PDA

View Full Version : *SNORT* Here's your NON-GMO Stuff

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 01:44 PM
And I was headed to the store, seriously considering making some homemade salsa!!

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/hea...?intcmp=hplnws

a partial quote of the article:

...... More than 380 people in 26 U.S. states have been diagnosed with a stomach illness tied to Mexican cilantro contaminated by human waste, two federal agencies said Tuesday.

It's the fourth consecutive summer in which the intestinal infection cyclosporiasis has been reported in the United States. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration are investigating the cause of the latest outbreak, which appears to have begun after May 1.

The FDA said it suspects the contamination came from "contact with the parasite shed from the intestinal tract of humans" in the growing fields, contaminated water or harvesting, processing and packing activities. It causes diarrhea, nausea and fatigue which can last several weeks to a month or more if untreated.

Preliminary results indicate cases in Texas and Wisconsin can be traced to cilantro from the state of Puebla, Mexico, which was supplied to restaurants at which some of those who became ill dined, the FDA said Tuesday in an updated posting on its website.

Georgia reported clusters of the illness to the CDC. Federal officials said people were sickened in 26 states but declined to name the others.

Previous U.S. outbreaks of the illness have been linked to imported fresh produce, including cilantro from the same region in Mexico which was the subject of a partial ban imposed by the FDA on July 27.

Cilantro imported from the state of Puebla was linked to outbreaks of the stomach illnesses in the United States in 2012, 2013 and last year, the FDA said.......

Now we have Mexican alien herbs and veggies attacking us.

Thumper
08-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Two things in that article I don't understand:

1) Georgia reported clusters of the illness to the CDC. Federal officials said people were sickened in 26 states but declined to name the others.

WHY??

and 2) Cilantro imported from the state of Puebla was linked to outbreaks of the stomach illnesses in the United States in 2012, 2013 and last year, the FDA said.......

Ummm, that's FOUR years in a row! Don't you think the FDA would ban imports from Puebla? Or at minimum, target produce from that state for 100% inspection?

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 01:59 PM
What????

You idiot! You dumbass! What a heretic!

Claiming that a legitimate agency of the US Federal Government is inefficient at their main task!!?????????????

Who do you think you are?????????

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I can 100% certify that the cilantro I use was grown in Oklahoma. On 138th East Ave in Owasso, Ok to be precise.

And no poop was used and no animals were harmed in the production of said cilantro.

Try it. Its great with giant elephant penises.

BKB

Buckrub
08-05-2015, 02:39 PM
writing this down...........

ok, is that the peni of giant elephants, or giant peni from any elephant?

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Hint, you can tell by the size of their trunks.

BKB

Nandy
08-05-2015, 04:47 PM
lol ^^^^^

quercus alba
08-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Now is that the penis of Loxodonta Africana or Loxodonta Cyclotis? Subspecies and habitat do make a difference in size and preparation

No-till Boss
08-05-2015, 05:35 PM
http://nurse.farm/1uBdLYb

Hombre
08-05-2015, 06:22 PM
BBP - How do you keep your cilantro from bolting in the hot weather....mine does here and it isn't hot.

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Its on the back porch in a pot. Gets almost no direct sun.

BKB

Thumper
08-05-2015, 08:28 PM
So, if it was able to get out of that pot and off the porch, do you think it would bolt? ;)

Captain
08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
What other stuff you got growing in pots on the back porch?

Thumper
08-05-2015, 08:35 PM
You mean those pot pots?