PDA

View Full Version : Well......I finally made it!

Mrs. Niner
07-03-2015, 05:34 AM
Hello all, I am thrilled to be here!

Nandy gave me a hall pass so I could squeeze through the double secret locked door and I managed to get registered.

I just wanted to say hello and personally send many many thanks for the cards, flowers and prayers. Something you may think is so small actually has a big meaning at a time like this ("living on the edge" has a whole new meaning these days). I know it will just take time and I don't know how much time....Niner and I were married for 31 years, so I'm thinking it will take at least that long.

I had heard that the banner had been changed. Seeing it put such a big smile on my face, and I haven't been inspired to smile much lately. What a great way to honor his memory, but it is also such a tribute to our GH Family. I know from firsthand experience that you find out who your real friends are when the chips are down......thank you all for being there for both of us!

Sorry, I just had to tell you all how I feel, but I'll try to keep it light in future posts (especially since I'm on triple secret probation cause I'm a newbie!).

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2015, 05:49 AM
Welcome to Goodhunting, Mrs Niner.

I was the one responsible for keeping Bill's bloodpressure from getting too low and keeping him straight on his Mr Gingrich! All in good fun, mind you.

And this place wouldn't be here without you and your Bill. He put in a lot of work here to make sure we had a place to visit and that it was safe from hackers. In fact, I think he secretly love playing whack a mole with the Russian hackers.

So pull up a stump and sit at the fire with us!

BKB

Arty
07-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Hey Di'!! Glad to see you here!
Hope you and yours are well.

Thumper
07-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Well ain't that ironic ... Bill's super tight security measures prevented you from logging in! Just one last joke from the jokester! ;)

The next time Lynn and I are in Atlanta, it's going to be really hard to break the habit of thinking, "I wonder what Bill and Di are up to right now?" Next time we pass through, I hope it's during the week and close to your quitting time. Since you'll be close by, maybe we can meet up at the Varsity for old time's sake. I'll eat FOUR Varsity chili dogs! Two for me and two in Bill's honor. How's that? ;)

Seriously, it's great having you drop in and it should be pretty obvious Bill's presence is sorely missed around this place. I hope all is going well for you and some sense of normalcy is returning to your life. I will always remember the both of you as wonderful people, the salt of the earth, and I have a little, blue & green, stained-glass hummingbird hanging right here in front of me, by my office window, as a daily reminder of you both. Come to think of it, ol' Bill was busy wolfing down a Varsity dog as you presented it to us!

Take care Di ... and don't be a stranger around here.

P.S. Dang! I just thought of something. I don't even know if you know who belongs to which monikers around this place. I'm sure you can recognize me from my picture, but some of the others may be harder to figure out, 'cause some of these bozos are kind'a fugly. :D

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Welcome! It's great to have you check-in. Pull up a seat and set a spell.

Buckrub
07-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Well hello. Bill'd be tickled to see you here. We're insane, so please consider most of your visits here sorta like the Sunday School ladies who go visit the nursing home for therapy for them and smile at the senile old coots. The old coots really like that, just remember that! :wink

He meant a lot to us. Thank you for renting him out to us for the time that you did. I can only hope we can repay his work here by giving you at least a tiny bit of comfort.

And........I hope you understand this............but the "Niner Pose" with that turkey.......who knew the deeper meaning it would have on all of us one day? I'd sure like to catch up to him one day.

And if something goes awry, don't blame us.........just remember, it's Bush's fault. :)

Captain
07-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Well this just made my day! Mrs Niner!
I knew last night you had registered and started to "call you out" but I figured you would speak when You were ready!
So glad to see you here. Now we won't loose touch with our Georgia contact!
Don't listen to none of these dudes except me. I'm the brain trust of this outfit... ;)
Oh and don't quote Sunny, she gets her panties in a wad in a hurry when someone does that. And you can quote me on that. :D

DeputyDog
07-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Glad to see you were able to get in!

This is just like a family because we regularly fight and even call each other names, but we all come back sooner than later. It's not a place for the thin skinned.

Don't be afraid to chime in, but a word of warning, some of the people here are just contrarians, and will disagree with whatever is said just for the sake of being different.

Thumper
07-03-2015, 05:53 PM
We're a great crowd ... ya' just gots ta' keep your eye on that Yankee contingent. 'Course, bein' from Georgia, you know what I mean. ;)

Big Skyz
07-03-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm thrilled to see you here Di. I just hope you'll always feel welcome as some of these nut cases have been known to run folks off now and then. Not usually on purpose, mind you, but the end result is the same. If one can get passed that, one realizes they a pretty darn good rag-tag bunch.

Fido
07-04-2015, 08:54 AM
What Troy said! Your Bill and I'd like too think our Bill are special people .

Mrs. Niner
07-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the hearty welcome! I feel at home already.

For those that don’t really know me yet, basically I’m not the “frilly female” type that is afraid to get her hands dirty. I’ve actually out-fished and out-hunted Niner a few times over the years (although I’m sure he wouldn’t tell it!).

I’m looking forward to getting to know you all better—hopefully Sunny will give me some tips along the way. I have admired her from afar for some time now. Not many females can hold their own with this many fellas for this long!

Thumper
07-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Whatever you do ... just DON'T quote her!!!

(Don't ask ... I really don't know.) :crazy

LJ3
07-06-2015, 10:55 AM
...I'm the brain trust of this outfit... ;) ...D

Sweet Baby Jesus!!! Seriously?!?!?!?

Hi Di! I've been on vacation but couldn't be happier about someone joining the campfire. And... Niner was quite happy that you outfished and outhunted him and let us know as much :)

Nandy
07-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Di, Im glad you are finding time to post here. I did not reply to this earlier and please dont take offense. I kinda have a rule of no internet at home while in the weekend (mostly DW rule for me, it dont apply to her, go figure...). Dont be a stranger now!!!

Mrs. Niner
07-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Thanks Len! It’s nice to know that Niner didn’t mind sharing that he enjoyed hunting and fishing with me.
I miss him terribly, so your comment really perked up my day!

Kribbs, thanks for the tip on Sunny! I do hope you and Lynn will stop by for a Varsity dog any time you have a chance to get back to Atlanta.

I’ve met several of you--Thump, Big Sky, Arty and Captain (well, Captain is practically family). I missed meeting Bucky when he and Niner met up, and I’m really sorry I missed out on meeting you! I also missed meeting CD and his little deer slayer by a blink of an eye because they were already in the stand when I arrived at Captain’s to drop Niner off back in November. Haven’t heard much from Bwana yet, but he holds a special place in my heart. Sunny and Posthole, I’ve heard a lot about both you from Niner (all of it good and then some).

I can only hope that at some point, if you’re traveling through that crazy airport here in Atlanta, or driving through in that crazy traffic here in Atlanta, give me a shout and I’ll get a chance to meet the rest of y’all or say hello again to those I’ve met, and maybe treat you to a Varsity hotdog or a cold beer.

Oh, and Nandy, if you offended me, you’d be the first to know (LOL)!
Of course not, after all, I wouldn’t have gotten registered without your help!

Thumper
07-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Quote;

I missed meeting Bucky when he and Niner met up ...

Count your blessings Di ... count your blessings! ;)

Bwana
07-07-2015, 09:26 AM
What a wonderful surprise to see you here Di.

Sorry I haven't piped up before now but spent the weekend camping with family and friends so had to catch up on work yesterday so didn't see this until now. I'm so looking forward to having you here, assuming that you can put up with this offbeat bunch of characters. As you mentioned we are the GH family and we miss our brother Bill but hope you are willing to take his place here at the campfire.

Take care Di and know we are still here for you.