PDA

View Full Version : It shouldnt be this easy

Arty
08-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Got home from work, ate, we all helped clean up, wife and youngest boy wanted to get in the pool.... So I grabbed a rod and walked out back.

5 minutes later. This big ole girl.

At my wife's better judgment I had my oldest grab the electronic kitchen scale from the kitchen.

4lbs, 10.5 ounces. BUT HER TAIL was laying on the ground.
Considered getting a tray of some sort to lay her on and weighing again, but she'd been out of the water for about 2 minutes at that point. Plus the scale only weighs up to 5 pounds.

So I kissed her, walked her back down to the water, and off she went.

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 07:39 PM
That'll put a bend in your pole! Goodun!

BKB

Big Muddy
08-03-2015, 07:43 PM
So, without her actually being weighed, you can do the noble thing, and just lie like all fishermen....looks like a day'um 6 1/2 pounder to me, too !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-03-2015, 07:46 PM
That's bigger than ahything in my cement pond I'll tell ya.

BKB

Arty
08-03-2015, 07:47 PM
THESE are fun to catch too.
This one if from Saturday.

Hint: that's my hand and I have large fat man hands.

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Got home from work, ate, we all helped clean up, wife and youngest boy wanted to get in the pool.... So I grabbed a rod and walked out back.

5 minutes later. This big ole girl.

At my wife's better judgment I had my oldest grab the electronic kitchen scale from the kitchen.

4lbs, 10.5 ounces. BUT HER TAIL was laying on the ground.
Considered getting a tray of some sort to lay her on and weighing again, but she'd been out of the water for about 2 minutes at that point. Plus the scale only weighs up to 5 pounds.

So I kissed her, walked her back down to the water, and off she went.

I dunno, man. Holding a big fish right in front of a swimming pool, is just.........um..............just a bit suspect, I'm thinkin'.......

Arty
08-03-2015, 07:56 PM
I dunno, man. Holding a big fish right in front of a swimming pool, is just.........um..............just a bit suspect, I'm thinkin'.......
What I ought to do is catch them and fill the pool up with them!

Buckrub
08-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Looked to me as if that had already occurred, dude.

:)

Thumper
08-03-2015, 07:59 PM
You could do that with mine! Once my boy and all the neighborhood kids grew up, I finally shut mine down and it would make a good catfish pond right now. I got tired of pumping an extra $100/month in electricity and chemicals into it all summer as well as spending half my weekend cleaning the dang thing. A 2-story house and a pool ... two things I will NEVER purchase again!

Arty
08-03-2015, 08:02 PM
You could do that with mine! Once my boy and all the neighborhood kids grew up, I finally shut mine down and it would make a good catfish pond right now. I got tired of pumping an extra $100/month in electricity and chemicals into it all summer as well as spending half my weekend cleaning the dang thing. A 2-story house and a pool ... two things I will NEVER purchase again!

Curmudgeon

Thumper
08-03-2015, 08:18 PM
:booty:booty:booty

LJ3
08-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Another year or so and that'd be a fine bass!