROMEO club lunch yesterday. When I challenged each of this, I got hammered like a rusty nail.

A) Obama gave $3.2 Million of "fast track" money to each family of the Charleston shooting's families.

B) Boehner got $5M and Ryan $3.2 M (or some such amount) directly for supporting Obama's trade agreement pact.

There were about 4 more, but I got lost trying to find proof of these two. I ain't saying they are right or wrong, but when I google and search for them, the only hits I get are blogs. Not one credible news source carried either story.

Why do we believe Bearing False Witness will help 'our' cause???? I believe there's plenty of provable idiocy for those with whom I disagree, that I don't need to make stuff up.

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 09:54 AM
One of my uncles by marriage, and that's about as close as I'll claim, told me with a straight face that China owned Walmart lock stock and barrel.

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 10:01 AM
I just went on a certain website where such things are prevalent and more are posted every day, and probably will be kicked off of there by day's end......because I told them that they are Bearing False Witness and they will pay for that one day. I told them that they can't hammer homosexuality as a sin (which it is) and then happily repeat lies because it makes the 'other side' look stupid. They look stupid enough in real life! Lying is not good. There's PLENTY of real stuff to hammer 'em on!

Just one of my pet peeves.

AS to my lunch, one of my best friends got very upset with me that I would challenge these same two contentions. He said if I don't believe that, then I must be a Democrat.

Seriously.

Thumper
07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
I had two buddies in California (both mechanics) and we'd many times go to lunch together. They were both huge conspiracy theorists. Talk about some heated lunch arg ... errr, I mean, "discussions". I finally just called 'em both a coupl'a "ignernt fucks". I couldn't take it anymore.

I know a guy here in town (friend of a friend actually) who swears up and down that there's a huge alien UFO base in some deep water cave (or something like that) under the Pacific ocean. That's the base where the UFO's supposedly come from when there are sightings around the world. He's serious as a heart attack!

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 10:17 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Bucky. The truth is bad enough and all you do is lose credibility when you start spouting off all this conspiracy nonsense.

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Now Bucky, how many times have I heard you say 'But I could see how it could be true' , when confronted with posting something that's balderdash. Which means I suppose that it doesn't have to be true if it sounds in character.

Does this mean what I think it means?

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Say WHAT????

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Funny/Saywhat_zps0fd6pd8q.jpg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Funny/Saywhat_zps0fd6pd8q.jpg.html)

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 10:28 AM
I had to google up ROMEO Club. It turns out they're on "the Facebook". Who knew?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ROMEO-Club-Retired-old-men-eating-out/83898543565

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 10:30 AM
That ain't us. We just stole the name.

quercus alba
07-01-2015, 01:27 PM
you don't want to be east side of the mississippi river when the government releases that experimental virus...

so I was told by one who knows these things, all kinds of secret government plots. looks like Carnie would warn us

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 01:29 PM
I heard the feds were about to invade Texas, scrape all the bullshit off the top ten feet and corner the world market in fertilizer.

BKB

quercus alba
07-01-2015, 01:30 PM
that's not a rumor

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Dang, where does one buy futures in cow poop?

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 02:48 PM
I heard the feds were about to invade Texas, scrape all the bullshit off the top ten feet and corner the world market in fertilizer.

BKB

Where will they put the excess??

Nandy
07-01-2015, 03:46 PM
I dont argue with extremist or zealots, you cant chage their minds even with hard facts in your hands.... Some of you should have noticed that by know!!! RLMAO!