PDA

View Full Version : For Len, Bucky and Trav

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
How about those US women last night! What is that their 5th shutout in a row? Man, that German goalie was a piece of work. I thought Caitlin Jenner had switched countries and taken up soccer.

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 10:30 AM
They finally decided to play! Who put Germany #1 in the world? They weren't even close. Japan is much better.

Women STILL drive me nuts...........they have to get so close to score.......or get a PK. Loose ball will be rolling and I think "Wow, she's gonna get there and have wide open drive to goal" and she can't get there in time. Or on a corner, all they have to do against a SHORT goalie is bend it over their head and straight into the net. We did that all day in U12, U14 boys. But they can't drive the ball that far!!!

Watching them is like watching a boy's U16 game..........competitive but frustrating because they just lack the strength and speed to do it really well.

Still, it's the USA and it's Soccer, and I was on the edge of my seat, and will be Sunday night. Be a hoot to have England to play, but unlikely.

Refs have sucked. So what else is now for FIFA?

Chicken Dinner
07-01-2015, 10:38 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that the top two guys at FIFA aren't going to make the final due to "pressing duties" in Switzerland. Ha! I guess pressing duties is that they don't want to get arrested and extradited to the US.

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 10:39 AM
FIFA has two "top guys" left?

Wow!

:)

DeputyDog
07-01-2015, 10:43 AM
How about the prospect of USA vs England on the 4th of July weekend?

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 11:41 AM
My youngest child's last day to be 39..........but that'd be great. Ref would probably speak Swahili and neither side could understand her.

Speaking of which, refs should be male!!!

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Bucky, why do you hate the Swahilis?

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 02:48 PM
They're homosexuals. I hate all of those.

BarryBobPosthole
07-01-2015, 02:58 PM

You may be right. Here's their flag. Don't you just hate it?

BKB

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Of course.
There's no purple.

Trav
07-01-2015, 07:08 PM
It was a good game and the best one they have played in the cup. I have to admit I haven't been impressed with Carly Lloyd up to last night. She was a totally different player, she can't play with her back to the goal for shit but as a attacking player she was nails last night. Julie Jonston has been the best player overall for the U.S. this cup even with her foul last night and she is my new soccer crush. I really can't believe the skill Tobin Heath has with the ball but she just disappears at points in the game it's very frustrating. If Alex Morgan isn't rusty we are up 2-0 before halftime.

Trav
07-01-2015, 07:10 PM
How about those US women last night! What is that their 5th shutout in a row? Man, that German goalie was a piece of work. I thought Caitlin Jenner had switched countries and taken up soccer.

She is clearly more man than Jenner has ever been.

Buckrub
07-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Japan is luckier than a dog with two Johnsons.

Chicken Dinner
07-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Am I the only one last night who heard/noticed the announcer say, "That was a 'bad touch' in the box."?

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Apparently.

I seldom listen to sports announcers on TV.

No-till Boss
07-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Am I the only one last night who heard/noticed the announcer say, "That was a 'bad touch' in the box."?

I watched the replay and I couldn't figure it out...

LJ3
07-08-2015, 03:33 PM
That was a great tournament! Those ladies really increased their level of play as the tourney went on. Those poor Japanese wimmins didn't know what hit 'em.