PDA

View Full Version : Trump

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Donald Trump is nothing, if not an accurate reflection of Republican ideology. And now they can't get away fast enough, but they're afraid if he runs as an independent they'll lose to, gasp, Hillary!

All in the name of political correctness, what the establishment thinks are the right issues strategically, and what appears to be a strong wish to be just like the Democrats when it comes to reining in theor candidates to fit what Fox News thinks they ought to be.

I think Trump is going to surprise some folks. He might not win the nomination but he's sure as hell shaping what issues are being talked about.

BKB

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 12:49 PM
If Fox News tells me what to think and I bite, does ABC and NBC tell you????

Bitter Barry.

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Like I said......Isaac Asimov's "Mule".

And if he runs as an independent, they probably will lose to Hillary. And that can't happen. If it does, life won't continue as we know it. Gasp all you want.

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Show mw where I said Fox News was telling you what to think. I said they're trying to partake in the RNC strategy to shape the nomination process. Trump doesn't fit their mold. But my point is he more closely fits the Conservative ideology than the grey suited drones that were on stage with him. And HE is deciding what gets talked about, not Fox News. That pisses them off. He won't go away so easy.

Conservatives I know are pissed off at how Fox targeted Trump at the debate. I think he'll go up in the polls.

Quandary time.

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 01:14 PM
OH.

Why am I misunderstanding you all the time lately?

And one more thing.........

Why am I misunderstanding you all the time lately?

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 01:16 PM
I like Chaos in politics. He's the coolest thing to happen in a long time. Plus he says a FEW things I agree with (a lot of 'em do, though). He can't win, I don't think. But boy is he stirring the mud up at the bottom.

Did you see this?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/verizon-will-drop-phone-contracts-end-discounted-phones/ar-BBluR6B

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Yep, doesn't really affect me. I have a phone that has way more stuff on it than I'll ever need and prolly won't upgrade unless they offer me a really good, almost give it to me, deal. And I have a pay as you go voice plan and a small data plan. I think I pay $60 bucks a month and I've yet to have to pay for usage.

All the carriers are looking for ways to get you pregnant with their stuff so you won't change carriers for a cheaper rate. The more you have invested, the more pregnant you are. I plan to stay minimum as far as wireless goes.

BKB

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Wrong thread, but I'm probably the one mixed up.

:)

It affects me if they don't reduce the monthly bill AND make me pay full price for the phone........... No one, including you, can keep a phone forever. I have no intention of changing, but you never know.........

Big Muddy
08-08-2015, 02:36 PM
I haven't made my mind up, yet, about anybody on the Repub. side....but, the Repubs. have sure fielded a group of mostly respectable and intelligent people....and, I really liked the debate format.

Captain
08-08-2015, 02:57 PM
I think I pay $60 bucks a month and I've yet to have to pay for usage. BKB

You would actually have to ANSWER IT and RETURN calls to have an overage.... :D

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Bam

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Tapped in to anger

By Mike Masterson

This article was published today at 2:39 a.m.

Comment (1)
aAFont Size

The Donald Trump phenomenon surging through the ranks of many conservative Americans isn't difficult to comprehend. I'd bet at least 60 percent of us are fed up with the deceit, political agendas and the wholesale loss of trust in our elected government and the cash-corrupted system we've allowed to assume control over our nation's leadership.

Credibility also has evaporated. We listen today to carefully parsed words of candidates after they've been massaged by their "handlers" and roll our eyes at the resulting "political correctness" designed not to offend anyone. Few conservative candidates express what they really mean for fear of being smeared and ridiculed over one misplaced syllable and victimized by the spin of a national press hostile to their beliefs.

So we wind up with the kind of process we've allowed. Big money in the form of campaign contributions and lucrative gratitudes for official "kindnesses" overshadow everything. What's the first thing we hear from news pundits about candidates? How much money they've raised. There's no discussion of their character, integrity or beliefs--just how much others have given them in laughable support of "good government!"

