PDA

View Full Version : It's time for football, but............

Buckrub
07-23-2015, 04:12 PM
we got basketball news. NOT good news.

One 4* recruit ain't coming.

Two other returning regulars just got arrested...............and not for some weed smoking. No, these jerkwaters were passing bogus $20 bills!!! Counterfeiting!

Mercy me.

Haven't heard how 'coach' is dealing with them, but anything short of revoking scholarships and kicking off team, and I may be done with this bunch.

I can see 105 football players, some of 'em hard to control or watch over. But 13 basketball players??? Geez.

This program has had more drama in the last 15 years than the law allows...........sure is hard on fans.

No-till Boss
07-23-2015, 04:19 PM
Williams just looked like a thug . Hate it about Beard tho, I thought he had some game for a freshaman .

Buckrub
07-23-2015, 04:29 PM
agree. I wish Williams had done this a year ago. He is awful.

Beard can (could) play.

What is wrong with kids? I don't get it.

I still haven't seen a single word come from Anderson about this, though................half the blurbs on the UA website are about Portis, and he is gone.............

course, so are these two......

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2015, 04:33 PM
Man, that sucks a big. Especially with the expectations as high as they were for this coming season. What does this really do though to the Hogs' chances? Did the recruit decommit to go somewhere else?

I'm optimistic for the Sooners this coming year. I think we're just one player having a breakout season from being legitimate consistent winners. That's tough to do. Kansas level I mean.
BKB

quercus alba
07-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Think titanic PH

Buckrub
07-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Man, that sucks a big. Especially with the expectations as high as they were for this coming season. What does this really do though to the Hogs' chances? Did the recruit decommit to go somewhere else?

I'm optimistic for the Sooners this coming year. I think we're just one player having a breakout season from being legitimate consistent winners. That's tough to do. Kansas level I mean.
BKB

Recruit too dumb to get grades. Going to "Spire Academy in Ohio", whatever the heck that is.
http://www.arkansasfight.com/2015/7/22/9017315/ted-kapita-will-not-play-for-the-arkansas-razorbacks-this-year

These kids have apparently been under investigation since May. This is not a one time mistake.
http://www.katv.com/story/29609764/three-university-of-arkansas-basketball-players-arrested-on-forgery-charges

Malik Monk is a senior this year. He's a 'legacy' and probably would have come. Now? Not a chance. I wish him well, he's a great kid.

Hard to be a fan.............right now.......just hard. Just so much, for so long...........

Buckrub
07-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Posty, you need to send me some OU basketball stuff. I need a real team to support. I'm a hog, and football actually is looking up, but this devastates me.......I love college BB. Used to sit at halfcourt of every old SWC Tournament game. When ESPN showed every NCAA tourney game, I tried to watch 'em all. But the hogs? Man.........1994 just lasts SO long with an old man.

quercus alba
07-23-2015, 06:24 PM
I could see another Cory beck in Beard, tough defense, good floor general and could give you a few points. I was looking forward to seeing him grow.

Mike's gonna have to coach his butt off to avoid his first losing season

Buckrub
07-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Stop making me cry.

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2015, 07:09 PM
If You want to watch a team that is just a blast to watch, follow West Virginia a little while. Those couch burners are fun to watch.

BKB

No-till Boss
07-23-2015, 07:25 PM
Wichita State is a well coached team also.

quercus alba
07-23-2015, 08:31 PM
I can't pull for Wichita st after that weasel of a coach whined to the ref to review a play because " there might have been a flagrant foul".

What a baby, hope they lose em all

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2015, 08:39 PM
I'll never forget that plane crash in 1970. UofA used to play them every year in those days.

Bkb