PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lenster, I gots a question.

Thumper
07-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Do you have your auto AND home insured with USAA?

LJ3
07-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Yep, and my bidness insurance as well. Riders for guns and camera equipment too. Best price I've ever had for any of those. Plus, it's USAA.

Thumper
07-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Well, I'm a firm believer in the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I've been with Allstate since I bought my first NEW car when I got out of the military in 1975. (before entering the service, I was on my parent's policy) Anyway, I've had Allstate auto coverage for 40 frigging years. I bought my first house in 1980, so I've had homeowner's AND auto coverage with them for 35 years. I had my business and all company vehicles (5-6 trucks) covered with them for the 20 years I had my business. We've insured Lynn's car through them for the 30+ years we've been together (since June '85). I've had TWO very minor claims in all those years, so I'd consider myself a pretty damn good customer.

When I moved to Florida in 1989, I bought this house and started my business at the same time. I had no clue how things would go with building a business from the ground up, so I didn't want to drag Lynn's credit down with me if things didn't go well and I had to file bankruptcy, etc. (I put the house in my name only in case we lost it)

Well, my Allstate agent has always included the homeowner's/multi-car discount (or whatever they call it) for Lynn's car as her address has been the same as mine for 30+ years, etc. etc. etc. I just got a letter from Allstate saying since Lynn is not on the house title, they're cancelling her "homeowner's" discount which will add approx. $100 to her auto policy. I called my agent and was told, "Sorry, can't do anything about it if she's not on the title."

Ok, now it's "broke" and I'm gonna see if some OTHER agency can "fix it". It ain't the $100 as much as it is principle (NOT that I can't use the $100!) It's time to shop for the first time in 40 frigging years. Allstate? Fuck 'em! (unless I can't beat the coverage we already have, that is)

I guess loyalty doesn't mean squat these days. :pissed

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Count me as another satisfied USAA customer. I've even had a few claims over the years and never heard a peep from them. Great company and their prices are hard to beat.

LJ3
07-06-2015, 12:08 PM
If you have an "Agent", you're paying too much. There is no reason to have another person between you and the execution/maintenance of your policies in this day and age for auto and home insurance. You're just paying his salary.

The USAA price is usually the best around (I researched heavily) and their customer service is among the best in the country.

Mrs. Niner
07-06-2015, 10:22 PM
I had insurance with GEICO since I was 16 and old enough to drive (about a 100 years ago). Absolutely no loyalty in those folks.

I switched about 4 years ago to USAA (yep, GEICO never even noticed which confirmed I made the right move!).
Best customer service I've ever had and much cheaper rates. You can't beat that combination!

Thumper
07-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Looks like Allstate may be doing me a favor by being pricks about it. Maybe I'm long overdue for a change.

Ooops! I just read my 2nd post above. Sorry for the sailor language Di. We're not used to having wimmins around! Well, Sunny maybe, but she's kinda used to it. I never had that problem until I started hanging around LJ. :D

Buckrub
07-06-2015, 11:03 PM
My daughter works for a large insurance call center. She has had several jobs, all similar. This one is still talking to clients who call in, but she can 'sell' them by reinstating their lapsed policies, and that sort of thing, usually by quoting premiums.

She told me, and I pretty much already knew this, that you can't save money by switching IF you have had a claims free record and the record is very long.

When I got the side by side, I went in to State Farm and added it, removed the four wheeler. My agent is a ditz, and his daughter in law is the 'secretary' but does most of the work. She looked at my account online and said "WOW, SIR!!! You have been with us for 43 years! You have EVERY discount that we offer!"

I've tried to find a cheaper price, and no one can come within a 32nd cousin of my premiums. Now, if I had had claims, or tickets, or whatever....I'm sure it'd be different.

But there's no way every company out there can save you money. If they could, all you'd have to do is sign up, then go next door and sign up and drop the first one, then do it again, and again, and pretty soon they'd be paying you!

Thump, I love ya, but I'm having trouble with why you don't see what Allstate did with that? I'm surprised you ever got that discount. Why would you??? Maybe I'm missing something.

No-till Boss
07-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Looks like Allstate may be doing me a favor by being pricks about it. Maybe I'm long overdue for a change.

Ooops! I just read my 2nd post above. Sorry for the sailor language Di. We're not used to having wimmins around! Well, Sunny maybe, but she's kinda used to it. I never had that problem until I started hanging around LJ. :D

Don't apologize for being a man, or the next thing you'll know, you'll be wearing a rainbow shirt ! Compassion will lead you to liberal changes !

