PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe what I saw out my office window today.....

Mrs. Niner
07-28-2015, 03:03 AM
I work on one of the top floors of one of the very tall buildings in HotLanta. Walked into the conference room today and looked out the window and saw a peregrine falcon sitting on the ledge. Just absolutely amazing. He watched me watch him and I was in awe. Such an incredible creature so close.

There have been newspaper articles in the past about peregrine falcons nesting on the balconies (inaccessible except for maintenance guys crazy enough to do that work) of some of the taller buildings downtown, and I've seen pictures of them. But I never dreamed I'd have a chance for an up close and personal look. Only one thing to say---WOW!

Arty
07-28-2015, 06:51 AM
THAT is very cool!

Fido
07-28-2015, 07:25 AM
That is one awesome critter. In downtown Toledo where I'm from they have a camera focused on their nest. They feed on doves and pigeons.

Thumper
07-28-2015, 08:01 AM
That's super cool! I have to admit, that first pic had me stumped at first. It looked like he was INSIDE looking OUT! It took me a couple minutes to figure out what I was looking at. ;)

Funny "Thump story". Years ago I worked in Beverly Hills and our office building was full of almost nothing but Hollywood agents, production studio offices ... that sort of thing. I was on the 9th floor (10-story building) and everytime I got on the elevator or simply walked down the hallway, I'd be rubbing elbows with people in the intertainment industry (the term movie stars sounds wierd to me, there, the term was "in the biz/business"). Anyway, I dated a gal who worked for Peregrine Studios, and at that time, I had no clue what a perigrine was. I should have gotten the hint as all their letterheads and advertising, etc. had an image of a Peregrine Falcon on them. Duh! Last time I was out there, they'd either relocated or have gone out of business. That was over 30 years ago ... in fact, that's where I met Lynn.

Cards01
07-28-2015, 08:17 AM
that is awesome

HideHunter
07-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Very cool.. Cedar Rapids (Iowa) instituted an "urban" habitat project a number of years ago. Very successful.

DeputyDog
07-28-2015, 11:24 AM
They did the urban nesting thing near me in Fort Wayne several years ago too. They do really well in cities with the tall buildings and all of the pigeons.