PDA

View Full Version : The lions brother has now been shot too.

Sunshine
08-01-2015, 04:09 PM
https://gma.yahoo.com/cecil-lions-brother-jericho-shot-killed-says-zimbabwe-184520985--abc-news-topstories.html

airbud7
08-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Killed by a Poacher or Legal Hunter?

And I Quote

"I hired several professional guides and they secured all proper permits," Palmer said in his statement. "To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted."

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 05:19 PM
The Lion's brother.

me.....me.......

You know, it would have been much more tear jerky to say his Mother.

As if they know. Lions are a bit promiscuous I've heard............

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 06:01 PM
hoax.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/researcher-in-zimbabwe-doubts-report-of-2nd-lion-killing/ar-BBljNAA

and i'll tell you what, Sunny. I came DANG close to quoting you so you'd know.........if you are gonna post hoaxes, and made up stuff without checking it out, next time I will quote you. I'm not upset, but you can't do that, no one can............and anyone that posts made up stuff without bothering to check it out, I will quote them. If it's me that does it, I'll cut my own finger off. I hate that stuff.

airbud7
08-01-2015, 06:27 PM

Yahoo?...The chocolate drink?...Next time use Google....

Thumper
08-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Ooooooo, I'd say that rates right up there with a quote airbud! :hair

(sneaky ... but you're pushing the envelope!) ;)

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Yeah.........we've digressed in America to the point that we call Yahoo a 'news source'...........

Arty
08-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Ooooooo, I'd say that rates right up there with a quote airbud! :hair (sneaky ... but you're pushing the envelope!) ;) that may rate WORSE than a quote.

Sunshine
08-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Airbud you are a real F'ing Asshole ( here's my $1.00 ahead of the rest), son-of-a-bitch, dick head, arrogant Fucker!
I just ask one thing, of this board!! Just one F'ing thing!!!

I'm done with this shit!

Thumper
08-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Bucky quote;

hoax, and i'll tell you what, Sunny. I came DANG close to quoting you so you'd know.........if you are gonna post hoaxes, and made up stuff without checking it out, next time I will quote you. I'm not upset, but you can't do that, no one can............and anyone that posts made up stuff without bothering to check it out, I will quote them. If it's me that does it, I'll cut my own finger off. I hate that stuff.

Yeah.........we've digressed in America to the point that we call Yahoo a 'news source'...........

Ummm, maybe you should read a bit closer Buckster, I think you're a bit overzealous with your criticism there. The report Sunny posted was from ABC News and she just read it through Yahoo, even so, they said there were conflicting reports they were trying to clarify. I'm not sure why the heavy-handedness was needed here. Even YOUR source doesn't give anything difinitive ... it just says they DOUBT the story is accurate and make the same statement about the collar that was mentioned in Sunny's story. I think a couple people need to take a chill pill here.

From Sunny's initial post: (this is under the photo)

Cecil the Lion's 'Brother,' Jericho, Reported Dead in Zimbabwe (ABC News)

And this is in the article:

The Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force, which is not an official government agency, told ABC News Jericho was shot and killed today at Hwange National Park.

However, a lion researcher told the Associated Press that Jericho's satellite collar has been sending normal signals indicating he is moving around.

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 07:59 PM
OK I'm sorry.

This stupid lion thing is on my last nerve.........sorry.

No-till Boss
08-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Best rant ever Sunny ! I'll pay your jar money !

Thumper
08-01-2015, 08:11 PM
My teeth were clinched and my eyes were closed tight ... I KNEW it was coming! :hair

Captain
08-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Wow....
That was predictable, but stronger than I thought.

airbud7
08-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Airbud you are a real F'ing Asshole ( here's my $1.00 ahead of the rest), son-of-a-bitch, dick head, arrogant Fucker!
I just ask one thing, of this board!! Just one F'ing thing!!!

I'm done with this shit!

Sorry Guys...I love this forum and everyone on it....But This is Wrong^

AirBud Out....

Thumper
08-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the club Airbud. We've all been there ... some more than once! ;)

Captain
08-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Don't step out Airbud. We have all been on that end of the deal.
It's a burden we must all carry. :-)
Beside I need some good SC backup from time to time.

BarryBobPosthole
08-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Shane! come back, Shane!

BKB

Arty
08-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Sorry Guys...I love this forum and everyone on it....But This is Wrong^ AirBud Out....

You ain't the first. And you ain't the last.

Once she re-wraps the tin foil around her head she will be back.

Buckrub
08-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Well, there are those that are glad Cecil is dead.

Because........

Zebra Lives Matter!!!

Captain
08-01-2015, 11:39 PM

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Was just reading another article on this...........there were a lot of folks who sincerely are advocating killing this dentist.

He killed an animal, and they go beserk. Then they advocate killing him instead.

What is wrong with these people? Seriously, where did their values get so insanely skewed???

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 08:34 AM
I thought you weren't going to read any more about this until the world stopped performing abortions.

And speaking of, I've probably seen that internet meme a dozen times and since then, the same people who posted it are the main people that seem to be posting lion memes now.

Thanks for the meme-ories?

Not.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 08:43 AM
???

