PDA

View Full Version : Knowing your betters

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 07:11 PM
I've been made fun of here for posting editorials. But when a guy writes so much better than I, and speaks 100% of what I think on a subject but can't verbalize well, why not reproduce him.

He's a black guy, by the way. I know folks who don't like him and so don't read him and put him down as a 'hack'. He's anything but. I sincerely believe he may be the single smartest human in America alive today. That's how I honestly feel about him. If he wrote about the mating habits of slugs, I'd read it, and probably laud it. This one is good stuff, and I wish I'd have said it first!!!

Columnists
Supreme Court disasters

By Thomas Sowell

Many people are looking at the recent Supreme Court decisions about Obamacare and same-sex marriage in terms of whether they think these are good or bad policies. That is certainly a legitimate concern, for both those who favor those policies and those who oppose them.

But there is a deeper and more long-lasting impact of these decisions that raise the question whether we are still living in America, where "we the people" are supposed to decide what kind of society we want, not have our betters impose their notions on us.

The Constitution of the United States says that the federal government has only those powers specifically granted to it by the Constitution--and that all other powers belong either to the states or to the people themselves.

That is the foundation of our freedom, and that is what is being dismantled by both this year's Obamacare decision and last year's Obamacare decision as well as by the Supreme Court's decision imposing a redefinition of marriage.

Last year's Supreme Court decision declaring Obamacare constitutional says that the federal government can order individual citizens to buy the kind of insurance the government wants them to buy, regardless of what the citizens themselves prefer.

The Constitution gave the federal government no such power, but the Supreme Court did. It did so by citing the government's power to tax, even though the Obamacare law did not claim to be taxing.

This year's Obamacare decision likewise ignored the actual words of the law and decided that the decisions of 34 states not to participate in Obamacare Exchanges, even to get federal subsidies, would not prevent those federal subsidies to be paid anyway to exchanges set up by the federal government itself.

When any branch of government can exercise powers not authorized by either statutes or the Constitution, we the people are no longer free citizens but subjects and our public servants are really our public masters. And America is no longer America. The freedom for which whole generations of Americans have fought and died is gradually but increasingly being taken away from us with smooth and slippery words.

This decision makes next year's choice of the next president of the United States more crucial than ever, because with that office goes the power to nominate justices of the Supreme Court. Democrats have consistently nominated people who shared their social vision and imposed their policy preferences, too often in disregard of the Constitution.

Republicans have complained about it but, when the power of judicial appointment was in the hands of Republican presidents, they have too often appointed justices who participated in the dismantling of the Constitution--and usually for the kinds of social policies preferred by Democrats.

Chief justices appointed by Republican presidents have made landmark decisions for which there was neither Constitutional authority nor either evidence or logic. The first was Earl Warren.

When Chief Justice Warren said that "separate educational facilities are inherently unequal," he was within walking distance of an all-black public high school that sent a higher percentage of its graduates on to college than any white public high school in Washington. As far back as 1899, that school's students scored higher on tests than two of the city's three white academic public high schools.

Nevertheless, Chief Justice Warren's unsubstantiated assumption led to years of school busing across the country that was as racially divisive as it was educationally futile.

Chief Justice Warren Burger, also appointed by a Republican president, gave us the "disparate impact" notion that statistical disparities imply discrimination. That notion has created a whole statistical shakedown racket, practiced by government itself and by private race hustlers alike.

And now Chief Justice John Roberts, appointed by George W. Bush, gives the federal government the power to order us to buy whatever insurance they want us to buy. With that entering wedge, is there anything they cannot force us to do, regardless of the Constitution?

Can the Republicans--or the country--afford to put another mushy moderate in the White House who can appoint more mushy moderates to the Supreme Court?

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2015, 07:14 PM
This is nothing but a bunch of bellyaching because the decision wasn't the one he liked. For chrissakes, its done. And all the lamenting won't put Humpty back together again.

BKB

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 07:43 PM
HAHAHA. You hate him, I know.

No it ain't. It's unadulterated truth, spread on a hot biscuit. He (and I) ain't trying to put Humpty back together. He (and I) are registering the same complaints about current events that you did every other day when W was in power.

SO there.

