PDA

View Full Version : Back to work

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 09:54 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dollar6-eggs-could-be-on-the-way/ar-BBloy9I

First milk.
Then hamburger (I don't even eat steak anymore).
now eggs.

That sorta rules out pancakes and cake.

Gasoline (fuel) is down from 'insanity' to 'can't afford'.

Medicare is going up in 2016 to possible astronomical levels. SS has ZERO percent increase. Health insurance going through the roof!

Walmart has dropped the 'greeter' program!!

I don't even remember what I DID for a living, and have no current skills. But I gotta do something soon. Kids have destroyed my IRA, and I have helped.

Hopefully I just won't live much longer...........geez.

Thumper
08-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if I could raise chickens and sell eggs on eBay? :D

No-till Boss
08-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Bucky, you'd be the bad santa of Walmart greeters anyway.

Big Muddy
08-05-2015, 10:36 AM
That's interesting you said that Thump....three of our local high school girls, started raising free-ranging laying hens a couple of years ago to make extra spending money....they have a lot of varieties of chickens, and did a little advertising as "organic" eggs for sale (there's that expensive word "organic", again)....I know their parents, and the kids are hard workers....they are making LOTS more than just spending money, now....all three have put off college for a while, and are devoting all their efforts to their thriving egg business.

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2015, 10:43 AM
I must know four people who live in town and country type neighborhoods, but definitely not 'country', that have pet chickens. The coops look like they'd cost you an arm and a leg.

I wonder what they did with all the carcasses from the chickens they killed because of the avian bird virus in the midwest? That's a lot of chickens.

BKb

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Bucky, you'd be the bad santa of Walmart greeters anyway.

I wouldn't have lasted two hours. I'd wouldn't have greeted a soul. I'd have been busy repairing the wheels on the carts.

Nandy
08-05-2015, 05:09 PM
[url]
Walmart has dropped the 'greeter' program!!

What!!!! No, no, no, that was my retirement plan for extra money... dang it, back to the board.... Maybe cappy can land me a job as greeter in BPS but I would end up spending my check before I get it then....

Captain
08-05-2015, 05:16 PM
What!!!! No, no, no, that was my retirement plan for extra money... dang it, back to the board.... Maybe cappy can land me a job as greeter in BPS but I would end up spending my check before I get it then....

You just don't know how true that statement is. :D

Nandy
08-05-2015, 09:15 PM
ohh believe me, I know!!!!