PDA

View Full Version : Happy Belated Birthday Niner

Sunshine
08-04-2015, 01:03 AM
This post is for Niner and Mrs Niner!

I'm not having anything to do with the rest of you., but thought you might liked to know, during all the crap that's gone on over the last few day, you missed a birthday.

Niner busted his butt, to kept this place running, and keep us an Internet family. Doesn't feel like a family anymore.

I think he'd be sad to see what's going on around this place, right now.

So this is for my friend.

May your birthday in heaven, this weekend , have been a good one and hope you're fishing in the big lake in the sky.

This place is not the same and Arty, you are wrong. It will be a long time before I post again.

It's no longer a nice place to visit, its like a hate button has been turned on by you men.

I'm sure you're not going to find any new blood that wants to step into all this crap that's been being posted and I'm not the only female upset here.

As for the language in my post to Airbud, every single one of those words was used by men on this site!

So I tried using your language to get my point across, since you can't understand nice words.

Airbud intentionally quoted me and put it right in my face. I will not just stand back and be quiet about it. He provoked my response and after getting an undeserved ass chewing by Bucky, Airbud pushed too far.

If he hadn't started the whole thing, then it would never have happened.
I guess he didn't like being chewed out by a woman.

Most of you have gone out of your way to try and remember not to quote me and I thank you.

There's some that feel different about it.
So fine. I've been with GH since 1997, it was a fun place to visit and have conversations.
It's not that way anymore, so I'm not going to be apart of how it is right now.

While you guys have been fighting ( and I mean that literally) Mrs Niner dealt with getting through Niner's birthday alone.

Mrs Niner, hope you are doing ok.
Can't even imagine how you are dealing with everything.
Prayers for you Di!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINER!!!

Adios Amigos!

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Well done, Sunny and thanks for the reminder of Niner's bday. There's been a few times over the past few days
I've thought of Niner and felt guilty because he didn't express himself the way I have, but he got his point across better.
For my part in the nastiness, I am sorry. I 'm not sorry for my values, nor for my liberal old beliefs. But I certainly haven't behaved the way I was raised to, and for that I am truly sorry. To Bucky, NoTill, all of you. (You're still wrong!)

We've always bickered, sometimes harshly,sometimes in strident tones, and sometimes we get mad and leave. Most of us come back. Some don't. I hope you do cheri. I won't pretend to understand the quoting thing but I think I've respected it, mostly because its you. You're an original. None of can afford to lose a friend, especially one we've known for that long.

Thanks for the comeuppence. i needed it.

BKB

Buckrub
08-04-2015, 06:25 AM
Sunny, I don't even remember any ass chewing. I get upset at this place, and some of the people, but a week later I don't even remember what it was about. So, sorry for some forgotten ass chewing. I guess I didn't think it was uncalled for at the time. Just don't remember much of it. Lots of folks here are going through a lot of things. I'm dealing with more family issues than I care to, fighting Hospice, an elderly mother, kids........ but there are others with even worse problems that never mention them.

I will say this, and you can hate me if you need to. I have told you personally why I think the quoting thing is silly, and it is. It does NOT accomplish what you think it does, and it makes it hard to have a lengthy chat when you are involved. I disagree with you on that, and I believe I'm in the right. NONETHELESS I have tried hard not to do it because you asked. Since I do that, just for you.......I feel like you need to get a little less upset when someone disagrees with you but doesn't quote you. In other words, I feel like I'm already giving in to you considerably, so now if I can't even disagree with you and 'bicker', about things I feel strongly about, then I'm sort of emasculated in that conversation.

It seems the ones here that prosper are the ones that say very little. The ones that talk a lot, sooner or later get into trouble.

I think it is simply because we know each other so well. I believe that.

I disagree with aiming potshots just to see folks squirm. I don't know if that's truly what's done here. I don't think so. Maybe someone does it, but I don't see that. I will say this. I don't see one whit of difference in what goes on here via a keyboard, vs. what goes on every single day at my deer camp. We have a liberal, and 2 right wing NUTS, and a couple other of us middle of the road guys, and we 'sling s**t' nonstop. But if anyone needs anything, we all drop what we're doing and go get it.

Maybe it's a male thing. I am convinced some males bond closer than they ever would with females, but these days, saying that leads to a very wrong conclusion. I also believe women cannot understand that bond. That's my belief, right or wrong. But with that said, in any family gathering, or at work, I always sidle over to where the women are talking and get away from the men. Women are just more interesting to talk to. And men have that testosterone thing going where they can't admit they're wrong, ever. It makes for fireworks.