I am going to admit ignorance. I am sorry.

I have heard the word over and over, since Famous Jameis. But I have no real idea what a meme is.

And I don't know what you are talking about, sorry.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Repeat after me ... GOOGLE. ;)

1) An Internet meme is an activity, concept, catchphrase or piece of media which spreads, often as mimicry, from person to person via the Internet.

2) A meme is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture". An Internet meme may take the form of an image, hyperlink, video, picture, website, or hashtag. It may be just a word or phrase, including an intentional misspelling.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Repeat after me.

Curmudgeon.

And that is fairly meaningless to me, sorry. Sounds like gobbledygook.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 08:59 AM
This is a meme. And almost word for word what you posted the other day. It was one of the more common ones out there regarding the lion. They are common on the internet and regardless of their logic, they seem to replace original thought in many cases.
Some are clever, most are not.
BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 09:05 AM
So.........I'm a bit confused.
Because you have labeled it a meme, it's not valid????

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 09:05 AM
This gal with the dreads is everyone's favorite to use in conservative memes. I don't think a week goes by that I don't see her representing something that indicates vast social decay in our society.

BUt you can tell by her appearance that she needs to be kilt.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Purty much.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 09:07 AM
I see.

Big Muddy
08-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Bucky, here's the way to keep yo azz off the hook....ALWAYS preface all your "meme" posts with, "I got this in an email, so it's prolly bullsheeit." ;)

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 09:33 AM
OK thanks. But what if I didn't?

Just seems ........ I don't know the right word..... to say that if someone writes original words that those are valid, but if someone smarter than me writes those words, and they make sense,.......... or if someone makes a pictorial expression that makes sense......that we can't use that one, because.......well, just because, I guess.

???

OH well. I'll remember your method.

DeputyDog
08-03-2015, 09:50 AM
I'll submit that "curmudgeon" is now a Goodhunting meme and therefore can no longer be validly used. :stirthepot

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 09:58 AM
OK thanks. But what if I didn't?

Just seems ........ I don't know the right word..... to say that if someone writes original words that those are valid, but if someone smarter than me writes those words, and they make sense,.......... or if someone makes a pictorial expression that makes sense......that we can't use that one, because.......well, just because, I guess.

???

OH well. I'll remember your method.

So you think it is logical to say that anyone who got upset over the killing of the lion thinks that is more important than abolishing abortion? I guess you could say that literally about anything we discuss. So if you bring up gun control, I can just say "how can you even TALK about this when billions of babies are being killed? "

I don't question your beliefs or your convictions about them. But now you are judging what others' values are and judging them based on doodly squat.
And judging what a person's thoughts on abortion are by what they think of some lion getting kiled by a hunter is just plain illogical. At least in this universe it is.

But carry on. Your universe is yours and mine is mine.

Most mems that I've seen are pretty much along this same line.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 10:03 AM
These two are related by 'killing' as a common theme. So yes, I can validly connect those.

I don't connect that to gun control, I see no common theme.

But you are welcome to disbelieve whatever you want.

and the girl is immaterial. Unless the picture is funny, or eye catching, the picture is immaterial. It's the message. And yes, I have gotten ticked off to the max over this lion thing. I think it may help to end big game hunting, which is sad, and it also seem silly to worry about killing a cat when 13 million babies are killed. TO me, that's logical. If not to you, then that's your universe. I wonder what SCI is thinking about all this.

And more, I wonder why it's ok to collar a danged free range wild African animal, and THAT is ok, but killing him is not. If Zimbabwe doesn't want their collared lions killed then A) don't sell (for big bucks) lion tags, and B) put the danged collared animal in a pen.

And if that sentiment is against your realm of reality, I apologize. But it's mine.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 10:04 AM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg88/ozardofwiz/cecil.jpg

DeputyDog
08-03-2015, 10:08 AM
So you think it is logical to say that anyone who got upset over the killing of the lion thinks that is more important than abolishing abortion? I guess you could say that literally about anything we discuss. So if you bring up gun control, I can just say "how can you even TALK about this when billions of babies are being killed? "

I don't question your beliefs or your convictions about them. But now you are judging what others' values are and judging them based on doodly squat.
And judging what a person's thoughts on abortion are by what they think of some lion getting kiled by a hunter is just plain illogical. At least in this universe it is.

But carry on. Your universe is yours and mine is mine.

Most mems that I've seen are pretty much along this same line.

BKB

I believe he meant that a lot of the people who are expressing outrage over the killing of an innocent animal are the same people who staunchly defend people for killing their babies and see no problem with that.

Maybe it's just because the lion was named and the aborted babies haven't been.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 10:10 AM
I believe he meant that a lot of the people who are expressing outrage over the killing of an innocent animal are the same people who staunchly defend people for killing their babies and see no problem with that.

Maybe it's just because the lion was named and the aborted babies haven't been.

That's exactly what I meant.

And thank you for saying better than I can, what I mean! (That's why I quote folks' comments that I find that are meaningful, right there!)

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 10:25 AM
And that's even more illogical. You've taken two totally separate issues and tied them together to fit your own model of what the world is like.

And it wasn't even your own original thought.

