PDA

View Full Version : Piscotty up by Tuesday

Buckrub
07-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Piscotty to be at 1B on Tuesday. Someone is gone.........I'm guessing Dan Johnson but dunno.

That gives him maybe 10 days to see what he can do...........which will determine if a trade is necessary. I still can't imagine turning down STL native Ryan Howard IF the Phillies will eat his contract.

It also depends on Garcia. He's just hurt once too often. If he can't go full guns, I bet HE gets traded along with tag-alongs Kozma and Bourjous for a pitcher. My problem is, they'll probably do that for a 2nd rate pitcher......... Kozma, Pham, Bourjous all need to go.......and Jay would be trade bait if he wasn't hurt.........d

But they are going to have to figure it out before next year......... Rosenthal, Wacha, Manness, Adams, Wong, and Grichuk are NOT going to all make the minimum much longer!! Either the cap is going sky high next year, or someone is going to go that we ain't happy about.

Big Muddy
07-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Piscotti???....isn't that like an Italian chocolate chip cookie, or something??? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-21-2015, 11:48 AM
He's the flavor of the month, Eddie. Its rare somebody breaks in with really consistent offensive performance. It'd be really cool if he was the catalyst to better offense but the odds are way against him. The best he can do is provide more pop off a bench that is pretty thin offense wise with Jay, Holliday, and Big City hurt and Matt Carpenter playing inconsistently lately. We need some guys back is what we need and I see this as an attempt to add some bench depth.
I like Gruchuk full time in center and the corners are covered. The only place we need help is first and at catcher. We're one play away from a season busting injury. I'd like to see us pick up Russell Martin for catcher and move Yadi to first. Now wouldn't that take care of some stuff!

BKB

Buckrub
07-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Hmmm.

Boy, that one was interesting!!!

LJ3
07-21-2015, 12:50 PM
pisbeammeup?

BarryBobPosthole
07-21-2015, 07:35 PM
I was actually hoping that Martin deal would happen last fall. Its time to move Yadi to first if they're serious about extending his career. it won't happen now of course since The Jays are in it and Martin got a five year deal. The Pirates would be dominating with him in their battery this year. A really good little player. I think he's better than Posey but don't tell that to anybody on any coast.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
07-21-2015, 09:27 PM
That was a big fly!

BKB