PDA

View Full Version : Christie

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2015, 10:09 AM
The only candidate, either Rep or Dem, that's made any sense yet on immigration.

And I don't even like this guy.

BKB

Christie immigration plan: Target employers
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/17/politics/chris-christie-illegal-immigration-employers/index.html

LJ3
07-17-2015, 10:17 AM
I agree with you 100%. And feel the same way about Christie.

No-till Boss
07-17-2015, 10:33 AM
This is a common misconception that needs to be addressed .

" But in addition to that, it's exploiting many of those people who are here illegally because they're being paid less money."

All the illegals I know, make more money per hour, mostly because they will show up and work. People in the U.S are too damn lazy to work, most want free medicine, free food, the right to smoke pot and not be offended by a flag.

I'm gonna side with the working man/women, regardless of his citizenship.......

LJ3
07-17-2015, 11:09 AM
My neighborhood is still under construction. I watch the different cultures work at their trade frequently. It's not difficult to see who is there to work hard. Latinos get shit done. Period.

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2015, 01:13 PM
This is a common misconception that needs to be addressed .

" But in addition to that, it's exploiting many of those people who are here illegally because they're being paid less money."

All the illegals I know, make more money per hour, mostly because they will show up and work. People in the U.S are too damn lazy to work, most want free medicine, free food, the right to smoke pot and not be offended by a flag.

I'm gonna side with the working man/women, regardless of his citizenship.......

We're of a kind in that feeling. I built my house in '98, which in Oklahoma was the height of our illegal immigrant influx mainly due to Tyson and other agribusinesses in the region. But almost all of the bricklayers, framers, dry wall hangers and finishers, and rock layers were Mexicans and typically only one or two per crew admitted to knowing English. I got to know them at least on a friendly basis and their stories were almost always the same. Most of them were working here for a year or two, living with a bunch more workers in some old house somewhere, and sending almost every nickel they made back home. Granted, there are a lot of familes that moved here lock stock and barrel but most of them I've met were legal by being anchor babies. Rather than amend the 14th and take away that pathway to citizenship, I think we need to instead make worker visas more available, make them pay taxes and social security like everyone oelse, and let them go home after they've built a nestegg, which is really what most of them are here doing.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Let's be careful here. It's already illegal and employers are subject to fines. Calling for bigger fines is political BS to make it look like they're doing something. How do we like it when someone says we need more gun laws every time there's a mass shooting? I say the answer is enforce the laws we've got before we talk about passing more. The vast majority of the Latino immigrants I see are some of the hardest working folks you'd ever want to meet. I wouldn't want to get something built, grown or cleaned around here without them. I struggle with the fact that they may have come here illegally, but I think most of them would make excellent Americans.

Thumper
07-17-2015, 01:41 PM
We're surrounded by agricuture here. I often drive by the fields and see the Latinos (mostly Mexicans) working their asses off. I drive by the projects in town and see the worthless fucks drawing who knows what kind of aid sitting on the porch doing nothing. I'm not sure why any able bodied person drawing welfare shouldn't be in those fields. But, that's a tired old argument that never seems to go anywhere for some reason. If the Latinos didn't come here to work, the crops would have to be plowed under as there'd be knowbody here to harvest them.

When I managed dealerships in LA, all my "lower tier" jobs were given to Latinos as I just plain could not get anyone else (black/white or young people) who would actually do anything other than avoid work until payday! The Latinos would come to me if things got slow and actually ASK me if I had anything they could do ... while others would find a place to sit down and do nothing. The best employee I ever had was from Guatemala and I actually helped him procure his citizenship while he worked for me. He was the hardest working, most honest and most loyal employee I think I've ever had.

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2015, 01:57 PM
But I thought they wete rapists,
BKB

Thumper
07-17-2015, 02:26 PM
and thieves! ;)

Buckrub
07-17-2015, 03:12 PM
They're not. But one of em sure was.

But they are lawbreakers regardless of how good they are otherwise.

Funny how folks want a guy arrested for shooting a bear, but look the other way on lawbreakers that benefit them. That's hypocritical and there's no other word for it.

Buckrub
07-17-2015, 03:15 PM
And I'll bet you one other thing. Put up your house.

If 100%of these guys came here yelling "We always vote Republican no matter what"......the discussion about them would be way different!

Thumper
07-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Racist

Buckrub
07-17-2015, 03:20 PM
And yes I know 3 employers personally that use illegals. They are staunch conservatives on all but that one thing. They wiggle and squirm but won't admit they are wrong. They are all 3 money whores, simply.

All such employers should be fined a million dollars a day per employee.

Problem solved.

LJ3
Politicist!

Buckrub
No more than every human I've ever known.

Buckrub
07-17-2015, 03:21 PM
And better those than a hypocrite.

No-till Boss
07-17-2015, 08:55 PM
And yes I know 3 employers personally that use illegals. They are staunch conservatives on all but that one thing. They wiggle and squirm but won't admit they are wrong. They are all 3 money whores, simply.

All such employers should be fined a million dollars a day per employee.

Problem solved.

Even IF you're correct, WHO is gonna replace them in the work place ? I can't not get extra help for ANY price . Do you want your friends to fail because they can not find adequate help ?

Example: For years I've hired a 16 year old boy to help out with the summer work, the last 3 summers, no-one wants to work and it's a very easy job....