Arty
07-02-2015, 07:48 PM
This is nothing but a bunch of bellyaching because the decision wasn't the one he liked. For chrissakes, its done. And all the lamenting won't put Humpty back together again. BKB

You've got to be kidding me. How anyone... Liberal or conservative could read that and not be objective about the content and context is BEYOND ME.
Two cited examples of previous horse shit decisions made by the Supreme Court.... And you just say "stop bellyaching?!"

So disparate impact and bussing blacks across the other side of the county... was cool? You down with that? It was/is all ok?

The government usurping its authority over the constitution and YOU is completely fine... I mean, since it's over and done with...
Why bellyache about it ?

When something hits home with you (read: when you give a rats ass) and you don't like it.... Don't belly ache. It's done.

You must want to argue just to fuckin argue.

Btw Bucky that was a good read.

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Well, if we're gonna continue to argue on it, then I guess I ought to point out the obvious since some folks, whose initials are ARTIE, ain't keeping up with current events.

There is absolutely nothing in either of the SCOTUS decisions that is even remotely 'usurping' anyone's power. In one case they interpreted the law as it was written by the Congress and also interpreted the intent of the law, and that is something they do quite regularly. Its called THEIR FUCKING JOB. Like interpreting the Constitution, as they did in the gay marriage decision. They didn't enact any new law. They simply interpreted what they think existing law means. Some of this, I realize is subjective, and where any of us has issues with what SCOTUS does this is usually when people start trying to bully the court with threats of recalls, impeachment, and basically they get accused of anything anyone wants to. But they aren't elected and that's what makes them work so well.

So stick in yer damned ear. Its a conservative court and you're still fucking bitching. Go figure.

BKB

Captain
07-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Not near conservative enough. And not conservative as I would like. In fact Bucky and I are almost too liberal for my own liking. :-)

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 08:13 PM
This court is conservative??? Who told you that? Do you understand what Conservative means?

If they are conservative, then me and Cappy are tall!

This has nothing to do with bellyaching. If SCOTUS said "Murder of left handed red headed folks over 50 is constitutional", then you'd be bellyaching too..............IF you were still alive.

This will prove out in time. IF I live long enough.

And Sowell is still the smartest man in America, and he's black, and is the only man that writes a lot that never, ever, EVER, wrote one single word that I disagree with. The Good Lord can't even say that!!!!

Arty
07-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Well, if we're gonna continue to argue on it, then I guess I ought to point out the obvious since some folks, whose initials are ARTIE, ain't keeping up with current events. There is absolutely nothing in either of the SCOTUS decisions that is even remotely 'usurping' anyone's power. In one case they interpreted the law as it was written by the Congress and also interpreted the intent of the law, and that is something they do quite regularly. Its called THEIR FUCKING JOB. Like interpreting the Constitution, as they did in the gay marriage decision. They didn't enact any new law. They simply interpreted what they think existing law means. Some of this, I realize is subjective, and where any of us has issues with what SCOTUS does this is usually when people start trying to bully the court with threats of recalls, impeachment, and basically they get accused of anything anyone wants to. But they aren't elected and that's what makes them work so well. So stick in yer damned ear. Its a conservative court and you're still fucking bitching. Go figure. BKB

They are exercising powers not authorized by the Constitution. Not allowing states to make their own decisions is the prime example.

So - I will remove it from my ear and you can stick it in YOURS.

Thumper
07-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Ha ha ha! Cool! I'm not even involved in this discussion!! ;)

Captain
07-02-2015, 08:30 PM
They are exercising powers not authorized by the Constitution. Not allowing states to make their own decisions is the prime example. So - I will remove it from my ear and you can stick it in YOURS.

You are 100% correct. These and many other issues are state issues. The federal government has over stepped it's bounds for many years. And yes even when Bush we in office.

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 08:36 PM
The Federal Government is so far out of control, out of bounds, off any legal reason for existence, that it'd be better if 100% of them were shipped to Mars tomorrow and we started over.

And there's no hope of changing it to any appreciable degree.

We've taken the largesse of the working citizens and squandered it on utter stupidity. And we've done it in the name of helping the poor, helping other countries, helping preserve world peace, and who knows what else.

