PDA

View Full Version : "Major U.S. airlines end trophy hunter shipments after Cecil outcry".....

Big Muddy
08-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Day'um, I guess I won't be getting my elephant and giraffe. ;););)

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/08/04/after-cecil-outcry-major-u-s-airlines-end-trophy-hunter-shipme/21217868/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl40%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D14125665 27

Thumper
08-04-2015, 02:53 PM
What a total crock. If the shipment is not hazardous and all legal paperwork is in order, what do they care? This is a frigging knee-jerk reaction that seems all too common these days. What if they took a stand against birth control? Would they refuse to ship "The Pill" from Bayer? What a bunch of b/s.

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Excuse me, but its their airlines ain't it? If hunters don't like it, don't fly on their airlines. Simple.

BKB

Thumper
08-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Well ... kinda difficult right now ...

Delta Air Lines Inc, the only American airline to fly directly between the United States and Johannesburg ....

Big Muddy
08-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Yep, I agree....and, it looks like this whole thing has come back to bite Zimbabwe in the azz....they were ranting and raving about, wanting the hunter's head on a plate, and returned for prosecution....now, they ain't gonna get sheeit....their hunting/tourism just went into the sheeiter.
No big game hunters are gonna want to hunt there, anymore.

Thumper
08-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Excuse me, but its their airlines ain't it? If hunters don't like it, don't fly on their airlines. Simple. BKB

So, what if they decided they wanted no black passengers? Or no Oklahoma redheaded step-children? Or no "little people"? Or no Jews? Or Catholics? Or, or, or ... it's a crock, plain and simple.

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 03:06 PM
I imagine a guy who'll pay $55,000 to go spotlight a lion can afford to figure out a way to get hos trophy home other than Delta Airlines.

BKB

Buckrub
08-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Excuse me, but its their airlines ain't it? If hunters don't like it, don't fly on their airlines. Simple.

BKB

It is for a fact.

Another fact is that my opinion is that they are liberal knee-jerk dumbasses.

Pick an opinion you wanna support.

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Airlines have been wishy washy on hunting rifles and trophies for years. It differs from airline to airline. This isn't a new issue.
So get your panties twisted in a wad all you want, it will still be what it will be.

And if you hate liberals, then don't fly on liberal owned airlines. You can add it your long list of other companies you don't patronize because of their political affiliation.

And my opinion is I don't think they fully understand the consequences of their decision. They will lose revenue too.

BKB

Thumper
08-04-2015, 03:15 PM
And to think I have 300,000 frequent flyer miles with Delta. I wish I could use them on a cruise! :(

Buckrub
08-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Airlines have been wishy washy on hunting rifles and trophies for years. It differs from airline to airline. This isn't a new issue.
So get your panties twisted in a wad all you want, it will still be what it will be.

And if you hate liberals, then don't fly on liberal owned airlines. You can add it your long list of other companies you don't patronize because of their political affiliation.

And my opinion is I don't think they fully understand the consequences of their decision. They will lose revenue too.

BKB

I don't.

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 03:19 PM
wow. That's a lot of miles. You need to be taking some trips!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 03:25 PM
I don't.

You've been around marketing in big business long enough to know they don't go take a dump without considering what they think the market reaction will be. This is a measured response that they think will positively affect them and their perception in the market. If its a liberal kneejerk reaction, then its likely they'll come back and change it later. Logic usually always prevails. Eventually.
BKB

Thumper
08-04-2015, 03:27 PM
wow. That's a lot of miles. You need to be taking some trips! BKB

Tell me about it! But, Delta has totally pissed me off with their milage porograms. When I EARNED those points, I could fly to S.E. Asia and back (round-trip) for 60,000 points. Overnight, they decided to change the rules and make that 120,000 points. BUT ... I've tried to use them elebenty times already, but guess what .... it seems open seats (for miles) are non-existant even at 6-8 months out! BUT ... if I'd like to throw in an additional 50,000 or so points, all of a sudden a seat becomes available. Cock-suckers! :pissed

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Yep. There's a lot of them doing that stuff.

On our Delta flight back from Antigua to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Tulsa, the seats were so small that a normal sized him can't possibly get into anything resembling a relaxing position. Its just a ridiculously small amount of space.