And I never said I was against or for the killing of the lion or not.

Maybe its irony that people who don't want you to say 'fuck' in polite company will at the same time propose proposterous ideas in the same company with a straight face. Which of those two expressions is more insulting?

And that's how you tie two separate things together to make it sound logical, when in reality they aren't connected at all.

BKB

LJ3
08-03-2015, 10:34 AM

DeputyDog
08-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Seriously? Are you just trying for an argument or are you serious?

How can any human being hold the lives of animals above the lives of other human beings? It's a valid observation. Look at some of the responses to this online. People are actually calling for that dentist to be killed because he killed some lion. They obviously value the life of that lion more than they do the live of that dentist which is a fellow human being.

I'd also argue that you can tie in the gun control argument with abortion as well. Remember Sandy Hook? Take a look back at the politicians who were the most adamant about stricter gun laws after that tragedy. I'd bet a large majority of them are also pro-abortion, so in their view, the killing of 20 young children is a worse tragedy than the killing of over 1 million children every year by abortion in this country. The only difference is it wasn't their mothers that "chose" to kill them, and abortions aren't done with those "evil guns".

Thumper
08-03-2015, 10:42 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/ovsbk.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 10:44 AM

Another fine example of meme logic.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Seriously? Are you just trying for an argument or are you serious?

How can any human being hold the lives of animals above the lives of other human beings? It's a valid observation. Look at some of the responses to this online. People are actually calling for that dentist to be killed because he killed some lion. They obviously value the life of that lion more than they do the live of that dentist which is a fellow human being.

I'd also argue that you can tie in the gun control argument with abortion as well. Remember Sandy Hook? Take a look back at the politicians who were the most adamant about stricter gun laws after that tragedy. I'd bet a large majority of them are also pro-abortion, so in their view, the killing of 20 young children is a worse tragedy than the killing of over 1 million children every year by abortion in this country. The only difference is it wasn't their mothers that "chose" to kill them, and abortions aren't done with those "evil guns".

I don't, plain and simple. I never said that, and neither did anyone else. YOU created that 'fact' out of the obviously very thin air that you breathe.

BKB

DeputyDog
08-03-2015, 10:49 AM
I don't, plain and simple. I never said that, and neither did anyone else. YOU created that 'fact' out of the obviously very thin air that you breathe.

BKB

Well, this has gone like most of your arguments around here. First you get dismissive of other's views, then you get insulting. I'm done with this one.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 11:01 AM
And don't forget the part about anyone who diagrees with you is 'dismissive'.

I never said one fucking word about your views on abortion or your views on this fucking lion. this is about internet memes for chrissakes.

BKB

Captain
08-03-2015, 11:12 AM

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 11:12 AM
And that's even more illogical. You've taken two totally separate issues and tied them together to fit your own model of what the world is like.

And it wasn't even your own original thought.

And I never said I was against or for the killing of the lion or not.

Maybe its irony that people who don't want you to say 'fuck' in polite company will at the same time propose proposterous ideas in the same company with a straight face. Which of those two expressions is more insulting?

And that's how you tie two separate things together to make it sound logical, when in reality they aren't connected at all.

BKB

I sincerely do not believe it is illogical. In fact, it is highly logical to me. I consider those who value animal lives over human lives to be ignorant, elitist, misinformed, obnoxious, and just plain wrong. That is the epitome of logic to me.

And you have no idea whatsoever whether that was my original thought or not. The very idea of telling me that I can't quote someone who is better at stating what I ALREADY THOUGHT than I am, is absurd.

Your arguments here are without merit, IMHO, and I couldn't disagree more.

Hombre
08-03-2015, 11:25 AM
My favorite one I've seen so far is the poster that says "I love you almost as much as that lion I never knew about until just yesterday."

Captain
08-03-2015, 11:30 AM

Hombre
08-03-2015, 11:33 AM
LOL - Yep that's the one.

Big Muddy
08-03-2015, 02:38 PM
I heard Cecil is gonna get a REAL f**ing. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 02:42 PM
I sincerely do not believe it is illogical. In fact, it is highly logical to me. I consider those who value animal lives over human lives to be ignorant, elitist, misinformed, obnoxious, and just plain wrong. That is the epitome of logic to me.

And you have no idea whatsoever whether that was my original thought or not. The very idea of telling me that I can't quote someone who is better at stating what I ALREADY THOUGHT than I am, is absurd.

Your arguments here are without merit, IMHO, and I couldn't disagree more.

And so it is. I don't value animal lives more than I value human ones. GOT THAT?

But I do believe that it is possible to abhor abortion (I do), and still think this asshole dentist has hurt the cause of hunters and hunting and sincerely wish he'd tried to go find himself a lion to shoot in the daylight and without having to lure him out of a national park. Its really fucking possible to believe both of those things at the same time. And when you post some fucking meme you read on the internet accusing me of valuing animal life over human just because I think that way is insulting and 'dismissive' of my views.

Now I will stop persecuting you for your christian beliefs, because I know you are put upon all the time, and you can go on about your business and I'll go about mine.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 03:07 PM
The story has hurt the cause of hunters. I don't know if the hunter has or not.