It's hard for me to talk about, especially on here, lately because of a lot of reasons, but I admit that Niner is on my mind almost every day. I pray daily for the grace he had, and yet I never seem to come close. I feel like the Apostle Peter..........Impetuous. I work hard at changing, and then regress hourly.

And it's hard to talk about hunting and fishing here, because not many here do that anymore. This is a bunch of city yuppies. I spend a lot of time now at another site, and we talk about hunting, and fishing, and sports.......and the decline of deer populations and what to do about it. Here, we talk politics and current events, because that's about all that folks know to talk about, it seems. Plus, politics really is important enough to all of our lives that it's worth a discussion. Folks say they hate it, but it affects us all and really is worthy of dialogue. But I would love to discuss hunting and fishing topics.........and always try to jump in when they are brought up.

I'm rambling again. Sorry.

I'm not a big birthday man. I have my reasons..........but I appreciated Niner and am glad he did what he did for me. I will always love him for it, even though I doubt he knew the extent of his impact. I do know firsthand the feelings of loss, and how special days affect that, and I pray you have strength, whether you agree with much of us or not.

I'm surely sorry if I offend anyone.

No-till Boss
08-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Well hell, I hope too that I don't offend anyone either.

Example; I know Barry and I slam each other, we take shots, cuss and pull every trick to win our side of the argument. BUT, I understand that BOTH of our opinions are just that, we're not right, and we're not wrong per se, just what we happened to believe. Chances are, if we ever meet in person, we'd probably never talk about some of these things that we squabble about.

I think everyone here is pretty damn cool, and I'm happy to be here for sure, and I sure don't wanna create enemies especially over my hickory nut mentality ......

I also like the fact that this is not some sissy shit site either......... smiles !

Captain
08-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Niner and I were 6 months apart in age. I'd get to call him old man for 6 months then I'd catch up with him. I miss him everyday and seems that everything I see and pick up at the farm reminds me of him. We are suffering through the worse drought on record here. And one of the little farm ponds in SC is lower in water than I've ever seen it. So low in fact a point of land is dry that I've never seen. So last week I ventured out on that point and set post in concrete and built a duck blind. It will be in about 18 inches of water when the pond fills back up. The whole time I was there building the blind I could not help but think of the fun Niner and I had at that pond year before last. We caught a lot of big bass several afternoons there. He lost a topwater plug when a big bass broke his line and somewhere around that pond is one of the rubber tips off of his walking stick! Maybe someday I'll find it. And making it all the more special is the fact that "Niners" stand looks over this pond. I'll not sully Niner's birthday post by addressing the Sunny "quote" issue here. I know EXACTLY how Niner felt about the issue. Happy Birthday Niner! I hope you are doing some deer scouting and finding some good fishing spots for me and you to enjoy when I'm with you again. 5300 5301

Chicken Dinner
08-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Happy birthday, Bill. I'm sorry we missed it as I'm sure it was a tough day for Mrs. Niner.

As for the rest of your sermon Sunny, we may use foul language around here some. But, I've never seen it directed at an individual (in seriousness) the way you did. As far as I'm concerned, you're the one who needs to do the apologizing.

Captain
08-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Happy birthday, Bill. I'm sorry we missed it as I'm sure it was a tough day for Mrs. Niner. As for the rest of your sermon Sunny, we may use foul language around here some. But, I've never seen it directed at an individual (in seriousness) the way you did. As far as I'm concerned, you're the one who needs to do the apologizing.
Amen...

Arty
08-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Happy Birthday to Bill.
He was and remains an inspiration to me.

I have had 3 family members diagnosed with cancer and none of them came close to having the courage or the mental (and physical) gumption that I saw Bill have through it all.
I think that's why he was such an inspiration to me personally. Plus he was just a cool guy to talk to. Knew a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff.

I thought of him just last weekend. I was down in the country part of Virginia beach, a place called Pungo (Di, I'm sure you know where I'm talking about). I was down a dead end road and saw an old rusted out sign that said "captain George's seafood". I look over where the building should have been, and it had been bulldozed.
What made me think of Bill was that he told me that he and Di used to go to captain George's down in Pungo. At the time he told me, I honestly thought he might be confused, cause there isn't a captain George's in pungo. There's a couple of them in other places around va beach, but not in the farmland of Pungo. Turns out he was right. It's just not there anymore, except for the sign, thats rusted out and gonna fall over soon. I told my wife as we drove by "my buddy Bill used to eat there".