I think most current Americans would have never voted for the name for this country at all. I think they'd have preferred "America". Most don't even know why we have states, or what good they are.

Well, Poppycock and Balderdash.

And you can quote me on that.

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Jiggery pokery?

Y'all are just back to spouting platitudes.

BKB

Arty
07-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Jiggery pokery? Y'all are just back to spouting platitudes. BKB
Go to bed. You got fish to catch tomarree

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2015, 10:33 PM
And a 0430 wakeup.

Cards on extry innings.

BKB

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 10:38 PM
Jiggery pokery?

Y'all are just back to spouting platitudes.

BKB

Bullfeathers. I"m so sick of the tired old failed Liberal policies, where they keep folks bent over and bowed down and fail to even realize it. It's almost criminal to continue to tout such bullcrap policies of trying to get government to raise up the downtrodden whether they want it or not, and I'm tired of the conservative policies of trying to police the planet, and in the process taking the money I've made and squandering it because the danged Elitists know so much more than I do on how to spend my income.

I"m tired of arguing the beauty of reading the above and hearing how folks can't stand or abide such truths, so they speak silliness to try and criticize it, without merit or substance.

Jiggery pockery my left ass cheek! Government is the penultimate jiggery! To defend it is to expose the tentacles of ignorance that cling to the false hope that it provides. Get yourself up and do your own jiggery, folks. And stop asking others to help you.

And stop asking me to apologize for believing such things.

Balderdash and Poppycock to the lot of it all!

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2015, 10:51 PM
you friggin conservatives claim ownership of the mantra of small government. Yet when a Republican is president we have the hoghest growth in spending! Check the facts, Obama has the smallest rate of increase in government spending going all the way back to Carter. The guy in second place for smallest increase in government spending is Clinton. The Democratic presidents didn't hold a candle to Reagan and the Bushies.

BKB

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 10:57 PM
SO WHAT?

I DON'T LIKE THEM EITHER.

I DISLIKE BIG GOVERNMENT AND YOU ARE HIDING BEHIND SILLY ARGUMENTS TO PROVE ME WRONG, AND FAILING MISERABLY.

Three kinds of liars:
Liars
Damn Liars
Statisticians

Clinton benefited from he largest increase in technology since t beginning of the 20th century. He did almost nothing! He had 8 SOTU addresses, some of them droned on for hours, and not ONE, NOT ONE SINGLE thing he every proposed was implemented. How can you give credit for anything positive that slug ever did?

You misunderstand life. I wish I knew why a man so smart can misunderstand life so totally.

Democratic policies have failed for 75 years, not one of them has proven to be a positive influence on this country. Yet Democrats keep touting them and usually solely by downing other ideas, never by proving theirs are worthwhile.

Buckrub
07-02-2015, 11:01 PM
you friggin conservatives claim ownership of the mantra of small government. Yet when a Republican is president we have the hoghest growth in spending! Check the facts, Obama has the smallest rate of increase in government spending going all the way back to Carter. The guy in second place for smallest increase in government spending is Clinton. The Democratic presidents didn't hold a candle to Reagan and the Bushies.

BKB

And I also can Google. And call b/s on your Googles!!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/may/23/facebook-posts/viral-facebook-post-says-barack-obama-has-lowest-s/

Captain
07-03-2015, 04:40 AM

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 05:44 AM
And you obviously didn't even read what you posted because it bears out what I was saying.

And so you look at it and say, well I hate them all. Well that's just fucking dandy. That's the exact same platitude you spout every time I back you into a corner with the truth.

Just forget it, its all smoke you're blowing anyway.

And Larke, that meme is about 8 years old.

BKB

Buckrub
07-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Stop with the "it's just platitudes" b/s. OK? I don't even know what your point is with that.

Are my comments true and valid, or not? Platitude or not, so what? And is something 8 years old not valid?

Your arguments and rebuttals are getting weaker and weaker. I can hear the drain sucking it dowwwnnnn........dowwwnnnn...

And yeah, other than about 3 or 4 functions, I hate the way government operates, and the things it does. If that puts me in a corner (???) then let me be in that corner. Cause it's how I feel, and until someone can prove that invalid, I'll stay there. I can't fathom the opposite view, or why any sentient being has it. Truth my left butt cheek!!!