I do not mean to dismiss your views. I do reserve the right to disagree with them, sometimes vehemently. That's just me. But I never used "Christian" in any of this, btw.

And if this is about internet Memes, then I still stand by my contention that I don't care who says a phrase, or what picture is attached to it, or what the source of it is, just because it's on the internet does not make it true, and does NOT make it false, either. Such a 'meme' (which is one stupid word, IMHO) can very well be with high merit. If you don't like that, I can't help it, but it's true. Dismissive..........that's what you are doing by the fact that it came a) in an email, b) over the internet (like your bank balance, btw), or c)in a 'meme'. So I don't see the difference.

I am trying harder than ever to have discussions with you, but I am not going to agree with you or back off calling you out for things that make no sense (to me). Sorry. You are welcome to do the same.

NO one said YOU valued animal life over human life (at least I did not), but what I did imply was that the news that I saw (you introduced memes, I was going on news accounts only) was the height of irony because I assume that the same people hollering for the dentist to be killed because he killed a lion, are the same folks that FIGHT IN PUBLIC for the 'right' to kill 9 month old babies. That is what I said!@!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 03:18 PM
because I assume that the same people hollering for the dentist to be killed because he killed a lion, are the same folks that FIGHT IN PUBLIC for the 'right' to kill 9 month old babies. That is what I said!@!!!!

This is the part of the assumption that is incorrect. This right here. And because I personally think the dentist is the kind of asshole hunters that give the rest of us a difficult image to have to constantly overcome, you're lumping me and a bunch of other people in the same boat as people who believe animal life is more sacred than humans and love abortions and kill babies. I've never killed a baby in my life. Nor has anyone in my family. I raised my family differently than that. And here you are on your fucking high and mighty throne judging me on abortion and basing it on some motherfucker eho killed a FUCKING LION. Is that clear enough Bucky? Is that being dismissive to get my dander up because of that?

BKb

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 03:23 PM
I disagree. That's not an incorrect assumption.

I did not lump YOU into the boat, show me where I did. If you are in that boat, you're in there by putting yourself in it. I didn't do it. I argued with you over Internet Memes. I said that I saw NEWS REPORTS (not emails) about people yelling to have his head, and I logically (Whether you agree or not) lumped THEM (not you) with pro-life baby killers. I'm not backing off of that, but you have to show me where I lumped you into that.

And I'm not on a high throne. I'm stating my opinions on a serious matter to me. But anytime I do, you (and others) blow the flip TOTALLY up because I don't agree with your stance.

Whatever. Go get your dander up somewhere else. I'm outta here. This is not worth it.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 03:24 PM
And here:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/zimbabwean-operator-says-american-hunter-didnt-break-law/ar-BBlmmcK

NOW tell me whether the Hunter or the Stupid Story is the problem!

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 03:26 PM
Well, bye.

BKB

Hombre
08-03-2015, 03:28 PM
BBP / Bucky, If you two are the example of my relaxing golden retirement years to come I think I might just keep working.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Hey Hombre ... I'm totally relaxed (AND LMAO 'cause, for once, I'm not involved!) ;)

Nandy
08-03-2015, 03:36 PM
I have no idea what bucky and bbp are talking but them pics are the bomb!

Hombre
08-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Hey Hombre ... I'm totally relaxed (AND LMAO 'cause, for once, I'm not involved!) ;)

That's good...what retirement is suppose to be right. On a serious note though. I just had a conversation with a friend yesterday explaining why I rarely ever engage in discussions on the internet anymore, specifically on sensitive topics. I'm not sure really what it is, whether its the a lack of emotion because people aren't face to face, inability to see an interpret body language, or the mob mentality, or ideas don't translate to writing as well. But it always seems across the internet peoples minds are made up. There is no discussion its just people talking at each other without listening.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 03:56 PM
That's good...what retirement is suppose to be right. On a serious note though. I just had a conversation with a friend yesterday explaining why I rarely ever engage in discussions on the internet anymore, specifically on sensitive topics. I'm not sure really what it is, whether its the a lack of emotion because people aren't face to face, inability to see an interpret body language, or the mob mentality, or ideas don't translate to writing as well. But it always seems across the internet peoples minds are made up. There is no discussion its just people talking at each other without listening.

Maybe.

I think very few people have honest discussions on the internet. That is, they will never ever admit they were wrong. They will face to face, but not here. Just like this..........Posty said I accused him directly of something I did not do! I said so, and told him. But no response.

And by 'bye' I meant this thread. But I lied. But I'm out of it. Everytime I think of this stupid cat, I get riled up. And being told I can't validly appreciate others' thoughts is stupid. Sorry to use the word, but it fits. This whole thing is nutsoid.

Now I'm moving on.

