PDA

View Full Version : Here's to 41!

BarryBobPosthole
07-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Here's to hoping he recovers from this fall and gets home soon.

91 years old and still goes for it. I've always liked the elder Bush and I like his wife even better. Never cared for his politics, but you have to hand it to him and his administration for how they handled the first gulf war. Mission accomplished, get the fuck out.

I remember once some sporting magazine showed a photo of Bush fishing with a spinning reel only he was holding it upside down. He caught a lot of heat from that. Turns out, he is left handed and thats the way he learned to fish with spinning reels. For some reason, that struck some strange chord with me and I started looking into his life and read sup on some stuff about him. He's a pretty genuine person and the best of the Bushes IMO and is a hero that really hasn't gotten any of the attention he should. I really disapprove of a lot of the people he surrounds himself (and all the Bush politicos), but he certainly knows how to manage things.

His pardon of those involved in Iran Contra was an unabashed slap in the face of every American and its forever a stain on his legacy as president. Kind of like Gerald Ford. But it saved the beloved Ronald Reagan's reputation and his own legacy as president. I don't think that makes him a horrible person though.

So anyway, here's to hoping for a quick recovery!

BKB

Captain
07-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Like!