Why folks would hate slavery and like welfare is beyond me. How folks can preach tolerance and hate anyone with a differing opinion is beyond me. How anyone can look at life with the leftist viewpoint is so far beyond me as to be mind boggling. Where is all the insecurity coming from? Where is the guilt coming from? Why do they hate individual freedom so much? Why?

It wakes me up in the mornings, I tell ya. All this wondering why, with no answers! Such a burden!

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Who loves welfare? Who hates people for their opinions? Who has a leftist viewpoint? Who hates individual freedom? Who feels guilty? Who who who? You make all these bullshit asinine statements about these 'people' whom you claim feel and believe all these thongs but you never say who they are. Well, I know who it is. Its the samecfucking broad brush you use yo paint anyone who might disagree eith you about anything. Its the 'libtards' again.

Why don't you grow up and try to understand who your neighbors and fellow citizens are without consigning them to the trash heap just because they have a different idea about a friggin economic policy. Talk about hate. Sheesh.

BKB

Buckrub
07-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Pass.

Seems it's the same shoe, just a different foot. I just know what I think, and hate ain't in it.

Who? You for one, for even making a half hearted effort to uphold anything this POS President has done. Folks like that. Hillary. Bernie Sanders. Chuck Schumer. Those folks.

That's my opinion.

Not any hate involved. Just observation and commentary. But I do see some hate....... but it ain't me.

DeputyDog
07-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Barry, that graph gives the numbers but there is no context to them.

The spending went up under Reagan and the result of that spending, the end of the Cold War.
Bush had the first Gulf War, (but I suppose we had no business getting involved in that.)
W had 9/11, but I suppose we shouldn't have spent any more money on the military to respond to that.

Without context the numbers don't mean shit. That's like saying Hoover did a better job on spending than Roosevelt, which would be true just by the numbers, but not indicating anything because of the this happening in the bigger picture around the world.

DeputyDog
07-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Barry, that graph gives the numbers but there is no context to them.

The spending went up under Reagan and the result of that spending, the end of the Cold War.
Bush had the first Gulf War, (but I suppose we had no business getting involved in that.)
W had 9/11, but I suppose we shouldn't have spent any more money on the military to respond to that.

Without context the numbers don't mean shit. That's like saying Hoover did a better job on spending than Roosevelt, which would be true just by the numbers, but not indicating anything because of the this happening in the bigger picture around the world.

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 06:27 PM
So what are the numbers that make you think Democrat presidents are all for increasing the size of govern,ent? Y'all quote that shit like its common knowledge. Then all the sudden 'its a matter of context'.

BKB

Buckrub
07-03-2015, 06:33 PM
No one but you made this a Political Party discussion.

I"m against all big government. I mentioned debt due to wars along with welfare. You only remember the welfare part. Spending is spending. I've given that example of man and wife spending to match each other, and the bank not caring, many times......you don't remember it I guess.

But I do believe those on welfare are deep into slavery. I think their slavery is worse than what we saw in 1825. I think it's much worse. Because it's pervasive across the entire country, not just the south.......it's across all race lines..........it's not recognized as evil, so it hides behind a faux facade of good........and unlike Confederate slavery, it makes the slave unaware that he's in slavery so he doesn't fight it, in fact he welcomes it.

That's a poor, and awful way to treat our fellow man.

And my hate........which is real, I hate welfare and big government and spending.........is coming from the place that is 180 degrees from the place your guilt is coming from.

And I ain't backing down in my beliefs, because they are valid and all the screaming at me and name calling in the world is no longer gonna make me stop.

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 06:49 PM
When you think that way, then stop your incessant whining about why the country is so divided. Post you vitriolic bullshit and then in the same breath stare wistfully into space and wonder why it is we can't just all get along.

BKB

Buckrub
07-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Well, I didn't mean to do that. I have stated it's inevitable that we split. But I don't think I ever meant to 'pine wistfully that we all get along'. I doubt we ever can. And I will use this thread as a microcosm of that truth.

And I ain't gonna stop my incessant anything. I really am sorry. There's a LOT in this country to whine about, and it needs said. And it needs dealt with.

