PDA

View Full Version : Thump's TRUE Believer Church of Enlightenment

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 11:06 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-church-of-cannabis-tests-limits-of-religious-law-in-indiana/ar-AAcryNz

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. But.........well.............

never mind.

Cards01
07-02-2015, 11:29 AM
wow... lol

DeputyDog
07-02-2015, 01:36 PM
They had an article about this in the IndyStar. They said that he claims it a valid religion, based on peace and love, but they told about all the get-rich-quick schemes he's been involved in over the years. They also interviewed his ex-wife and one or both of his daughters and the ex and one of the daughters both think it's just another of his schemes to make some money.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2015/06/27/part-huckster-part-high-priest-pot-indys-counter-culture-icon-sparks-controversy/29287515/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Thumper
07-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Nutbags are forever coming up with wild ideas on how to test the law. That's why these various jerk-offs come up with their idea of erecting some pagan statue of Saten (or whatever) next to a display of the Ten Commandments, etc. Religion is just like politics, you have your legitimat parties and "legitimate" religions, but then you have those "far right" or "far left" political nutbags who are on par with the "radical religious freaks" IMHO ... (radical Christians can be included in this group as well as any other far "fringe area" believer).

The problem comes when a group of these yahoos decide to test the word of the law. Why can't ANYONE start their own religion? According to one of Merriam-Webster's definitions of religion, how can you "legally" argue" the point?

Religion - noun - re·li·gion - ri-ˈli-jən
1) an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

Full Definition of RELIGION:
1) a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
2) a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

The question is, are we going to pick and choose which definition we want to follow? I don't have an answer and IMHO, these far left/right factions are ALL a bunch of crazies, but then again, I suppose, to the Kingdom of Great Britain, the 13 colonies were looked upon as a bunch of radical nut-bags leading into the Revolutionary War, so where do you draw the line?

I don't know what's so bad about a bunch of people sitting in a "church" getting high ... when it's perfectly legal to sit in a bar and get commode-hugging drunk. Frankly, I could give a rat's ass! :D

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2015, 03:15 PM
There is a Native American Church in Oklahoma that uses peyote in their religious rites. Its been a long time since I heard anything about them but they used to be able to legally possess it back in the 70's. I happened to have been acquainted with one of 'em and 'worshipped' a bit with her.
BKB