Cards01
08-03-2015, 03:59 PM
no Redbird's tonight what are you gonna do with the time

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 04:05 PM
I understand why some of you folks don't think this is very important. After all, it internet memes. And many are intended to be funny. But this particular one irks the shit out of me because it invokes the conservative H Bomb that gets dropped all the time: the baby killer bomb. It gets invoked at any time. If you have liberal political views, then you're a baby killer. Those are pretty serious fucking accusations if you ask me. Them is fighting words. But they get used all the time. And by people who do NOTHING whatsoever to go about changing the law other than blathering about it on the internet and using the topic to feel morally superior.
The other part about it is that once people suspend their skepticism, they'll believe anything. Now, as example, there is not one iota of proof or truth that Planned Parenthood is selling baby parts. There are simply videos published with doctors and Planned Parenthood executives talking, in a way that is shocking, about the methods they use to perform abortions so that tissue can be used by other humans. Its discussed so crassly that it makes you want to vomit. But there is not thing said, not one shred of evidence, and not one example provided of anyone buying or selling any part of a baby for profit. Yet, that is the firmly held belief, again based on these videos, of many many people. We've completely suspended our integrity when we allow ourselves to be led into thinking and believing stuff by people who do it, not in search of moral truth, but with the agenda of creating common political ground. Congress is even voting on the matter today, without one shred of credible truth. That's how dangerous and stupid this topic is. The people who latched onto this are just as mindless as the ones who value a lion's life over a baby's. Because none of it is thought through.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:13 PM
And you think there is no evidence of that, and you're riled up at everyone who has viewed it, and you think everyone should dismiss their ideas and buy into yours???

Seriously??

You are seriously one of the smartest human beings I ever met. But sometimes the things you say that you believe astound me. In my lowly, worthless, HUMBLE opinion, you have an agenda.......and furthering it is foremost for you. I don't get it. It's the very thing that you accuse me and others of doing!

Yes, they are. Go read up for a few days and come back and tell me why on earth you would think they are not. They've been caught. Are you claiming that every shred of evidence on this is made up??? Dude!!!

Mercy me and a biscuit. See why I keep getting dragged back in.....it's hard to look away from a train wreck! This is nuts, man.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 04:16 PM
I have looked at the videos. Can you point me to one where it proves they are 'selling baby parts?

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:19 PM
OK. Piece at a time.

Have you seen this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2xi9mhmuo

“I think a per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.”

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Dr. Josef Mingele would fit right in.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Finding a LOT more is hard, because:

After the release of three covertly shot videos by The Center for Medical progress taken of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, describing how Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of aborted fetuses, and admitting she uses partial-birth abortions to supply intact body parts, a CA court has just issued a temporary restraining order to prevent the reease of any more damaging videos.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:36 PM
And I tell you what, bro............ if you are deeply offended to keep being lumped with the Liberals who ARE for baby killing, then maybe you ought to jump ship. Because you can't support the Democratic Party without being for it. Here's what they claim to believe about it:

Strongly and unequivocally support Roe v. Wade
The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay. We oppose any and all efforts to weaken or undermine that right. Abortion is an intensely personal decision between a woman, her family, her doctor, and her clergy; there is no place for politicians or government to get in the way. We also recognize that health care and education help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and thereby also reduce the need for abortions. We strongly and unequivocally support a woman's decision to have a child by providing affordable health care and ensuring the availability of and access to programs that help women during pregnancy and after the birth of a child, including caring adoption programs.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 04:39 PM
And I didn't mean to chamge the subject to this. I was using it as an example of how often the truth gets stretched to the point we believe what we want.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Oh, and more............... the government (me) MUST pay for this:

Support right to choose even if mother cannot pay
Because we believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman’s right to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.
Source: The Democratic Platform for America, p.36

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:40 PM
And I didn't mean to chamge the subject to this. I was using it as an example of how often the truth gets stretched to the point we believe what we want.

BKB

I dismiss the idea that I'm the only one that might do such a thing!!! I'm that dismissive.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 04:42 PM
I can be pro choice without being for abortion. many people are. In fact, I'd dare to say MOST people are.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Then what is the specific choice that you happen to be FOR, pray tell???????????????

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:44 PM
I can be pro choice without being for abortion. many people are. In fact, I'd dare to say MOST people are.

BKB

The Democratic Party must not be "most people", then.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:46 PM
If you can keep up, here's you some more reading on your dichotomial stand:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Background_Abortion.htm

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Meanwhile, YOUR President says all this is 2nd rate drivel, that the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON EARTH IS:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-says-no-challenge-greater-threat-to-us-future-than-climate-change/ar-BBlmtqQ

In other news, China and most of the developed world laughed out loud.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:54 PM
You're slow. Got stuff to do.

Here's a TOKEN for you to consider (sorry for the ad):

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-says-no-challenge-greater-threat-to-us-future-than-climate-change/ar-BBlmtqQ

No-till Boss
08-03-2015, 04:54 PM
The man paid 50k, to go to one of the biggest cesspool in the world. I don't give a rat's ass' if he'd shot it out of the post office over there.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 05:01 PM
My personal feelings on this has nothing to do with my political beliefs. I believe that abortion is morally wrong. But I don't believe that it is murder. That's because I don't believe life begins until a baby is living outside of its mother's womb. Until its born. Is the formation of a new life from two cells to a functioning human being an amazing and miraculous thing (miraculous in a non religious way I'll add)? Fuckin A right it is. Are there doctors who would gladly terminate a pregnancy and parents who would do the same just because via in utero testing they don't like the roll of the dice they got genetically? FuckIn A right there are. And that's why I think it is morally wrong to go there.
But I don't hold my moral convictions to be any better than anybody else's (although its obvious may e only to me that mine are better thought out than yours) (and that's a joke Nimrod). And it would be highly dangerous if my moral convictions were the basis of law. I believe people should have choices in this and in many things that our so called morality based laws don't allow us today.