American has 90 year old bitches working as flight attendants, Delta crams you in like sardines, hell Southwest is the only airlines that gives anything close to good service any more.

BKB

Thumper
08-04-2015, 03:53 PM
I've been playing the Frequent Flyer miles points game for many years and know all the ins & outs with them. Previously, I never used them for domestic flights and only saved them for overseas flights (much better value). I also know seats become available 331 days before departure, so when I'd plan my overseas trips, my ticket was arranged almost a year in advance. Just for grins, I've been playing around with their website for the past couple years. I have two buddies (my SEAL bud and an old MI bud) who are going to Thailand this November. I looked to check seat availability back in February and there were none! Again, If I pitched in an additional bucket-load of points, a non-existant seat miraculously became available! Screw it, I couldn't go anyway because we're going to LA in November.

Ok, domestic flights should be easy 9 months in advance, correct? We wanted to be there (LA) for Thanksgiving with the family. It should be no problem because we were VERY flexible with our dates (will be staying 10 days, flight dates are whatever are available). I tried every combination there was for any day within that 10 day period ... nothing available. Ok, Lynn's mom's birthday is the first week in November, we'll just move it up and go for her birthday instead. One date, nothing avail ... next date, same thing ... until I FINALLY found a day they had a seat (on a Saturday). They had 3 flights that would work and I got a good one. It leaves Orlando at 10:00 am and arrives in LA at noon. Great, being a Saturday, we can leave here around 7:00 am, no rush hour traffic in Orlando and have plenty of time. We'd get to LA in time to have lunch with Lynn's mom and family. Perfect. I paid for it with Skymiles.

A few days later, we get an email from Delta that they've changed our flight. What a surprise, NOW we have to leave here before 4:00 am to catch the less desirable 7:30 am flight and arrive in LA between breakfast and lunch! I checked Delta's schedule and our original flight still exists at the originally scheduled times, so why do you think OUR flights were changed? Who knows? (because it was not a cash deal maybe?) By time November rolls around, they'll prolly have us on the red-eye! Bastards.

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 04:07 PM
We travel every year and i'd say its common practice that they change you around even if you pay cash for a flight. We got shuffled to a different flight this year too, although all it did was give us a shorter layover in Atlanta so it actually made our itinerary better.
Airlines aren't my favorite people either. But it really doesn't affect me in any way whether they fly animal trophies or not. I'd suspect, most of the time, the taxidermist is going to handle those arrangements for hunters (like ours did on my caribou hunting trip to Canada) anyway. If anything it may drive up their price a bit for that service.

Also, shipping those trophies probably mean special handling for the airlines so it probably was an opportunity to cut out a special process and get themselves free headlines at the same time.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-04-2015, 05:46 PM
This sheeit has taken on a life of it's own:

"Idaho woman comes under fire for celebrating her killing of giraffe"

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/08/04/idaho-woman-comes-under-fire-for-celebrating-her-killing-of-gira/21218005/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl33%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D26427761 7

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2015, 05:48 PM
I saw a news story on her. She's got some nice sweater puppies.

And looks to be a pretty dang good hunter too!

BKb

Big Muddy
08-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Sweater puppies is an understatement....those are full-grown bulldogs !!! ;)

Thumper
08-04-2015, 05:53 PM
I prefer sweaty puppies! ;)

HideHunter
08-04-2015, 08:10 PM
I saw an interview with her.. she's built like a brick $h!t house and smart the same way. Her husband ain't as purty but he's a danged site better spokesman for our cause.

FooBang
08-04-2015, 10:03 PM
>And to think I have 300,000 frequent flyer miles with Delta. I wish I could use them on a cruise!

You could probably convert them, Thumpy. There are tons of reciprocal programs.

