PDA

View Full Version : Man, what a frigging flood!!!!!

Big Muddy
07-05-2015, 01:11 PM
We've got a house-full of teenagers and friends at the lakehouse for the holiday weekend....it has rained nearly the entire time....this morning at daylight, the bottom fell out....5 inches in about 6 hours.
Fortunately, unlike Memorial Day, we have not lost power....but, it is pure h3ll, trying to entertain everybody, while being cooped up inside....they've nearly worn out the pingpong and pool tables.
The MS River was already nearly out of it's banks, before this deluge....no telling what it's gonna do, now, with all this rain down here.

Captain
07-05-2015, 01:19 PM
I'd sell my soul for some of that rain...

Big Muddy
07-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Funny you said that, Cap....our home is only an hour east of here, and I called a buddy earlier, and we've only received a couple of showers over there.

No-till Boss
07-05-2015, 10:05 PM
They got seven and half inches two miles west of me, I only ended up with five !

Buckrub
07-05-2015, 10:06 PM
South Arkansas, especially SW Arkansas, is in major flood and it won't stop raining. Hope QA is ok.........

Big Skyz
07-05-2015, 10:24 PM
It rained here today for the first time in a loooong time. At least I think it's called rain, it's been a while so I'm not sure.

No-till Boss
07-05-2015, 10:30 PM

This is a flood, over the top of my soybeans !

quercus alba
07-05-2015, 10:32 PM
South Arkansas, especially SW Arkansas, is in major flood and it won't stop raining. Hope QA is ok.........

we're good here. I was south of the heavy stuff. My wife is outta town and I'm in charge of flower watering until she gets back so we got just enough.

God is good to me

Cap, I'd send it your way if I could. If you put me in charge of mowing your grass it'd rain twice a week cause of how bad I hate to mow

Captain
07-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Cap, I'd send it your way if I could. If you put me in charge of mowing your grass it'd rain twice a week cause of how bad I hate to mow

You are officially now in charge of mowing.... ;)

Did you get an email from me about the Zoo footage at my buddies house?

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
07-06-2015, 07:25 AM
3 inches in under 2 hours for us yesterday. Scary stuff when you live in the mountains. Local news is showing up to 5 feet covering some roads.

quercus alba
07-06-2015, 01:23 PM
You are officially now in charge of mowing.... ;)

Did you get an email from me about the Zoo footage at my buddies house?

I saw it cap. Show is too edgy for me, makes me nervous as a whore in church. Guess I shouldn't have read "Death in the Long Grass".

I can just think about mowing my yard and get a two inch rain