PDA

View Full Version : There's Hope

BarryBobPosthole
07-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Maybe Thumper could run on the KFC Party platform of a family meal in every pot!

BKB

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/seven-oklahomans-are-among-the-unknown-presidential-candidates/article_66774712-df12-5419-bb8a-4199f286d1a5.html

Thumper
07-27-2015, 11:34 AM
I'd prefer the Pot Party platform myownfineself!

THEN ... we could put away a bucket or two of KFC! ;)

LJ3
07-27-2015, 11:36 AM
I finally understand why the Electoral College exists.

or at least I think I do.

Or maybe not.

But maybe

Nevermind.

Thumper
07-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Mulewriter knows a guy who got his degree there!

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 12:13 PM
WOW. This is cool. Honestly, I had no idea.

I think Posthole should run. I'd vote for him, but I'd never tell y'all that I did.

BarryBobPosthole
07-27-2015, 12:23 PM
If I were president I'd only allow all branches of government to work on weekends.

That'd fix 99% of the shit right there.

Oh, and I'd move the capitol to Oklahoma where it'd be smack dab in the true center of the country and cultural center of the Universe.

And then I'd......install a Big Green Egg at the White House.

And then I'd rename the White House, the Green House. And I'd grow some good shit in there.

BKB

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 12:34 PM
UM.........early start?

BarryBobPosthole
07-27-2015, 12:36 PM
On what?

BKB

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 12:37 PM
The day. Never mind. Whooosh.

OK, sort of a flimsy platform (size wise) but I'm still voting for you (but in the secret voting booth).

Thumper
07-27-2015, 01:13 PM
President P-hole! Hmmm, has a nice ring to it. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-27-2015, 01:14 PM
I'd sure enough change the way we trade with Columbia!

BKB

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Better a Posthole than a Post Turtle.

airbud7
07-27-2015, 01:20 PM
If I were president I'd only allow all branches of government to work on weekends.

That'd fix 99% of the shit right there.

Oh, and I'd move the capitol to Oklahoma where it'd be smack dab in the true center of the country and cultural center of the Universe.

And then I'd......install a Big Green Egg at the White House.

And then I'd rename the White House, the Green House. And I'd grow some good shit in there.

BKB

Heck Yea^.....I could work in your cabinet....I do have a degree in horticulture.....:thumbsup

Captain
07-27-2015, 02:01 PM
I'd work in his cabinet. I'd be in charge of settling all matters and general Shit-disturbing!
I'd need a raise the first week. :D

BarryBobPosthole
07-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Captain, you'd be my Secretary of the Interior. The second campaign promise is to build public accessible deer stands on all federally owned land in every state.

Then we'll have an auction to lease them for a year and use the proceeds to send every Federal Game Ranger to Charm
School.

BKB

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Speaking of which, and in good GH fashion..............

Arkansas is undergoing a legal shift in the way state game wardens function. Due to recent rulings by the Supreme Court here, Game Wardens have been imposed to operate under the same guidelines as other officers for arresting purposes. E.G., they must have probable cause, and probable cause (according to this one case) is no longer "you have a rifle or a fishing pole in your hands". Hunting or fishing is not illegal, so a GW has to show a logical reason he stopped someone.

I have yet to hear much about it in practice since the ruling, but I don't think fishing GW's are that big a problem anyway. Hunting is a different story. To be honest, their attitude here most of my life has been "You are guilty, so prove to me that you are not". That has spawned some pretty crazy GW's. I've had 4 total run-ins with GW's here in my whole life, and 2 were just great, and 2 were awful.

SO, as soon as bow season starts in late September, I expect to see an uptick in either illegal activity reported because GW's are afraid to stop anyone anymore, or a lot of arrests just to find one that will take it back to the SC and get a different ruling.

And I betcha if Cappy was Sec of Interior, there'd be no more Federal Game Wardens or Rangers!!!

BarryBobPosthole
07-27-2015, 02:23 PM
So does that mean they can't stop you and check your livewell to see if you're over your limit unless they have some demonstrable cause to think you're over?

If so, that's a game changer, and a needed one.

BKB

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 02:25 PM
That's what is being reported. I'm honestly on the fence, and also have little info other than some anecdotal 2nd hand stuff. But the court case that got there was a stop of a felon with a gun, and over the limit of ducks...........and he got off scot free because they only found out those facts AFTER they stopped him.........for eating breakfast around a campfire.

I am anxious to see how it goes. I hate that poachers and criminals are going to probably walk scot free and GW"s are going to do nothing but eat donuts, if this stands.

But, .......

Well, we'll see.

BarryBobPosthole
07-27-2015, 02:31 PM
A PR person that can't be quoted.

You're hired!

BKB

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 05:14 PM
I've been checking my secret sources for last few hours to see if anyone has any info, and nada.........zipped up tight.

Nandy
07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
A PR person that can't be quoted.

You're hired!

BKB

Priceless!

Thumper
07-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Priceless!

That's a good thing ... 'cause that's about what she'd get paid! :D