BarryBobPosthole
07-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Don't apologize for being a man, or the next thing you'll know, you'll be waering a rainbow shirt ! Compassion will lead you to liberal changes !

And pink pants!
BKB

Mrs. Niner
07-09-2015, 12:47 AM
Don't apologize for being a man, or the next thing you'll know, you'll be wearing a rainbow shirt ! Compassion will lead you to liberal changes !

So, sailor language makes you a man? Yep, one of us is confused!

Captain was right....he is the brains of the outfit.

And, thanks Thump. I disagree that compassion will lead you astray.....but it will certainly gain you much more respect with the wimminfolk.

A little kindness never hurts...even in Arkansas! Ah, there's the problem right there!
Southern Belles are not confused about that definition! LOL! :biggrin

LJ3
07-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Di, I love you <3

Rule #1 about us maroons here. If we're typing something, 99.9999% of the time it's complete sarcasm. The other .0001% Is making fun of each other.

Oh, and you're not allowed to stay on the actual topic of any given post for more than 3 replies, maximum.

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Wait....Captain is the brains of this outfit? I thought Thumper was the brains of this outfit?

BKB

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 10:16 AM
A little kindness never hurts...even in Arkansas! Ah, there's the problem right there!

Was that for me?

??

Captain
07-09-2015, 10:40 AM

I love the way a true Southern Belle can very calmly wind up and bitch slap someone without ever loosing the smile on their face, or raising their voice.
It is true art....

Thumper
07-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Ha ha ha! One thing we know for sure, Cappy has her snowed! ;)

Sumpin' tells me Di will be able to give a few of us a run for our money around this joint! :D

LJ3
07-09-2015, 10:54 AM
I love the way a true Southern Belle can very calmly wind up and bitch slap someone without ever loosing the smile on their face, or raising their voice.
It is true art....

Well bless your little heart, Cap'n.

Thumper
07-09-2015, 10:56 AM
What's that brown stuff on Cappy's nose? :poke

Mrs. Niner
07-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Was that for me???

Of course not! Just injecting a little of that sarcasm that Len mentioned!
Bucky, I wouldn't pick on you like that....., well, not unless you asked for it!

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Guess that threw me. Just wondering what I said that you thought wasn't kind.............

??

Thumper
07-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Your FACE isn't kind (to anyone around you)! ;)

Mrs. Niner
07-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Guess that threw me. Just wondering what I said that you thought wasn't kind.............

??

Not a thing! My apologies for the confusion. ;)

My jab was aimed at the "Don't apologize for being a man" comment. I couldn't just let that one go without saying a little something. :biggrin

Thumper
07-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Sumpin' tells me, ol' Di is already fitting in around here quite nicely. ;)

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Oh.

Sometimes I forget I'm not the only guy here from Arkansas.

And you can be mean to NTB. He won't break!

Nandy
07-09-2015, 04:53 PM
If cappy is the brain of this outfit then I am the freaking face of it!!!! We all know Sunshine is the brain, that is why she comes and goes like she does (and why you cant quote her!! rlmao)...
I vote for kribbs to be the face, that will scare even them Russian spammers....

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 04:59 PM
I just know I'm the butt.

Nandy
07-09-2015, 05:03 PM
I just know I'm the butt.

^^^ :biggrin ^^^

No-till Boss
07-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Oh.

Sometimes I forget I'm not the only guy here from Arkansas.

And you can be mean to NTB. He won't break!

Nor does my opinions change much either ......

Thumper
07-09-2015, 05:28 PM
I vote for kribbs to be the face, that will scare even them Russian spammers....

Ha! Just look at my avatar ... I think I'm downright purty!

Nandy
07-09-2015, 06:36 PM
yeah, I saw you wore make up too... :hair

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Di, I swear, you are a peach!

BKb

Thumper
07-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Georgia peach? ;)

Mrs. Niner
07-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Of course I'm a Georgia Peach darlin' and a natural blonde too! You've been officially cautioned! :swordfight

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Lordy, Lordy, Miss McGordy.

I'll swan!!

Nandy
07-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Sunshine has skip and left you to your own to handle this motley crew, not that you couldnt, but geez, ladies are supposed to stick together and we need all the class we can get, maybe it will rub in..... eventually..... for a while..... maybe in 100 years!!!

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Of course I'm a Georgia Peach darlin' and a natural blonde too! You've been officially cautioned! :swordfight

Oh brother. TWO of 'em!

We've been needing some more ladies around here. Glad to have ya. Soon as Sunshine gets her meter read ( a euphemism for......?) she'll be back.

BKB

BKB