I don't really want to get along with the Devil. I want him to run off defeated with his tail between his legs. I'd PREFER he repent, but as Sunny says.............it ain't never gonna happen. But I do think the direction of this country is headed to Hell, and that ain't incessant whining. That's the observation of an analyst. Should I ignore it, do ya think???

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 07:01 PM
You are so ingrained with this shit that you once said you honestly hoped the country failed under this president. That's sad.

BKB

Captain
07-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Why is it when Democrats speak their minds or make noise about an issue its "sticking up for something or some injustice" but when Republicans do the same thing it's whinning?
Sorry Posty But that's exactly the way not only I see it but the way it is...
And there are SO many examples of this we would need more bandwidth to type them all...

Buckrub
07-03-2015, 07:04 PM
That's more bullfeathers. I never said that. Prove that, dipwad. You're sad, if you want to spread lies!

You are the one that said, and I quote "I hate George W. Bush, and I'll hate him even if he cures Cancer".

And now you don't like the same shoe on the other foot?

Get a grip!

Buckrub
07-03-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't know why........but there's folks that can't stand what I say, to the point they just make stuff up.

I'm done here. I'm going to watch the Cardinals and eat supper. But I don't have any interest in this type of stuff anymore. Ain't good for the heart, solves nothing, and just riles me up for no reason. Pearls before swine, and all that.

Later.

DeputyDog
07-03-2015, 07:41 PM
I never implied anything about any parties and the sole purpose of it was that whatever is occurring in the world will influence the spending. If it's a quiet peaceful time with a strong economy, then spending shouldn't increase very much. However, if there is a depression, a war, a series of large natural disasters, etc... then things will change, no matter which party is in office.

No-till Boss
07-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Why is it when Democrats speak their minds or make noise about an issue its "sticking up for something or some injustice" but when Republicans do the same thing it's whinning?
And there are SO many examples of this we would need more bandwidth to type them all...
Einstein developed proved this remarkable formula;
Energy = Mass x Speed of Light squared.

A brilliant genius as we all know.

Another lesser known of Einstein's formulas determined;
If a man was to strip naked and run around in a circle at the speed of 298 KM/sec (The speed of light) It could be possible for you to sodomize yourself.....!

Should you determine that because of age, you are not physically capable of achieving that speed, you can easily achieve the same result by voting Democratic in the Nov. 8 2016 election.

No-till Boss
07-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Yes ma'am ....

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 08:25 PM

Hey I'm just standing up for my side of this argument. But if you'd rather call it pissing and moaning instead of whining you may.

BKB

Captain
07-03-2015, 08:30 PM
A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal. Feeling somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu:

Tourist: $5.00

Broiled Missionary: $10.00

Fried Explorer: $15.00

Grilled Republican: $20.00

Baked Democrat: $100.00

The cannibal called the owner over and asked, "Why such a high price for the Democrats?"The owner replied, "I have to pass along my labor costs. Have you ever tried to clean one? They're so full of shit, it takes all morning."

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 08:31 PM
You're a funny funny guy.

BKB

Captain
07-03-2015, 08:41 PM
You're a funny funny guy. BKB

If I didn't like ya' I wouldn't pick with ya. :D

Arty
07-03-2015, 09:01 PM
A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal. Feeling somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu: Tourist: $5.00 Broiled Missionary: $10.00 Fried Explorer: $15.00 Grilled Republican: $20.00 Baked Democrat: $100.00 The cannibal called the owner over and asked, "Why such a high price for the Democrats?"The owner replied, "I have to pass along my labor costs. Have you ever tried to clean one? They're so full of shit, it takes all morning."
Being a Pastors kid, and having first hand knowledge, I'd have expected the missionary to be the most "time consuming" to clean.

Captain
07-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Enough to where he's mellowed out on the F-bombs.... :D

Arty
07-03-2015, 09:21 PM
I fuckin hate the F word!
:)

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Its a word and nothing more, just like all the others.

And no drinks for me! I am letting my liver recover from vacation. I swear, I could turn into a rummy if I lived someplace tropical.

