PDA

View Full Version : Bucky's camping trio

No-till Boss
07-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Bucky is camping somwhere under this....

Chicken Dinner
07-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Ouch!

No-till Boss
07-15-2015, 07:44 PM
That was supposed to be trip, not trio ......ugh !

LJ3
07-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Looks like a trio of supercells so I think you're still good with the typo!

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Hopefully it helped wash off the sweat.

BKB

Captain
07-15-2015, 08:05 PM
I'd give my left arm for that rain. Went by the farm on the way in from the coast and I did not think it was possible but the grass is even drier. I moved cows to different pastures but it looks like I'll be feeding hay in a week. Cows can't live on brown grass...

No-till Boss
07-15-2015, 08:19 PM
I'd give my left arm for that rain. Went by the farm on the way in from the coast and I did not think it was possible but the grass is even drier. I moved goes to different pastures but it looks like I'll be feeding hay in a week. Cows can't live on brown grass...

Being a farmer myself, I've been there and I feel your pain. Seems like we have nothing but extremes anymore.

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2015, 08:22 PM
We just broke about a seven year stretch of that. Hate it when its crunchy in early June.

BKB

Buckrub
07-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Left home it was 98. Got here, 41 miles, it was 77. Easily got set up, rain had let up. Felt great.

Got ac, no water yet.....rain started again. Just sitting here looking out the window, watching the thermometer go down, thinking about life. Which is good.

Either having leftover pulled pork sammich or a chili dog. Both microwave specials. Deal with hooking up water in a bit.

No-till Boss
07-15-2015, 08:37 PM
A chili dog sounds amazing right now .....

Buckrub
07-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Son....my chili dogs are death row worthy...

Buckrub
07-15-2015, 09:16 PM
Lazy me.

Under pressure, commode blowing water everywhere!

My luck. Five days without water!

Had repair guy fix one leak last week. We tested! No leaks!

Now blown up. Some fitting inside toilet water connection. Will have to pull whole commode tomorrow. Not sure what to do then. Over my pay grade.

What a mess......

No-till Boss
07-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Lazy me.

Under pressure, commode blowing water everywhere!

My luck. Five days without water!

Had repair guy fix one leak last week. We tested! No leaks!

Now blown up. Some fitting inside toilet water connection. Will have to pull whole commode tomorrow. Not sure what to do then. Over my pay grade.

What a mess......

Go to the 3 way in Greers, turn left (east) and go to FL Davis, Ace Hardware, they have a counter in the back and they can get you the help you need, if you don't need any, you can get your repairs there too.

Buckrub
07-15-2015, 09:28 PM
I can't even get the piece that's spewing water out.... makes no sense. I'm lost, as usual.

Chicken Dinner
07-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Lazy me. Under pressure, commode blowing water everywhere! My luck. Five days without water! Had repair guy fix one leak last week. We tested! No leaks! Now blown up. Some fitting inside toilet water connection. Will have to pull whole commode tomorrow. Not sure what to do then. Over my pay grade. What a mess......

RVing is starting to sound as owning a boat.

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2015, 09:31 PM
Are you positive you don't just have air in those lines and its causing what you're seeing?

BKB

Buckrub
07-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Yes. It's a tsunami.

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Alcapulco Gold is a sure fire cash crop!

BKB

Captain
07-15-2015, 10:17 PM
I bet all the plumbing is working at the hotels in the area... ;)

Thumper
07-15-2015, 10:21 PM
If it's coming from the toilet itself, can't you just shut the water off at the stopcock and at least have water for sinks, shower, etc?

Sumpin' tells me you froze all the lines this past winter. It could be a case of fixing one leak and another pops up at the next weakest link. This may not be your last leak.

