PDA

View Full Version : Yuppie Beer Suggestion

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2015, 11:57 PM
A session IPA.

Citra Sunshine Slacker by Evil Twin Brewing. From Connecticut.

Good stuff. Followed it up with only two over my limit of Newcastles.

BKB

Fido
07-25-2015, 09:30 AM
You need tooo try Siberian Night, it's brewed by the Thirsty Dog Brewing Company in Akron, Ohio. It was rated number one in Ohio in a recent poll on the net! Bought a 4 pack too try it, when I poured it in a glass it came out BLACK!!!!

airbud7
07-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Pabst Blue Ribbon....:beer

BarryBobPosthole
07-25-2015, 02:22 PM
I'll look for it Fido. I've had stouts before and they are a little skunky for my taste but I'll give 'em a try. I've been venturing more into the micro world lately and have found some good ones!
I still fart in the general direction of the Sam Adams crowd though.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2015, 02:23 PM
PBR is the beer of choice for hipster millennials. I didn't figure you for that sort...

BarryBobPosthole
07-25-2015, 02:23 PM
AB, I drink a PBR once in a while. I like the Lone Star longnecks too.

BKb

HideHunter
07-25-2015, 05:08 PM
After a 40 year hiatus and for the past couple years.. I am reintroducing myself to beer... I don't like the "bitter" stuff at all. No fruit.. No "light" stuff... Bottles or draught.. Right now.. it's Shiner Bock..

BarryBobPosthole
07-25-2015, 05:13 PM
After a 40 year hiatus and for the past couple years.. I am reintroducing myself to beer... I don't like the "bitter" stuff at all. No fruit.. No "light" stuff... Bottles or draught.. Right now.. it's Shiner Bock..

The goats of the world appreciate your appreciation of their urinary products.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm not usually into fruity beers either. However, I did pick up a mixed Shiner six pack that had a prickly pear beer that was pretty good. So good I picked up another six pack of just the prickly pear.

Thumper
07-25-2015, 06:49 PM
AB, I drink a PBR once in a while. I like the Lone Star longnecks too.

BKb

I didn't know people actually still drank PBR. When in college, Budweiser was my go-to beer. It was only 35-cents back then. Toward the end of the week, my money would start running low and I'd switch to PBR because it was only 30-cents!

I'm more of a Miller Lite guy now ... have never, ever been into the Yuppie beers including the Yuppie micro-brewery stuff. I will say I also liked Lone Star when I lived in Texas and drank a truckload of Corona when I used to spend every other weekend in Mexico. Beer Lao is my favorite when I'm in S.E. Asia. I guess I have pretty simple tastes when it comes to beer.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
07-25-2015, 08:18 PM
I like mine pretty mild too. Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager is what I drink the most. I like a cold Bold Rock Virginia Apple now and then just for nostalgia. It tastes just like my grandfather's home squeezed cider. The first sip brings back memories of crushing and squeezing apples and fighting bees.

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2015, 10:20 PM
I like mine pretty mild too. Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager is what I drink the most. I like a cold Bold Rock Virginia Apple now and then just for nostalgia. It tastes just like my grandfather's home squeezed cider. The first sip brings back memories of crushing and squeezing apples and fighting bees.

In down in Staunton tonight and had a couple of DB Vienna Lagers with dinner tonight. It's been my go-to for the past couple of years.

BarryBobPosthole
07-25-2015, 11:26 PM

I'll look for that next time I'm at the liquor store.

BKb

HideHunter
07-26-2015, 09:43 AM
The goats of the world appreciate your appreciation of their urinary products.

BKB

lol.. Love it.. Al I can say is - you either like the taste of "beer" or you like all that other Kool-Aid infused, ice tea shit. It's kind of like people who say, "I love fish - but I only like walleye and crappie." Tells me you don't like the taste of fish - you like fried breading..

Thumper
07-26-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm guilty of that myownfineself ... I love fish ... as long as it doesn't TASTE like fish!

And what other way is there to prepare ANYTHING other than frying?

YANKEES! I swear .... ;)