PDA

View Full Version : Bucky

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Oh say can you Ceshek!!!

What do you think of this trade? I thought it was a pretty slick move. This really helps the pen, even though I'm not sure how much better they really NEED to be. But lands sakes, the guy has given up a score once in the last 13 games.

Think they're done?

BKB

Buckrub
07-25-2015, 12:15 PM
No. They MUST be looking for a 1B........surely.

I still think if the Phillies would eat most of Ryan Howard's salary, that's he's a perfect fit to come back home to STL.

Not sure who would want them, but they have trade bait in Kozma, Jay, Bourjous, and honestly even Cruz....and Reynolds if they got Howard.

Bullpen is fine, but the same 3 guys are working every night. Come October, they're gonna be dead armed and hit hard. Need help. Walden will be back soon. Sokolovich and Tui are ok long term, but not Prime Time Players just yet. Cooney would help in bullpen if Garcia ever decides his toenails aren't painful or his hair hurts.

BarryBobPosthole
07-25-2015, 02:14 PM
No. They MUST be looking for a 1B........surely.

I still think if the Phillies would eat most of Ryan Howard's salary, that's he's a perfect fit to come back home to STL.

Not sure who would want them, but they have trade bait in Kozma, Jay, Bourjous, and honestly even Cruz....and Reynolds if they got Howard.

Bullpen is fine, but the same 3 guys are working every night. Come October, they're gonna be dead armed and hit hard. Need help. Walden will be back soon. Sokolovich and Tui are ok long term, but not Prime Time Players just yet. Cooney would help in bullpen if Garcia ever decides his toenails aren't painful or his hair hurts.

What you're saying about dead arms in October is true for every team. Adding this depth is a pretty smart move now. How they played the two weeks before the all star break is indicative of October and they were one wore out team.

I'm not at all worried now about the ptiching side of things. I'm wondering what going to a thirteen man pen is going to do to the bench depth though, which has been a Cardinal weakness since after the 2011 season. I look for Kozma to stay because of hos defensive flexibility and if anyone goes, it'll be an outfielder. We got 1st covered. Lots of thos infielders could cover 1st.

BKB

Buckrub
07-25-2015, 02:52 PM
It ain't the defensive end of 1B that we need. We NEED a bat..........and 1B is the only place to put one.

BarryBobPosthole
07-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Carp and Holliday are finding their stroke and the offense will be fine

BKB

Buckrub
07-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Tell 'Mo that.

Buckrub
07-25-2015, 10:09 PM
IF we live long enough, we will watch those two young pitchers for years to come. That was a baseball game!!!! Shelby was upset, but he showed he'll make a ton of money at this......he's VERY good. So is little Pedro.

Cards keep doing it. Tenacious bulldogs.