PDA

View Full Version : Does this make me a day'um pimp???....

Big Muddy
07-28-2015, 08:33 AM
Sandy is a "ho"....she's been putting on a little weight, and began looking sort of "fluffy", lately....she went into heat back around July 4th....my neighbor, who lives about a mile up the road, has a non-descript shit-eater male dog....I saw him in the yard 3-4 times, and ran him off each time....I finally called my neighbor, and he penned up his dog for the duration.

Evidently, they had already hooked up because I took her to the vet, yesterday, and she is prego....Sandy turned 9 years old, this month, so I'm just going to have here spayed, today.

I guess that's what a pimp does....gotta pay for my ho's upkeep. ;)

Buckrub
07-28-2015, 08:37 AM
When we raised dogs, we had a red cocker spaniel that was a nympho. She didn't NEED to be in heat. She'd find a stud and go rub her butt in his nose. You could tell when she wasn't in yet, cause he'd just turn away in disgust! ha. But she was expensive, and so were her pups, so we'd breed her. We'd always take her over early so she could get 'acquainted'. She drove the poor guys crazy, and they were clearly beat totally down by the time we got her.

But having pups? She didn't care one whit. She'd not nurse, pay 'em no attention. We had to do it all. That dog made us some money, but she was a b#### to deal with (pun intended).

Big Muddy
07-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Just dropped off Sandy the Ho at the vets....I asked to put her into the holding cage, myself....I petted her up real good, but man did she ever more give me the stink eye. ;)

Big Muddy
07-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Sandy is NOT my friend, today....still groggy from the spay surgery....she's trying to walk a little bit, but wobbling around like Phole, after a night of partying on some beach. ;)

Another $200 bucks, but da pimp gotta take care of da ho. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-29-2015, 09:38 AM
I'll have you know I don't wobble one bit! I am an expert at the 'wide walk' which gives great stability in trying times.

Glad the pup is fine, Eddie.

BKB

Buckrub
07-29-2015, 10:50 AM
Good luck with your girl, Ed.

Thumper
07-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Playing devil's advocate here JUST for the sake of argument.

This country has severe penalties for various acts against animals (let's use the blanket term "animal cruelty"). Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting a dog on the same level as a human, but some laws come pretty close to doing just that ... especially with "domesticated" animals.

I remember visiting my grandparents in rural North Carolina as a kid. It was common practice for the locals to shoot any unwanted pups when one of their bitches gave birth. Some of those rednecks would get pretty gross, like tie 'em up in a gunny sack along with a couple'a bricks, then toss 'em in the river! These days, you could go to jail for such acts. I can't say I condone that and to be honest, that sort of thing kinda traumatized me as a kid, but it was a different time, place and culture ... plus I was basically a "city kid".

The way I understand it, Sandy was pregnant and then spayed. Ok, that means she was not only "made sterile" ... but it's obvious there must have been multiple "abortions" involved during that process. Is the fact it's legal make it ok? To some ... a fetus is a living, bonified animal. Right? Where do you draw the line at hypocrisy? Ok, you get where I'm going with this ... silly? Maybe. But if you REALLY think about it ..... :confused:

BarryBobPosthole
07-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Shit disturber^^^^^

BKB

Thumper
07-29-2015, 11:28 AM
:biggrin

Big Muddy
07-29-2015, 01:21 PM
I was advised by my vet to take that course of action....he knows Sandy's capabilities, as well as he knows his own dogs....she's 9 years old, and this is her first pregnancy....carrying full-term could have killed her, at her age.
Even though I joked around with the pimp and ho comments, I can assure you that it was a tremendously difficult decision for me.

Would I have made the same decision, if that had been my wife, under the same circumstances???....absolutely!!!

Thumper
07-29-2015, 01:27 PM
You mean if she were knocked up by the "non-descript shit-eater male neighbor"? :D

JUST KIDDING!!!

I'm out'ta here ... just couldn't pass that one up before leaving! ;)

Big Muddy
07-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Hahaha....now that you mention it, my neighbor DOES resemble his shit-eater dog. ;)

(forgive me, Lord, and bless the pygmies in New Guinea. ;))

Big Skyz
07-29-2015, 03:44 PM
When comes to hunting dogs, especially hound dogs, many still eliminate the unwanted dogs/puppies. The difference is most are smart enough not to brag about it. Most the guys I know or hunt with actually hate that part of owning dogs that are bred for a specific job. In reality the hound owners don't have a lot of choice. Incapable hounds eat just as much as good hounds, but unlike other dogs, hounds generally don't make for good pets.

BarryBobPosthole
07-29-2015, 03:50 PM
It can seem very inhumane. Most times with bird dogs, they don't display the bad qualities until they start getting some training. That's when a lot of them get shot.
There's livestock, and then there's pets. Folks view dogs very differently. i tend to be more like Eddie in that respect. I could put one down (and have), but it'd have to be for a damn better reason than they wouldn't point.

BKB