Late term abortions are a huge 'I don't know' area for me. If I knew the answers or thought
I did i'd tell you. And when a fetus is viable is part of the problem that makes it difficult.

I think my beliefs in this are ptobably closer to the Talmudic laws that your basic ten commandments are part of as well. They believed life begins a birth as well.That ain't why I think that way, though. Just pointing it out before you start throwing scriptures at me.

BKb

Hombre
08-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Buckrub - "I think very few people have honest discussions on the internet. That is, they will never ever admit they were wrong. They will face to face, but not here. Just like this.........." This is what I'm talking about. A symptom of the larger problem, although one I didn't list, this contributes to people talking at each other and not having an actual listening and speaking conversation.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Dang Postie ... sometimes I get the feeling we may be brothers ... with different mothers. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 05:16 PM
The man paid 50k, to go to one of the biggest cesspool in the world. I don't give a rat's ass' if he'd shot it out of the post office over there.

So, ethical hunting is not high on your list of priorities I see.

That's cool! As long as you hunting with me it is anyways.

BKB

Captain
08-03-2015, 06:01 PM
I am 1000% with you on this. Matters not one bit.
Best reply on the thread.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 06:07 PM
My personal feelings on this has nothing to do with my political beliefs. I believe that abortion is morally wrong. But I don't believe that it is murder. That's because I don't believe life begins until a baby is living outside of its mother's womb. Until its born. Is the formation of a new life from two cells to a functioning human being an amazing and miraculous thing (miraculous in a non religious way I'll add)? Fuckin A right it is. Are there doctors who would gladly terminate a pregnancy and parents who would do the same just because via in utero testing they don't like the roll of the dice they got genetically? FuckIn A right there are. And that's why I think it is morally wrong to go there.
But I don't hold my moral convictions to be any better than anybody else's (although its obvious may e only to me that mine are better thought out than yours) (and that's a joke Nimrod). And it would be highly dangerous if my moral convictions were the basis of law. I believe people should have choices in this and in many things that our so called morality based laws don't allow us today.

Late term abortions are a huge 'I don't know' area for me. If I knew the answers or thought
I did i'd tell you. And when a fetus is viable is part of the problem that makes it difficult.

I think my beliefs in this are ptobably closer to the Talmudic laws that your basic ten commandments are part of as well. They believed life begins a birth as well.That ain't why I think that way, though. Just pointing it out before you start throwing scriptures at me.

BKb

Well, ok, but you've ignored quite a bit of the arguments I gave on this entire thread..........on ALL of the topics. I still see no reason to think I'm wrong even a little bit, and nothing you've said sways me on anything I said. I could make a list, A, B, C if you want.

But you KEEP introducing new stuff, sidestepping the old stuff, dancing here and there. It really is true, to argue with a person with Liberal views is like nailing Jello to the wall. Just now, you said:
And it would be highly dangerous if my moral convictions were the basis of law.

Well, I tell you what. Take the word "my" out of that sentence, and you'd have the common statement many people make. But it's just another incorrect cliche. Sort of like "It ain't bragging if you can do it". Of course it is!! But take "my" out and guess what? If you take out fiduciary law, and laws related to that, EVERY LAW IS BASED ON MORAL CONVICTIONS!" Give me a break!

I hate to sound like Alison Widmer, but if you'll start one thread on any of these topics, and stay on it, I'll discuss it with you. But you have to be honest, and you have to stay on topic. Pick one:
*Abortion (however, I can't reconcile your belief that humans don't exist till they are air breathers with 'late term abortions are a problem for me. If you believe the former, truly, there's no problem. If there's a problem, your believes need challenged. Pick one).
*Democratic Party Platform
*Internet Memes
*Cecil the Lion Kill(ed)
*Quoting others' thoughts, whether found on internet, email, or wherever
*Ethical hunting practices
*Argument and discussion acceptable methods

You pick. But if you dance all over just to avoid defeat, I'll bow out.

Fire away.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 06:07 PM
And Hombre, yeah. After I typed that and read it, I thought it was really what you said, actually................

Thumper
08-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Whatever. Go get your dander up somewhere else. I'm outta here. This is not worth it.

Ha ha ha ha! And you've made 17 more posts since this one! (so far!) :D

Hombre
08-03-2015, 06:20 PM
I am 1000% with you on this. Matters not one bit.
Best reply on the thread.