And I know from experience ... campers ARE like boats .... AND Corvettes! I'm with Cappy, never again. :(

Captain
07-15-2015, 10:34 PM
That was my thoughts too Jim. I figure the pipes froze over the winter. Most times they will break at or near a fitting. When they tested after the first fix the other did not show up right away because the camper had not been moved. The process of hauling it and it bumping around made the second hairline crack open up. There could be more but won't know until this second leak is fixed and full pressure is applied again. It is also possible others have a hairline that will open Later after more road trips and bouncing around.

Nandy
07-15-2015, 10:52 PM
Most rv does not have a shut of valve as houses do. I have to install mine after a not so bad but similar situation last camping trip.

bucky, all you can do is cut the water off, find where the leak is and get you a sharkbite shut of valve. Those fit any type conduit but you have to have the correct size. You could just cut the pipe if you can and take it to lowes, mention sharkbite and they know. It will be like $15 but it will save your trip.

Good luck.

PS - If i have to guess it will be the connector or the toilet pump itself that cracked. I really hate to hear about it, you are supposed to be having fun, not stressing out...

Thumper
07-15-2015, 11:12 PM
In a hotel, you just call the front desk and ask for "Maintenance". ;)

Big Muddy
07-16-2015, 12:41 AM
Well, Buckney, if the water is squirting in the right direction, just turn it into a "bidet." ;)

Arty
07-16-2015, 07:08 AM
I bet all the plumbing is working at the hotels in the area... ;)
You don't get the senior pass discount at the hotels like you do at them campgrounds.... Well some of the campgrounds anyway.
:)

Buckrub
07-16-2015, 09:47 AM
No 9 dollar hotels.

Wife's family reunion is not at a hotel.

Have the commode out. Have the broken piece out. Headed back to Moix RV in Conway to see if they have replacement. If not, on to camping world in nlr.

10-7 till police arrest me for going postal.

No-till Boss
07-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Did you try ACE Hardware ?

Thumper
07-16-2015, 10:27 AM
They prolly have the part at the little mom & pop store 2 mi. down the highway. ;)

Booger
07-16-2015, 12:34 PM
I'd give my left arm for that rain. Went by the farm on the way in from the coast and I did not think it was possible but the grass is even drier. I moved cows to different pastures but it looks like I'll be feeding hay in a week. Cows can't live on brown grass...

May have to upgrade myself to senior noticer....... What the fuck is hay? Ain't it brown grass? just sayin......

quercus alba
07-16-2015, 12:46 PM
I noticed that too but just being a junior noticer I didn't feel it was my place to speak up first

Thumper
07-16-2015, 12:55 PM
I did notice that also ... but I'm a city boy and wouldn't know the difference between hay and brown grass anydamnway! ;)

Captain
07-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Bo, the brown grass ain't hay it's dead grass. BIG difference.
You have to cut GREEN grass BEFORE it turns brown to capture the good stuff.
If it turns brown while still growing it's no good at all...
City slickers

Captain
07-16-2015, 12:59 PM
No 9 dollar hotels.
If you think that campsite cost you 9 dollars you are crazy. You got more than a motel room cost in gas this weekend just hunting a part. Not to mention the cost of the trailer, truck, Insurance and TROUBLE.

yellowk9
07-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Yep. It always tickles me when people think they are saving money by buying a camper. Cost of camper, cost of camp fees, cost of tow vehicle, cost of filling gas guzzling tow vehicle with gas, cost of new tires on camper, cost on new parts for camper, cost of visit to hospital due to nervous breakdown from dealing with camper, etc., etc., etc. We do a lot of traveling for BMX races with my two sons. We end up spending quite a few nights in a motel over the course of a year (paid for mostly with credit card rewards). One of our racing families that also travels a lot recently bought a camper to "save money". Cracked me up. He's already bitching about poor gas mileage and needing to upgrade his tow vehicle. I told him how much we spend on hotels so far this year. I ask him how much he thinks he spent. He didn't want to answer ;-) If you like to camp (if you call a camper camping) fine, just say so. Say that's how you like to spend your money. But don't tell me you're "saving money" ;-)

Thumper
07-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's cheaper in the long-run. Not even close. I'd say it's all about the experience. I liked it when I was younger, but it's just too dang much effort nowadays. One advantage the camper had over the hotels, I knew some remote places where no hotel on earth could match the scenery. But it was just too dang much work, effort AND expense.

