PDA

View Full Version : Deflate the balls...cheat knowingly...win Super Bowl

Buckrub
07-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Then destroy evidence, sit out four games....

Small price for a super bowl and mvp.

Next?

LJ3
07-28-2015, 03:52 PM
You left out the shoe in for the HOF!

Big Muddy
07-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Throwing away his cellphone on the day he was to testify, looked really bad....I've lost a little respect for him....he'll still get in the HOF on the first vote....imho, Pete Rose didn't do anything any worse than Brady.

Buckrub
07-28-2015, 05:02 PM
You left out the shoe in for the HOF!

You mean like him.........and Ray Lewis???

And Pete doesn't get in???

You mean like that??

Thumper
07-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Tell me again why you dufes watch that crap? :confused:

Buckrub
07-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Because I enjoy it.

Why do you watch Nascar?

Thumper
07-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Because you hate it. ;)

Buckrub
07-28-2015, 08:32 PM
My reason is much better, I'd say.

LJ3
07-29-2015, 09:21 AM
You mean like him.........and Ray Lewis???

And Pete doesn't get in???

You mean like that??

Yes :D

BarryBobPosthole
07-29-2015, 09:46 AM
Much ado about nothing. Most NFL QBs that I've heard talk about it talk as if every QBbreaks in game balls to their preference. It might be scuffing them, or it might be something else. Brady did screw up by destroying that phone, but then again the NFL would not have had access to it to begin with.
The NFL is the most sensitive organization you can name to political correctness. And when they make a decision that is so obviously about political correctness, the people who bitch the most about PC rules jump on their bandwagon. Kind of goes to show you why PC is what it is.

BKB

DeputyDog
07-29-2015, 10:11 AM
If it's not a big deal, then the NFL should remove the rules on inflation range of balls from the rule book. If it's still in there and they broke it, they are cheaters, at least that's part of the argument I always here about the difference between Pete Rose and the PED users, gambling was against the rules, PED's weren't at the time.

BarryBobPosthole
07-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Well, there are rules concerning the air pressure in footballs. There is also a rule in baseball that requires you to step on second base while making a force out at second but it routinely gets called when nobody is close to touching it. There are also rules that you can't travel with the ball in basketball but we see players run a half marathon without dribbling and it doesn't get called. There are rules you can't drive over the speed limit but everyone knows you're allowed seven over and if you get a ticket for going two or three over, chances are the officer is being a prick. There's a rule in the NFL that says you can't use leverage, that is pushing or pulling, on a teammate on kicking plays but it NEVER gets called and teams actually obviously practice those plays.
This is one of those rules that has leeway, like a bunch more rules you can think of. Sure, you can be a black and white guy if you want but the bottom line is, selective enforcement of these kinds of rules is nitpicky and not fair in the grand scheme of things.
Gambling by professional athletes is a big no-no especially when you gamble on your own team while you're participating in the game. Tell me if you had $20k on a game you're playing in and its bottom of the ninth and the ball finds you (as it always does in baseball) for the last out and you make an error or make the play just a millisecond slower than you normally do. Is there anyone in the world who could say with 100% certainty that you didn't intentionally muff that play?
Besides, he not only broke the rule, but he also lied about it. Not once, but many times, and each time to cover up the fact he did it. Rose is in the same box with the Blacksox players IMO. (Although I'm dubious as to whether
Shoeless Joe Jackson was one of them that did it).
BKB

Thumper
07-29-2015, 10:28 AM
I can end the argument right now ... if balls are deflated to make them easier to catch ... wouldn't that also make it easier for the OTHER team to make an interception? One cancels the other. Case closed! :D

BarryBobPosthole
07-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Its to make them easier to THROW pUmPhEad.

BKB

No-till Boss
07-29-2015, 10:43 AM
If the paid Refs can't figure it out DURING the game when they handle the ball on every damn play........then it's a non-issue ! So stupid ! I'm not a Pat's fan or a Brady fan, but he's clearly getting fucked here by the way it was handled .

Buckrub
07-29-2015, 10:45 AM
This from a man who demands Pete Rose be forever banned because he broke rules..........and a man who wants a guy who shot a bear in his yard to validly be fined.

Hypocrisy.

No-till Boss
07-29-2015, 11:04 AM
This from a man who demands Pete Rose be forever banned because he broke rules..........and a man who wants a guy who shot a bear in his yard to validly be fined.

Hypocrisy.

I have no idea if Brady broke any rules or not. The fact that it wasn't caught , or a issue DURING the game, makes it a moot point. JMO

Buckrub
07-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Glad you have no idea.

The NFL Commissioner is convinced.

Case closed.

And according to your logic, every rapist and murderer could only be convicted if caught IN THE ACT.

Silliness.

Thumper
07-29-2015, 11:18 AM
Its to make them easier to THROW pUmPhEad.

BKB

Oh.

No-till Boss
07-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Glad you have no idea.

The NFL Commissioner is convinced.

Case closed.

And according to your logic, every rapist and murderer could only be convicted if caught IN THE ACT.

Silliness.

You've went brain dead. If the cops were standing there watching, then I'm sure the rapist would be caught. Case in point, it's the Ref's fault for not catching it, they were THERE..... period !

No-till Boss
07-29-2015, 04:34 PM
http://cnet.co/1D9LKMc

Buckrub
07-29-2015, 04:36 PM
I've gone brain dead........not I've went brain dead.

Sheesh. Where'd you go to school? Jonesboro High?

And neither is right. The correct statement is "I've BEEN brain dead".

No-till Boss
07-29-2015, 04:38 PM
I've gone brain dead........not I've went brain dead.

Sheesh. Where'd you go to school? Jonesboro High?

And neither is right. The correct statement is "I've BEEN brain dead".

ASU too .....

Buckrub
07-29-2015, 04:39 PM
Well there you go, then.

BarryBobPosthole
07-29-2015, 04:46 PM
Here's what happens when you play with shiny balls and have little lady hands.

BKB

http://youtu.be/z56vLyOVBZ4

Big Muddy
07-30-2015, 01:22 PM

BarryBobPosthole
07-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Strangely, I am on No Till's side in this one.

BKB

No-till Boss
07-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Strangely, I am on No Till's side in this one.

BKB

Which I hope doesn't make me wrong. LOL

But we either have game police or we don't. I would agree 100% with Brady's 4 game suspension IF the Refs were suspended for a YEAR !

BarryBobPosthole
07-30-2015, 04:35 PM
Which I hope doesn't make me wrong. LOL

But we either have game police or we don't. I would agree 100% with Brady's 4 game suspension IF the Refs were suspended for a YEAR !

The sun shone brightly on you. If only for a moment.

BKb

No-till Boss
07-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Sometimes you have to take your win such as it is ...... lol