I wouldn't go this far but will say......He hired a guide and shot a Lion with a Bow......Where that Lion was, or how it got to where it was going is irrelevant as far as the Hunter is concerned. If anyone should be in trouble for any wrong doing its the guide. That's why you get a guide in a remote area.....Of course nobody wants to go after the guide because he's not American and the story isn't as good as the bad American invading another land and shooting a poor kitty.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 06:20 PM
I know. I get SO pissed off..........but again, it's like a trainwreck. It's hard to just walk off and not defend my position. I WANT TO many times, clearly..............it seems so useless at times.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't go this far but will say......He hired a guide and shot a Lion with a Bow......Where that Lion was, or how it got to where it was going is irrelevant as far as the Hunter is concerned. If anyone should be in trouble for any wrong doing its the guide. That's why you get a guide in a remote area.....Of course nobody wants to go after the guide because he's not American and the story isn't as good as the bad American invading another land and shooting a poor kitty.

Which was my contention all along. That this is an "agenda pushing" story, and not a big deal about an unethical hunter. I even posted a link that the folks over there now say there was no wrong done. And the lion was collared by someone, but that's overlooked. Instead of making those folks evil, somehow they're the lion's Saviors! I agree with Ted Nugent's view on this. This doesn't give hunters a bad name, it just stirs up the anti's Choir into singing louder. They aren't going to be swayed by the truth anyway. Up their nose with a rubber hose.

Hombre
08-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Well then Bucky........We're in agreement on this one. The lion thing is nothing more than agenda pushing. It does put hunting in a bad light, but here's the thing only to the people who already hated hunting and their views don't really matter to me, as I'm sure my views don't to them.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 06:33 PM
The link you posted was from the outfitter. What did you expect them to say? It remains to be seen if there are charges filed or not.

Regardless, if this is your idea of fair chase and a good hunt then we're definitely in different camps. TeeDub called it jacklighting.

BKB

Thumper
08-03-2015, 06:35 PM
As far as I'm concerned, we do a lot of the same thing in this country. Heck, some of those "canned hunts" behind those high fences in Texas where only doctors and attorneys can afford to hunt those genetically culled monster mule deer, ain't much different IMHO.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 06:36 PM
I find it shocking that we would be in different camps.

But I didn't say this was fair chase. I don't care much for African hunting, per se. There's a few animals I'd like to have, blesbuck, kudu, the like. Maybe a water buffalo or wildebeest. But lions, and elephants, and giraffes, and zebras, and monkeys, nope. But I couldn't care less if you kill 'em.

How long will you go with no charges being filed to admit no wrong was done?

And, have you ever been bear hunting???????

Captain
08-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I bear hunt every year.... Your point?

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Nope, never been bear hunting. Not my cup of tea.

Hell, I don't know Bucky. I'm sure there'll be some facts out pretty soon. Of course, you won't believe them. The rush to judgement by both sides isn't based on facts

and Ted is always right dont you know.

BKB

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Nobody is always right. I never said they were.

I said I agreed with his views ON THIS. Much about Ted, I dislike.

Just like I agreed with some of the news stories I saw about the hypocrites rioting over a pussy cat. Just like I like some of these internet meemee's. Much about the internet I dislike.

Geez man. You're hard to talk to sometimes.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 06:43 PM
I bear hunt every year.... Your point?

That the normal method is to bait the bear into a killing zone, much like the lion was done. Just that it is similar to accepted methods, but somehow dissed for the lion.

Heck, if you Mt. Lion hunt with some outfitters in Utah, they wait till the lion is treed and THEN call you to come fly out and shoot it!

Thumper
08-03-2015, 07:11 PM
I hunted bear every year for 20+ years. I have to say, there was a time I had no interest at all until my buddy FINALLY (after years of trying) talked me into going the first time (1983 I think?). After that, I was hopelessly hooked. I guess that makes it one'a those "don't knock it 'til you've tried it" sort'a things I suppose.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 07:12 PM
That the normal method is to bait the bear into a killing zone, much like the lion was done. Just that it is similar to accepted methods, but somehow dissed for the lion.

Heck, if you Mt. Lion hunt with some outfitters in Utah, they wait till the lion is treed and THEN call you to come fly out and shoot it!

Says the guy who works his butt off tending food plots every year at deer camp and hides in little houses up in the air to shoot 'em. ;)

It's like bow hunters arguing against gun hunting. Doesn't make sense.

Captain
08-03-2015, 07:19 PM
I've hunted Bear over bait in Maine and Canada, but NC just opened baiting for bear last year. I've never shot a NC bear over bait but I will if the right one comes in. All the bear I've shot have been traveling at daylight/dusk across loggin' roads.
NC now allows bait for bears but it's weird not at all like baiting with sweets and bread like up north. You cannot use anything like that. Only corn piles. (I think)

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 07:29 PM
A guy in Arkansas told me a propane tank with the valve just barely cracked will bring them in. Said you'd better chain it or they'd carry it off too.

I have no idea if he was pulling my leg or not.

BKb

Captain
08-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Posty, we use to use Honey Burns in Canada. Ever heard of that?

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 07:36 PM
No but if it'd work on Yogi I'll bet it'd work on those socialist bears up in Canada!

Of course, I like honey buns too. Maybe I'm part bear.

On a side note, I've heard they look uncannily like humans when they're skinned. Is that true?

BKB

Thumper
08-03-2015, 07:40 PM
No but if it'd work on Yogi I'll bet it'd work on those socialist bears up in Canada!

