PDA

View Full Version : I really need Windows 10 help

Buckrub
08-06-2015, 06:40 PM
I absolutely can NOT disable the touchpad in Windows 10. No way.

Every Google I do tells me there's setting in Mouse Settings to do this, but mine is not there. There is ONE website with a download for ASUS computers to make this work. I download it and it almost installs then every single time goes to "Windows cannot complete download".

When I type on this laptop, all kinds of crap jumps up on the screen because my palms are hitting the trackpad. I can NOT disable it.

Who thinks this stuff up?

How do I go back to my old OS? ARRRggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Buckrub
08-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Now the cursor is jumping all over, and it's automatically erasing half of what I type.

I can't live with this.

Captain
08-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Buy Apple

Buckrub
08-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Don't have your money. Sorry.

Buckrub
08-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Buy me one.

Captain
08-06-2015, 06:52 PM
You could afford one if you didn't have to drive a zillion miles to find commode parts for your camper. :D

Buckrub
08-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I have taped a piece of cardboard over the trackpad. It has helped, but isn't solving it 100%.

What a joke.

Does anyone at Microsoft have a clue? Just a small clue?? Anyone???

Buckrub
08-06-2015, 06:53 PM
You could afford one if you didn't have to drive a zillion miles to find commode parts for your camper. :D

But I do.

SO I can't.

Dang. If I type a few letters, it erases what I type............this is insane.

If I were rich, I wouldn't be poor. If I didn't buy a four wheeler, I'd have more money, but I did, so I don't. If I didn't have to pay my electric bill, I'd have more money, but I do so I don't.

Can a man buy a new laptop WITHOUT a track pad???? No, I don't want a tablet, sorry.

LJ3
08-06-2015, 08:23 PM
I haven't installed and will not install it for at least 6 months. You're asking for nothing but trouble going that early. Sorry I can't help!

Arty
08-06-2015, 08:26 PM

That's not fair.

He's got himself a golden good Sam senior discount card!

LJ3
08-06-2015, 08:47 PM
It's most likely a driver issue. When you install a new microsoft OS it's going to replace all your proprietary drivers with windows versions. I'd scour the ASUS support forums to see if anyones hit the problem yet. You'll need to learn how to reinstall the touchpad drivers that came with the machine.

Buckrub
08-06-2015, 08:52 PM
It's most likely a driver issue. When you install a new microsoft OS it's going to replace all your proprietary drivers with windows versions. I'd scour the ASUS support forums to see if anyones hit the problem yet. You'll need to learn how to reinstall the touchpad drivers that came with the machine.

Thanks. But before you do that, know that this won't work:

http://superuser.com/questions/867620/disable-trackpad-on-windows-10

Also, tell Bill Gates to stop advertising that this version of Windows allows disabling the Touchpad by a setting, when my version does not.

LJ3
08-06-2015, 10:10 PM
fnct F9 should disable it. Fnct F9 no longer works cause microsoft done replaced the driver for it. Mr. Gates knows what's best for you. He's fundamentally changing the way we compute.