View Full Version : Lions Kilt

BarryBobPosthole
07-31-2015, 10:48 PM

No-till Boss
07-31-2015, 10:54 PM
That's funny......

quercus alba
07-31-2015, 11:17 PM
Actually it's kinda sad. I miss the days where Barry Sanders would cut back and break the ankles of the LB's

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Dentist is catching holy heck.

If he'd just come out and say he's gay, his troubles would be over, I bet.

airbud7
08-01-2015, 02:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VffX2KQ.gif

Those lions are tough

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Some days it just don't pay to be white, man.................

airbud7
08-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Your wits are quick today Bucky...Is there a secret we should know about?...You get some last night/this morning?...:beer

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Just my normal quick wittiness, bro............

Thumper
08-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Ha ha ha! We have two cats that look persactly like those two! I stole that video and texted it to Lynn. How bad is that, I'm upstairs in my office and she's downstairs watching tv in the den. Good old technology saved me a few steps. ;)

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 05:57 PM
"We" used to have one like the gray one too. It's name was J. Barrington Smedley, and it drank antifreeze and died.

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 05:58 PM
hoax.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/researcher-in-zimbabwe-doubts-report-of-2nd-lion-killing/ar-BBljNAA

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Well good grief.

How in the world would they know it's his brother??? They do DNA on every lion in Kenya? They keep dozens in some pen (which would be awful in itself?)

By the way, who is this "Cecil" anyway, and why wasn't he allowed to roam free? Who kept him up? Who put a danged collar on him?

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 06:17 PM
This danged lion has a collar too!

Good grief!

We're berating the wrong folks! 400 lions are killed legally every year in Africa. They are all (till now) free range animals. Now we find that folks are penning 'em up and collaring 'em and I don't know what all. 13 million babies are killed every year, and we're freaking out over a flipping CAT!!

Thumper
08-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Dang, this is where things get complicated not being able to use the quotes function. This is for you Sunny.

We have a Smokey also. We just rescued him a few months ago. Someone drove into a BBQ joint parking lot, dumped him out and took off. (according to a waitress there) We stopped for a sammich a couple days later and of course, ended up bringing him home with us. He was living in the wood pile beside the BBQ place right next to the smoker. Of course he smelled like smoke and it took a week or more for the smell to go away. Due to his color and what he smelled like when we "acquired" him, we HAD to name him Smokey. I had just emptied the shredder in my office and had a large grocery bag of shredded paper ready for the recycle bin. I went to use the restroom and when I came back in my office, ol' Smokey had had a field day and I had shredded paper all over the office floor! He was so tired he crawled into a big water bowl we'd just received from Amazon.com and curled up with that "who me?" look on his face. I was pissed but it didn't really faze him in the least ... I was scolding him in the first pic, but he just curled up and decided to take a nap in the bowl! ;)

5274 5275

The two that I was reminded of in the above video is GG (Grey Ghost) and Duke (also both rescues). GG has her own adirondack chair and bed pillow on the front porch where she spends her days. She and Duke (the black & white one) are buddies.

I was sorting a pile of old bills from a box and was planning to shred them, then empty the shredder into the bag. Of course Duke had a better idea and figured the bag would be a nice place to take a nap.

airbud7
08-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Hahaha^...Ole Thump has a soft heart after all...Me too...

Thumper
08-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Awww, we've rescued a bazillion of 'em ... but we always get stuck with the losers we can't find homes for. Of course if we don't adopt one out immediately, they become family and we HAVE to keep 'em. I don't even know how many we have right now ... 7 or 8 maybe?

Thumper
08-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Just counted 7 ... GG, Duke, Smokey, Mimi, Bandit, Tiger and Mini-Mouse. :banghead

No-till Boss
08-01-2015, 08:06 PM
What I find most offensive is a lion named Cecil .......

Thumper
08-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I was 13 when the movie "Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion" came out. The real bitch of it was .... my middle name is CLARENCE! I had to put up with a lot of shit in school that year! :pissed

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BcvMPOtYL._SY445_.jpg

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is120/clarencethecrosseyedliocd7.248.jpg