Arty
07-16-2015, 01:50 PM
If you think that campsite cost you 9 dollars you are crazy. You got more than a motel room cost in gas this weekend just hunting a part. Not to mention the cost of the trailer, truck, Insurance and TROUBLE.

I love camping. We have a modest pop up. Would like one like Bucky has one day.
But camping ain't cheap!

I tell people (who don't camp) that camping is where you spend money like a millionaire to go sleep in the woods like a homeless person.

Bwana
07-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Didn't buy our camper to save money but rather to make memories. Most hotels I've stayed at frowned when we started a campfire, even if it was in their parking lot.

BarryBobPosthole
07-16-2015, 02:14 PM
I used to work with a gal that lived in Arizona, and her and her husband had a Silverstream camper. They've been doing RVing a long time and sounded to me like they had their system down pretty good and didn't have all that many troubles. I know from the sounds of it they had a big time hauling that thing around the West. And I imagine too that Bucky will get his system down with practice.

I could picture us doing it and liking it, but to be honest its one of those deals that would lock you in to doing it often enough that it wouldn't turn into a money pit and I don't want that kind of commitment, at least for now.

BKB

Thumper
07-16-2015, 02:48 PM
I have an uncle who has had campers and motorhomes all his life (that I can remember anyway). He's in his 80's and just bought a new motorhome last year. One'a those big-assed muthas! Did I mention he's in his 80's?

Chicken Dinner
07-16-2015, 03:53 PM
If I make it to my 80's, I'll buy brand spanking new anydamnthing I want.

Nandy
07-16-2015, 03:53 PM
We camp, all the way from tent (we dont anymore) to a Hybrid we have now. I'm still keeping the small pop. Most of the times using an RV "to make a stay" cheaper is not going to work. However, they are other reasons, like I like my 5 star Hybrid and to have that clean comfortable I would have to pay $160 a day. Of course, I could just get one of those $40/$60 a night places but having seen so many shows about the nastiness on those cheap motels I rather pay extra gas and know how clean my camper is vs the hotel.
Plus, yes, campfire is a big plus!

LJ3
07-16-2015, 04:08 PM
I love bofe ends of the spectrum. I love camping and I love going to 5 star hotels in Vegas, Sedona and back to Vegas. Which, as it so happens, I'll be doing in 22 days :rockon :rockon :rockon :wave :rockon :wave :rockon :wave :rockon :wave :rockon:wave :rockon :wave :rockon:wave :rockon :wave :rockon:wave :rockon :wave :rockon:wave :rockon :wave :rockon:wave :rockon :wave :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon

No-till Boss
07-16-2015, 04:58 PM
My grandparents spent 35 winters (in a camper) at Clewiston on Lake Okeechobee. They loved it ! I think a Holiday Inn Express is camping.

Buckrub
07-16-2015, 04:58 PM
I honestly don't care what y'all like. I don't camp cause it's cheap but that's still a plus. I don't fish or hunt cause it's cheaper either. And....I get called lazy but I ain't in a hotel room. I got ac refrigerator microwave bathroom shower oven tv and hot woman. I'm happy so sorry I ain't like all yall. I don't like some of the stuff y'all are into. I like camping....just wish it wasn't so hot and that stuff didn't break.

Like Len, I love hotels too. Be in one in September.

Got the part. Went by house to check on mother, took a shower, too mama to lunch, bought the valve (it was cracked), put it in, put commode back in, turned on water, all seems ok for now. Will keep checking for leaks for for hours.

Was frustrated but it wasn't hard.

Y'all carry on.