Of course, I like honey buns too. Maybe I'm part bear.

On a side note, I've heard they look uncannily like humans when they're skinned. Is that true?

BKB

Ha ha ha! That's honey BURNS dufus! ;)

And yes, they DO look like skinned out humans! :hair

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
What is a honey burn? Never heard of 'em.

BKB

Thumper
08-03-2015, 07:47 PM
This guy gets a bit carried away ... but you get the point.

https://youtu.be/0r9cI3XCCw8

Here's another. (for some reason I'm not getting an embed code on these)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZSS156l3Y

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Says the guy who works his butt off tending food plots every year at deer camp and hides in little houses up in the air to shoot 'em. ;)

It's like bow hunters arguing against gun hunting. Doesn't make sense.

You clearly missed the entire point of what I sad.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 07:56 PM
You clearly missed the entire point of what I sad.

Got'cha ... I guess you could take it either way ... sarcastically or matter of factly (is factly a word?). Sorry, I guess I took it the wrong way.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 07:58 PM
I just meant that the lion was killed in the same PERFECTLY JUSTIFIABLE method that bears are.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Yeppers ... I agree. Unless this dude was in cahoots with the outfitter, I don't see why he's being persecuted.

Captain
08-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Barry a Honey BURN is where you take a can of steno and light it then Place a gallon coffee can full of scrap honey and honey-cone on top of the flame and let it burn for a few hours. It will really bring in the Bears.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Tell you what. Go to a national park, lure a grizz out of there with a truck bed full of honey buns some dark night, shoot it with a crossbow, and I'll promise to split my Operation Gamethief reward with you.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 08:55 PM
And I just read where the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides Association suspended the hunter's membership for a violation of their ethics and Zimbabwe has arrested the guides for an illegal hunt. That seems pretty cut and dried to me. Of course, it just pushing an agenda I'm sure.

BKB

No-till Boss
08-03-2015, 09:02 PM
And I just read where the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides Association suspended the hunter's membership for a violation of their ethics and Zimbabwe has arrested the guides for an illegal hunt. That seems pretty cut and dried to me. Of course, it just pushing an agenda I'm sure.

BKB

That's great, the country has a 90% unemployment rate and they lay off a working man !

Hombre
08-04-2015, 10:37 AM

BKB

Perfect. Case closed they found the bad guy we can all move on now.

No-till Boss
08-04-2015, 12:05 PM

Hombre
08-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Its on the West side, just above Chile

Thumper
08-04-2015, 12:25 PM

Ha ha ha! Wrong continent! ;)

No-till Boss
08-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Smiles........

LJ3
08-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Good call, NoTill. He'll figure it out eventually. In his defense, he spends his days interacting with 105 year old yard sale ladies so he's lost a bit of his intellectual sheen, as it were.

HideHunter
08-04-2015, 12:58 PM
ooohhh.. good one - stole it.. :thumbsup

Thumper
08-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Good call, NoTill. He'll figure it out eventually. In his defense, he spends his days interacting with 105 year old yard sale ladies so he's lost a bit of his intellectual sheen, as it were.

Did I miss sumpin' here?

LJ3
08-04-2015, 01:12 PM
No more than usual :)

I know I know... Stools are in the corner.

Captain
08-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Come on Thump.......
Look S-L-O-W-l-Y

Big Muddy
08-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Dang.....Florida looks sorta funny on that map....the hurricane musta twisted it around. ;)

Thumper
08-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Man, youse dufes are over my head ... unless you missed my comment below that map of South America. (???)

Nandy
08-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Man, youse dufes are over my head ... unless you missed my comment below that map of South America. (???)

It is South America map.... So I guess the joke is on them... Or it is such a good joke that it is on us..... or, maybe is a gist that no one knows where Zimbabwe is...

Thumper
08-04-2015, 04:03 PM
I'm clueless. I thought maybe they were refering to "Florida" looking like a pecker (Brazil and Uraguay) or ... heck, maybe you're right ... they're ALL just a bunch of bozos. ;)

Thumper
08-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Odd how everyone got quiet all of a sudden.

HideHunter
08-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I gotta admit Thump.. I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, too.. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Florida looks like a pecker?

BKB

Hombre
08-04-2015, 04:09 PM
The map was made with the irony of the creator knowing it was South America to emphasis the craziness that so many are complaining about a place they not only couldn't find on a map but couldn't even identify the continent....is my guess

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 04:24 PM
It was a trap!

BKB

HideHunter
08-04-2015, 04:24 PM
The map was made with the irony of the creator knowing it was South America to emphasis the craziness that so many are complaining about a place they not only couldn't find on a map but couldn't even identify the continent....is my guess

Well, that's sure the way I saw it... but the implication was there was something more. ;)

Hombre
08-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Hmm....Then I missing something too....I'm not that bright :D

Nandy
08-04-2015, 05:28 PM
It is South America map.... So I guess the joke is on them... Or it is such a good joke that it is on us..... or, maybe is a gist that no one knows where Zimbabwe is...

That was my last thought Hombre...

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Is it missing?

BKB

Nandy
08-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Is it missing?

BKB

Found it in a map of South America.