Their partners: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/earn-miles/earn-miles-with-partners/airlines.html

You could buy stuff: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/use-miles/shop-with-miles.html

More:
http://thepointsguy.com/2014/03/top-11-ways-to-redeem-delta-skymiles/

Thumper
08-05-2015, 04:30 AM
Thanks Foo, and good to see you again stranger. Yeah, I have a whole file of similar websites archived, although I haven't updated it recently. (I didn't have your last url) Over the past few years, points have become almost useless, but sometimes I get lucky (like the LA trip I just booked) even though I don't know why I bother to book the flight I want ... because all they do is change it and put me on any frigging flight they want to dump anyway with no regard to what MY schedule requirements might be. The last time that happened, we were also flying out to see Lynn's mom. We booked the flight we wanted and were to hit LA around noon. Perfect! A few weeks later, they changed our flight to one that landed around 4:30pm. Thanks for nothing ... that put us in LA just in time for Friday afternoon rush hour! Bastards! But that's ok, we soon got bumped from THAT flight and moved to one that didn't arrive until around 9:00 - 10:00 at night!!! Not only did Lynn miss an extra day of work because of it ... we had to take a cab from the airport to her mom's house since her mom has night blindness and can't drive at night. (DOUBLE bastards!)

I used to really enjoy miles, knew all the in's and out's, knew every option for accruing points, etc etc ... it was almost like a hobby working points to my advantage. Nowadays, I'd almost be better off printing them out and wiping my ass with 'em! I even have a Delta Skymiles PLATINUM American Express Card and this post is a reminder to call and cancel it. It's no longer worth the annual fee. The only advantage now is I can check a free piece of luggage if I book a Delta flight with it. Thanks Delta, really white of you! Did I already say they're bastards? I still have a regular American Express Gold Card that I get points on and that's what I'll use from here on out. At least with that, I have a choice of airlines, plus I was able to use the points I had on that last cruise we took. Wanna hear sumpin' silly though? I get tons of email and mailers for Delta Skymiles Cruises. I called to try using my points for a cruise and was told they only ISSUE Delta Skymiles for their cruises ... but they don't ACCEPT Skymiles for their cruises! Oh yeah ... they're BASTARDS BTW. I don't normally buy merchandise with points because it's an even crappier value. I'll just hang onto them in case I get lucky and find some obscure flight we can take with them like this upcoming LA flight ... even though it's a total waste of time studying all the schedules and working out a convenient flight because all they'll do is change it to THEIR advantage anydamnway. Bastards! ( ;) )

Big Muddy
08-05-2015, 09:37 AM
THis just in:

"""American doctor defends lion hunt, says he followed rules"""

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/08/04/american-doctor-defends-lion-hunt-says-he-followed-rules/21218261/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cbon5-c2-2%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk4%26pLid%3D1171947370

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2015, 09:39 AM
I saw that too and for some reason I thought it was a different guy than the Cecil guy.

BKB

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 09:41 AM
There's two guys involved. An MD from Pennsylvania, and the original dentist from Minnesota. I'm losing interest in keeping them apart, or thinking much more about it. I know how I feel, and this is last week's story. My rat has no posterior on this any more, it's gone.

No-till Boss
08-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Why is it that a business can be forced to bake a cake in violation of their conscience, but no one’s calling out Delta and American for intolerance towards hunters on this one? Hunters will just have to find another airline, and the gays can just find another baker, too… right?

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2015, 12:09 PM
If you can't see the difference then I ain't going to be the one to point out the obvious.

BKB

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Why is it that a business can be forced to bake a cake in violation of their conscience, but no one’s calling out Delta and American for intolerance towards hunters on this one? Hunters will just have to find another airline, and the gays can just find another baker, too… right?

I don't get you people!! Because hunting is wrong, and being gay is not. Dumb butt. :)

Hombre
08-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Gotta say I don't get the cake thing either.....please elaborate why any business should be forced to provide something against their will. <--- That is not even the biggest question though....my bigger question is why would anyone want a cake made by an establishment that clearly doesn't want to make you one....Go to another cake shop...if its just to make a point that's ridiculous.

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2015, 01:28 PM
^^^^^^the same reason you don't eff with the teenager that's in the back making or delivering your damned pizza.

The groom on your cake might be made of poop.

BKB

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 01:42 PM
All grooms are poop.

Maybe not on that day........but eventually.

FooBang
08-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Thump,
I buy all kinds of stuff with my United miles. So far, I have a 32 inch flat-screen, AppleTV, Nexus tablet, binoculars, PlayStation 3... Probably some other stuff laying around. Those 12 hours flights gotta be worth something!

Hombre
08-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Foo, I do a lot of 12-14 hour flights and never get anything but flight tickets...I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 05:21 PM
You people live/work in funny places.

I retired with a few miles. Gave 'em to my daughter. She blew 'em on stupid things like.............flying places!