PDA

View Full Version : What is a 'closed thread'??

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Why is "It's Bushs Fault" a closed thread?

And what IS a "closed thread"? This place exists without censorship. That's important here, always has been. So, what's that about?

I was going to answer "If it's so bad, why is Bush the example you give?" But that's not the point. The point is, who closed it and why?

Nandy
07-09-2015, 07:37 PM
I sent barry a note. Im sure he hit the wrong button, I cant see a reason why to close that thread....

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I have no idea of who closed it or why.

BKB

Nandy
07-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Barry get off the bottle, is not Friday yet!!! lol!

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 08:07 PM
I ain't on the Secret Committee, but if we "close threads" I'm gonna bust some heads. That ain't what "we" do. Never have.

Someone confess.

Nandy
07-09-2015, 08:40 PM
bucky, it is very easy to lock a thread if you have admin privileges and reply to a thread from the advanced form, just one click on the wrong option is all it takes. The way I understand it, we have 2 articles in the GoodHunting Forum Constitution, no moderation (self moderation is ok of course) and only banning a standing member as very last resort. As I read, the last one has happen about 3 times. Someone please keep me straight if I am incorrect. So....
No worries, it was not intentional modding... It was more like butt calling with your cell...

Arty
07-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Wasnt me! I'm out of pocket and using forum runner so I wouldn't know how to close one on the forum runner app! Its bush's fault.

Thumper
07-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Who's Sunshine? :confused:

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Who's Sunshine? :confused:

The person who's about to kick you in the ovaries.

BKB

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 09:20 PM
I said "OK, it was a glitch".

I ain't on the Secret Committee, but I do have a vested interest in the history of this place. And locking a thread, ESPECIALLY WHEN POSTHOLE OR THUMP HAVE HAD THE LAST WORD, should be verboten.

Nandy
07-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Geez dude, it was a butt mod, butt call, not intentional, a slip of the finger, operator error, menopause strike, the cat playing with the mouse, too much drinking, not using glasses, room being dark, all of the above but not intentional modding!!!! next topic please....
:chainsaw

Captain
07-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Geez dude, it was a butt mod, butt call, not intentional, a slip of the finger, operator error, menopause strike, the cat playing with the mouse, too much drinking, not using glasses, room being dark, all of the above but not intentional modding!!!! next topic please.... :chainsaw
Amen!

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Y'all need to be more of a dentist. Look in folks mouths for their tongues in their cheeks.

Nandy
07-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Dont say dentist in front of me for some time. I am at work and getting ready to head home with the most horrible tooth ache I have experience ever in my life. NO DENTIST WOULD SEE ME THIS MORNING... The earliest is Thursday.... all my left side is in pain. from my neck to my head. Hippocratic Oath my ass!!! If I cant be seen tomorrow I am going to the regular doctor, Im sure I have an infection on that tooth and he can treat it and guess I will get the tooth taking care of next week...

Thumper
07-10-2015, 06:24 AM
Walking out the door to an estate sale right now and don't have much time, but I couldn't let this go. Nandy, I had a buddy who was in the same boat about 10 or so years ago. He could not get in to see his regular dentist, so I called mine ON HIS DAY OFF to see if he might be able to get him in sooner. He said he'd meet us at the office in a half hour! (he was in his backyard working on his boat) It surprised the hell out of me and I asked him why the urgency. He said a toothache should NEVER be ignored.

I didn't take time to read this article as I'm running late, but you may want to do a net search. I'm out'ta here ... my buddy's waiting for me.

http://bottomlinehealth.com/a-toothache-can-turn-deadly/

Captain
07-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Thump-head is right Nandy. If nothing else go to an urgent care and see if they have a dentist you can see ASAP. That is nothing to play with.

Nandy
07-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys, I ended up at the ER last night. Doc sent me home with penicillin and some pain killers. 12 hours later I was felling a log better and might not need the pain killers. I still have to go to the dentist to get the root cause taken care of but since they seemed so apathetic seems I am changing doctors.

Thanks for y'alls concern.