BKB

Arty
07-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Its a word and nothing more, just like all the others. And no drinks for me! I am letting my liver recover from vacation. I swear, I could turn into a rummy if I lived someplace tropical. BKB

They make it local there? If so, what brand/maker?

I love rum. And when I went to St Croix a few years back, a liter that cost 13$ here was $4 there. I think I was able to bring 5 bottles back. Maybe it was 6.
It was Cruzan. It's made there. It ain't top notch, but it ain't bad!

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Haven't tried the Ron Cortez. i'll look for it.

We went on a tour of that Cruzan Rum distillery in St Croix a few years ago. It made me a fan of that rum ever since. I like their dark rums best. I've tried several different ones from cheap to expensive and my all time favorite is Mount Gay rum. Made in Barbados. I've never been to Barbados but I would like to go visit.
I have pretty much been on a low alcohol consumption since about last August. I have some health goals I can't accomplish without dropping some lb's and that means almost no booze. Its amazing how that shit sneaks up on you when you aren't in practice.

BKB

Captain
07-03-2015, 10:00 PM
my all time favorite is Mount Gay Well now that explains a lot! :D

Arty
07-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Well now that explains a lot! :D

And that completes your final mission for "advanced master chief shit disturber"

Arty
07-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Haven't tried the Ron Cortez. i'll look for it. We went on a tour of that Cruzan Rum distillery in St Croix a few years ago. It made me a fan of that rum ever since. I like their dark rums best. I've tried several different ones from cheap to expensive and my all time favorite is Mount Gay rum. Made in Barbados. I've never been to Barbados but I would like to go visit. I have pretty much been on a low alcohol consumption since about last August. I have some health goals I can't accomplish without dropping some lb's and that means almost no booze. Its amazing how that shit sneaks up on you when you aren't in practice. BKB
Never tried mount gay. Will have to look for it.
I currently have (amongst a variety of other 4th of July treats) 2 bottles of Cruzan sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 10:12 PM

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Antigua didn't have a rum distillery but they had a pretty fair island lager called Wadadly. I sampled several of those.

BKB

Captain
07-03-2015, 10:19 PM

Thumper
07-04-2015, 07:23 AM
We just did the Mount Gay distillery tour in Barbados a few months ago. Rum is the ONLY thing my sister drinks (Lynn's more of a vodka drinker), but that didn't keep ALL of us from sampling plenty of the fru-fru rum drinks. BTW, the Mount Gay distillery is the longest-standing rum producer in the world. I think they celebrated their 300th anniversary something like 10-15 years ago. (can't remember the persact year)

Captain
07-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Someone here said...
"Here ya go Arty!! Your official Shit Disturber Pin.
I swiped it from another site!! Lol"

See what I did there. Quoted without quoting.

How's that for Shit Disturbing!

Captain
07-04-2015, 08:30 PM
You GOT to be kidding.
Right?

Arty
07-04-2015, 11:05 PM
What the hell ?!? I get my SD badge in one post and that was immediately followed up with an "I'm outta here" post!?

Captain
07-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Now Sunny, you are just being silly now.
Several months ago when you and I got into it over the quote thing I told you some post that are long are confusing if the quote tool is not used.
Bucky has recently stated the same thing.
It's my understanding you don't want to be quoted because someone can search (somehow, not your real name) and see what you wrote.
I just figured out a way of addressing the problem of taking the confusion out of replying on a long thread and at the same time not having your (user) name appear. That way the language cannot be associated with you, but can refresh the reader as to what someone in replying too.
It's more of a work around that helps you and addresses a problem.

Thumper
07-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Ok, this is getting totally goofy now. How can it be attributed to anybody as a quote if there's no name attached? Even if the orig. post gets deleted, nobody on earth would know where the "quote" came from. If the orig. post does NOT get deleted, heck, it's there for the world anydamnway IF somebody even knows what they're looking for in the first place. This phobia just gets wierded and wierder.

BTW, it's really not my kind of music ... I'm an old rocker ... but I can't frigging believe the song that "somebody" posted above has had 218 MILLION YouTube hits! WTF?

No-till Boss
07-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Start a music thread Thump and let's see where that will go !

BarryBobPosthole
07-05-2015, 10:32 AM
218 million and one.

BKB