PDA

View Full Version : This looks like it might be interesting ...

Thumper
07-22-2015, 10:54 AM
... I'll be hitting an estate sale this week and am a bit intrigued by the lead-in to the listing:

ESTATE of JIMMY CARTER'S AUNT'S LIFE-LONG FRIEND: MARTHA MIXON (Extremely Packed w/ 75 Years Worth!)

I could give a squat about the friend of a friend of a friend part ... I like that part in parenthesis! ;)

airbud7
07-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Thump...you gonna hit that place like a kid at a Chuck E. Cheese.......:walk

Big Muddy
07-22-2015, 11:07 AM
I bet ole Thump heads straight for that ole lady's bathroom, and looks for her razors and dildos. ;)

airbud7
07-22-2015, 11:22 AM
hahahahaha^^^

Thumper
07-24-2015, 06:46 AM
Later dufes ... headed out to this estate sale of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend's aunt's brother-in-law's cousin's neighbor's mother's sister who knew Jimmy Carter!

75 years of accumulated crap excites me! :)

Trav
07-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Later dufes ... headed out to this estate sale of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend's aunt's brother-in-law's cousin's neighbor's mother's sister who knew Jimmy Carter!

75 years of accumulated crap excites me! :). So you are big into colons?

Big Muddy
07-24-2015, 08:36 AM
I bet she's got some of Carter's brother's "Billy Beer"....I heard it's an expensive collector's item, now.
Some un-opened cans on ebay are selling for $50 bucks. ;)

Thumper
07-24-2015, 01:21 PM
I bet she's got some of Carter's brother's "Billy Beer"....I heard it's an expensive collector's item, now.
Some un-opened cans on ebay are selling for $50 bucks. ;)

Ha! I'm not sure which eBay you're talking about, but I gave my Billy Beer to a friend as a gag gift on his b'day because it was basically worthless (cost more to ship than it's worth). You can buy them by the can on The Bay for 99-cents. Here's a whole 6-pack in it's original rings that just sold for $4.50 (the last one that sold)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIX-PACK-OF-BILLY-BEER-IN-ORIGINAL-CARRIER-/331587051771?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d3420e0fb

I do have 4 unopened cans (2 each) of "Billary Beer" and "Dolelightful Beer" (The Beer for the Liberal/Conservative Thinker).

BTW ... that sale was a BUST! Nothing but old lady crap and from the looks of it, she was an old maid all her life who was a borderline hoarder who only shopped at the Dollar Store. It's a crazy weekend though as there are 7 other sales in town. That's a crazy number for this area! We only hit 3 sales (our favorite sellers) and decided to hit the others tomorrow for 1/2 price day.

Big Muddy
07-24-2015, 01:49 PM
I only took a quick glance at ebay, when I thought about the old lady, having some billy beer....this is what popped up....I think the prices might have something to do with which company brewed it and what material the can is made of.

Rare collectible Billy Carter's Billy Beer, Unopened Full Can, TOO OLD TO DRINK.
$49.99
or Best Offer
Free shipping

Thumper
07-24-2015, 01:56 PM
As I've said here many times ... if you want to research prices ... you HAVE to look at what they SOLD for, NOT what they're listed at for sale. I can list a can of Billy Beer for $1,000,000. That doesn't mean it is worth that, OR that it will ever sell. Stick around, I'll teach ya' sumpin'! :D

Thumper
07-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Oh yeah, and I forgot to tell Trav to Bite Me! ;)