As for the site - I firmly believe that everyone here, those that argue, and those that don't, those that use language for shock value, and those they don't... ALL know full well that we have a special and unique niche we have here on the internet highway, and I don't think anyone here says anything with real animosity towards anyone. Bucky said it right when he said (In a nut shell) "it's a guy thing".

I disagree that the site is "not the same". It's the same that it's always been. When there's downtime between praying for and trying to help another person here in need.... We sit in this locker room, scratching ourselves and arguing and making fun of each other. I'm not an original to the site, but I've been here 15 years and that's the way it's always been.

Captain
08-04-2015, 08:19 AM
This post is for Niner and Mrs Niner! I'm not having anything to do with the rest of you., but thought you might liked to know, during all the crap that's gone on over the last few day, you missed a birthday. Niner busted his butt, to kept this place running, and keep us an Internet family. Doesn't feel like a family anymore. I think he'd be sad to see what's going on around this place, right now. So this is for my friend. May your birthday in heaven, this weekend , have been a good one and hope you're fishing in the big lake in the sky. This place is not the same and Arty, you are wrong. It will be a long time before I post again. It's no longer a nice place to visit, its like a hate button has been turned on by you men. I'm sure you're not going to find any new blood that wants to step into all this crap that's been being posted and I'm not the only female upset here. As for the language in my post to Airbud, every single one of those words was used by men on this site! So I tried using your language to get my point across, since you can't understand nice words. Airbud intentionally quoted me and put it right in my face. I will not just stand back and be quiet about it. He provoked my response and after getting an undeserved ass chewing by Bucky, Airbud pushed too far. If he hadn't started the whole thing, then it would never have happened. I guess he didn't like being chewed out by a woman. Most of you have gone out of your way to try and remember not to quote me and I thank you. There's some that feel different about it. So fine. I've been with GH since 1997, it was a fun place to visit and have conversations. It's not that way anymore, so I'm not going to be apart of how it is right now. While you guys have been fighting ( and I mean that literally) Mrs Niner dealt with getting through Niner's birthday alone. Mrs Niner, hope you are doing ok. Can't even imagine how you are dealing with everything. Prayers for you Di! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINER!!! Adios Amigos! Just in case you decide to delete this....

HideHunter
08-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Cap'n - Cap'n - Cap'n.. :poke :D ... Sunny's right.. You guys are all butt-holes... Now, I say that in the nicest possible way... ;)

Thanks for the heads-up Sunny.. Happy Happy Niner!

Hombre
08-04-2015, 10:21 AM
I don't spend a lot of time posting but have lurked for years. I think Niner would be very happy with this place. I don't see a lot has changed. People argue and have different view points but at the end of the day are still friends. I think the best thing about this site is the fact that it isn't about hunting and fishing all the time, and many of the people have gotten out to meet each other face 2 face. People from across the country have built friendships, and sometimes that comes with disagreements on topics. Reading those differing view points has on more than one occasion changed how I see things and to me is what this site is about, more than hunting and fishing.

Captain
08-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Cap'n - Cap'n - Cap'n.. :poke :D ... Sunny's right.. You guys are all butt-holes... Now, I say that in the nicest possible way... ;) Thanks for the heads-up Sunny.. Happy Happy Niner!
Hideman I said NOTHING negative on this thread to Sunny. Your post would mean more on a different one I put up. Others HAVE addressed the issue here. I did not. I celebrated my friends birthday here with out using it to further an agenda.

Thumper
08-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Hombre for President!

HideHunter
08-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Hideman I said NOTHING negative on this thread to Sunny. Your post would mean more on a different one I put up. Others HAVE addressed the issue here. I did not. I celebrated my friends birthday here with out using it to further an agenda.

Sorry, sir - I was just referring to the fact you "quoted" her.. laughingly.. and I read posts from "the bottom" up so I hadn't run across your other post.. Don't get me in the middle of this.. I'm a pacifist... ;)

Captain
08-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Sorry, sir - I was just referring to the fact you "quoted" her.. laughingly.. and I read posts from "the bottom" up so I hadn't run across your other post.. Don't get me in the middle of this.. I'm a pacifist... ;) LOL I would dare not throw you in that brier patch. :D I though you were referring my other post here. I only posted good memories and thoughts of my friend here out of respect of Niner and Mrs. Niner, as I didn't want this thread going in the direction the author seemed to want it to go. I made the quote because if the original was deleted the thread would make no sense.

Nandy
08-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Happy birthday Niner!!!!