PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful day here, BUT ....

Thumper
07-07-2015, 01:08 PM
... it went to Hell in a handbasket right quick!

Ok, I get up and notice I have an eBay sale. I go to pull the item from my inventory to get it ready to ship, then realize I can't find it. Why? I sold the dang thing last week! Somehow, after I sold it, I accidentally re-listed it for sale. Ok, I write an apology and make a full refund. Then, I notice I have a new feedback listed. I check it out and the guy who bought it last week, gave me a "neutral" feedback "because the item was over-priced!!" WTF? I had three Snap-On sockets that he bought. I had them listed at $12.50 each, but he sent me a note and asked if I'd take $6.00 each. I told him that wouldn't leave me much room, but if he'd go $8.50 each, I'd do the deal. He bought 'em, I shipped 'em (FREE) to Hawaii and he leaves that feedback for me! They retail for $85.45 PLUS shipping. He paid a TOTAL of $25.50 (which included shipping) ... AND, being Snap-On, they're guaranteed for life! To make matters worse, the guy I mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph, had just paid my full asking price for one of those same sockets! ARRRGGGHHHH!

Ok, no biggie, I'll move on. I had a 9:30 dental appointment scheduled this morning. Nothing serious, just routine x-rays, check-up and cleaning (I do it every 6 months). I go in, they take x-rays, the dentist is cleaning my teeth and he says, "Oh, btw, you have a cavity!" It was in a wisdom tooth and was mostly below gum level. He said it really does no good as the wisdom tooth above it has already been pulled ... so it doesn't aid chewing in any way. I asked what he recommended and he said we may as well go ahead and pull it. We've been friends for 25 years (he has a flats boat as well as an off-shore boat) and we go fishing together. He also hunts and goes to Alaska from time to time salmon fishing and/or moose hunting. He said, he doesn't want to see my ugly face back in there anytime soon, so lets go ahead and pull it right now. He said he'll charge me the same as he would for a filling, so why not get rid of it and not have to worry about it anymore? (I have no dental insurance) "Ok doc, whatever you think ... YOU'RE the one who went to dental school, not me." So, my day is going downhill fast and it's barely 10:00 am!

I leave the office and get in my truck, start it and the light comes on the dash telling me it's time for an oil change. Sure, why not ... I don't have anything better to do. About this time, Lynn calls and says, "Oh, I forgot to mention it to you last night, but the light came on on my dash saying it's time for an oil change!

Ok, I'll try to get BOTH of them done this week.

So, I come home and flip on the kitchen light. Nada. I flip the switch a few times and the four 4-foot flourescent bulbs are flickering and barely glowing. Damn! I go into the garage for some new bulbs and figure while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and change all 4 of them. I go through the routine, flip the switch on and ... nada! WTF?? I take the old bulbs I just removed and install them into my fixtures in the garage ... they work fine. It appears my ballast took a dump. Ok, now it's time for a whole new fixture which is gonna be a royal PITA since my back doesn't bend very well and that overhead work is gonna hurt! (Don't even say it, once I figure in the price of a ballast and the work involved, it's easier to replace the whole fixture)

And the day is only HALF over! I should'a stayed in bed this morning! :crybaby

Thumper
07-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Well, that's an improvement. I have my truck at the dealer right now getting the oil changed and tires rotated. I brought a coupon they sent me in the mail for a free tire rotation and my salesman just slipped me a coupon for a free oil change! I told him Lynn's car is due for an oil change also and he handed me another one! I wish the whole day had gone like this! ;)

Bwana
07-07-2015, 02:58 PM
That sounds like the way most of my evenings go. Big plans to tackle Jobs A & B only to have C, D, & E come up unexpectedly which means I only get D & E completed.

I feel your pain Thump but nobody gives me any freebies to make me feel better. :(

Nandy
07-07-2015, 05:09 PM
How does someone leaves such feed back, if it was so high priced then why didnt he bought it where it was cheaper.... You should be able to fight that one with ebay... NOt sure is worth the trouble.

Captain
07-07-2015, 07:32 PM
I go to pull the item from my inventory to get it ready to ship, then realize I can't find it. Why? I sold the dang thing last week! Somehow, after I sold it, I accidentally re-listed it for sale.

Getting old and forgetful ain't you Thumper...
They say memory is the second thing to go!

Thumper
07-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Biteth me Cappy. ;)

Nandy, I've tried that before. The answer was, "feedback is the buyers opinion" ... and I suppose they're entitled to their opinion. I have no clue why he agreed to the price and then bitched about it. In business, you run into people who are impossible to please sometimes.

Nandy
07-07-2015, 09:41 PM
I know, you can give your feed back or answer back, i will state just that, if the price is high why didn't you bout it cheaper...