PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Trackpad Disable..........how?

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Cannot find a way to disable the Touchpad on ASUS laptop for Windows 10. It was no problem in Windows 7.

Egg?
Hombre?
Len?
Foo?
Nandy?

Hombre
08-03-2015, 12:35 PM
hmm...not sure i actually haven't updated to Windows 10 yet. I hear good things...sorry can't help on this one. I looked a little online and there doesn't seem to be an easy way.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 12:36 PM
P.S.
THIS does not work:
http://superuser.com/questions/867620/disable-trackpad-on-windows-10

I tried to install but it gets to end and says "Windows Installer did not complete properly for one program. Contact your Administrator".

Not sure why Windows writes messages as if everyone was on a corporate network. Well, yes I am sure, but it's stupid. Either way, this 'fix' did not work.

Captain
08-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Cannot find a way to disable the Touchpad on ASUS laptop for Windows 10. It was no problem in Windows 7. Egg? Hombre? Len? Foo? Nandy?

A framing hammer works well.

Thumper
08-03-2015, 01:29 PM
From the net,

Wikipedia Definition: "Bucky's framing hammer" - See Scope Adjusting Tool! :D

Nandy
08-03-2015, 03:47 PM
I dont have experience with either and i bet it is not a Winblows 10 but an Asus issue. I would call the source (Asus) or google with the exact laptop model, I bet you are not the first person with such question. There is generally a hardware or software button to disable it.
Sorry I am not of much help on this one other than the advise to call Asus. I bet they will not charge you.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 04:00 PM
It is apparently a Windows 10 issue.

For ASUS, just uninstall existing Smart Gesture software/drivers from Control Panel and install the latest version for Windows 10 from here

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=smart+gesture

To work with Windows 10 you need Smart Gesture 4.0.5 or 4.0.6. These are the only ones designed to work with Windows 10.

Just installed 4.0.6 on my Asus Zenbook UX31A and it works perfectly. It has auto disable of the touchpad when an USB mouse is present, the disable button (Fn+F9) works, the multi finger gestures works...it has even specific gestures for Windows 10 related to Cortana or other Windows 10 features

There is no other listed fix.

However, when I try to install either version, it fails at the end, telling me the Windows 10 Installer could not complete and to contact my Administrator (which I don't have).