PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!! Now THAT was one hell of a race!!!!

Thumper
07-06-2015, 02:56 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yes!! Way to go Junior! That's how ya' spank 'em buddy! :thumbsup

If there are ANY of you baseball watching dufes who think you could have watched Daytona tonight and NOT say it was exciting ... well, you'd better schedule yourself a doctor's appointment, 'cause there's definitely something wrong with you! WOW!

And kudos to NASCAR! I can't believe the abuse that catch-fence endured at the finish! Did that thing do it's job or what? Can you imagine what devastation that wreck would have caused in the "old days"?

Dang! I don't believe I'll get a bit of sleep tonight ... my ol' ticker is working overtime after all that excitement! If any'o youse dufes fell asleep after that rain delay and missed it ... just go ahead and shoot yourself right now and get it overwith! It's 3:00 am and I'm ready to party!

Captain
07-06-2015, 04:23 AM
Damn. I did t get to see one lap. Had to go to bed as I need to get up at 4 this morning.... I take it Junebug won. Maybe I'll catch the news this morning before I get started.

Thumper
07-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Hendrick literally kicked some serious ass last night and pretty much dominated the race. Out of 160 laps, Junior led 96 laps/Jimmie, 35 laps & Kahne, 5 laps) What made it fun is Junior showed his skills all night and drove his mirror more than his windshield. He did a great job and reminded me of his dad the whole time I watched him. The funny part is, he was flawless all night and right at the end, the old paranoia kicked in ... he felt a vibration ... the car was getting tight ... etc. His Crew Chief told him the car was fine and not to worry about it ... just go ahead and win the race! ;)

Here's how they crossed the finish line! (typical Daytona finish) Austin's engine was laying in the infield! The only thing left of the car was the cockpit! Thumbs up to NASCAR ... that car would have been in the grandstands without that fence.

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/84hz9w2GlV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2015, 09:24 AM
I went to bed just as they were bringing out the jet driers. Just couldn't hang. Congrats to Junior!

BKB

airbud7
07-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Fell asleep around lap 100 :banghead Watching previews now.....:coffee

airbud7
07-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Nice video Thump!!! Thats all I needed to see :thumbsup

Fido
07-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Could not comprehend how going 190-195 and having the catch fence stopping the car in just a few yards! Went tooo bed a little after 0300!

Thumper
07-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Same here Fido. NBC shut 'er down at 3:00 am sharp ... just in time for the info-mercials to crank up for the night. :(

I'll give 'em credit where credit is due though ... they hung in there through the whole rain delay. They seemed to have some pretty good camera coverage too. I'm not sure where they got that female announcer who was working with Kyle and Dale, but she seemed to hold her own. Looks like NBC may do a decent job from here on out.

Nandy
07-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Ohh, man, I hate that I missed it and....Wait, I dont care for nascar.... about the only southern thing I dont care much for... Carry on, cool video, wonder how many would have die if not for that fence. Oh, the motor going it's separate way was something...