PDA

View Full Version : She Takes a Stand

BarryBobPosthole
07-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Oklahoma gov to keep Ten Commandments monument on Capitol grounds, report says
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/08/oklahoma-gov-says-ten-commandments-monument-will-stay-on-capitol-grounds/

And the christians are feeling persecuted again. Poor folks.

The town I live in is a good place to raise kids. It has low crime, is basically boring to teenagers, and we have some pretty good folks here. We also have churches on about every street corner and I think that's one of the reasons we have those things. (Its also the reason we have so many banks too but thats another issue for another day. Having lived here for 32 years I can tell you that not one of those churches have erected any monuments that have the ten commandments on them. If they are that important to religious freedom, one would think that they'd be shouting them from the rooftops. Instead, what we have is this tomfoolery.
Religion abounds in my home state. Common sense unfortunately does not. I hope the governor gets what she would demand if anyone outside her own party did this: a contempt of court charge. And I think our Supreme Court has the moxy to do it.

BKB

Thumper
07-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Having lived here for 32 years I can tell you that not one of those churches have erected any monuments that have the ten commandments on them.

I'm assuming you mean on their own church property?

Interesting observation. Churches = "Sleeper Cell SD'ers"?? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Well, the state attorney general's chief argument is that the commandments aren't religious at all, but it is an historical monument.

BKB

Thumper
07-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Ha ha ha ha!! Like THAT will hold up in court.

No Wait!!! ;)