Love or hate him, Trump speaks unfiltered English. He doesn't mind if his handlers or the GOP hierarchy cringe. I doubt he has handlers. As a result, this unlikely candidate for president has tapped deep in to the national anger and frustration to gain favor with a lot of honesty-starved Americans beyond fed up with the dishonest gruel they've been spoon-fed for years.

When it comes to this billionaire, I imagine a telephone discussion about Trump between two people of opposing political persuasions could go something like this:

What do you think about Donald Trump running for president?

"That clown with poofy hair! Ha, ha ha, ha ha ha!"

Did you hear Trump say he doesn't need to peddle his honor and integrity to the lobbyists and big political contributors waiting to yank his chain of influence? His empire of 9 billion dollars generated through many free-enterprise projects means he doesn't want their corruptive money.

"Yeah, and he tells everyone how much money he has! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!"

Did you know Trump said he'd make returning jobs and overtaxed U.S. industries from other countries to America a top priority? He even predicted he'd become justifiably known as the jobs president.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha!"

Did you hear Trump say as president he'd also build a wall along our ridiculously porous Southern border with Mexico and have Mexico pay to erect it?

"Ha, ha ha!!"

Did you hear Trump say he'd have zero tolerance for the savages known as ISIS and would use whatever means necessary as the U.S. president to erase their threat?

"He's never served in the military! Ha, ha!"

Did you know Trump said our elected leaders have failed the American people and no longer put the needs of citizens above their own political party's agendas and self interests? He claims he'd make America great again.

"Ha!"

Did you see that Trump doesn't kowtow to the bully-boy national media types intent on ridiculing him as they so transparently promote and protect one party's agenda at the expense of objectivity and truth?

(Inaudible mumble.)

And, oh yeah, did you hear Trump is leading GOP polls by a wide margin?

Hello? Still there?

airbud7
08-08-2015, 03:18 PM
True Stuff right there^....Take it or leave it.

Arty
08-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Here ya go

airbud7
08-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Roast Beef

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 04:33 PM
I would make a Reuben. A) I don't like them, and B) they take forever to make.

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Back to the OP. Read this:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/2016-contenders-criticize-trump-for-remarks/ar-BBlvRcy

I think there is little chance for Trump's ego to allow him to remain a part of the GOP process. He will throw his hands up soon and announce he's going it alone.

Meanwhile, Hillary is like all things Clinton........without lifting a finger, or doing anything to renounce her foibles (just for Len) and idiocy and lies, she can sit back and not say a word and gain and gain and gain.

Republicans will go down as blowing the best chance they ever had for a 70% landslide, and possibly sliding into obscurity. That's a radical outcome, but very possible. For sure, they've shot themselves in the foot........leg..........arm........side.......... by not even knowing who they are. They remind me of a certain church which I will not name.......let anyone in, embrace everybody, denounce nothing, be as general as possible........about which the Lord said he couldn't stand such lukewarmness, and he's spit 'em out of his mouth.......and the American Voter is about to do the same with these guys. Having nowhere else to turn, however, they may all just go fishing.

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2015, 09:54 PM
I think this Red State guy disinviting Trump at 'his' meeting was a big mistake and think Trump will surge in the polls this week among conservatives. If it was me, I'd look at it like this Red State fellow decided I couldn't decide for myself about Trump so he'd decide for me because he knew better. Fuck him. Put him on and let me make up my own mind.

Anyway. I guess the rebelious side comes out once in a while. You Republicans are too damned docile.

BKB

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Chaos reigns.

and rains.

and reins.

but a full 15 months to go. Pat Paulsen might be ahead by then.

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Or Lynden LaRoushe!

BKB

quercus alba
08-08-2015, 10:10 PM
he's been dead since 97...............I'd still vote for him over Hillary

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 10:11 PM
I have to take medicine and go to bed.

QA posted on a political thread.

Of course, it IS 9:11 P.M.!!!

quercus alba
08-08-2015, 10:13 PM
but I was talking about a comedian.

oh wait, that's the same thing as a politician

Buckrub
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM
shuffle shuffle

side step

dance

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2015, 10:22 PM
The Pat Paulsen Show came on after school when I was a kid. He was one of the first 'zany humor' guys to really make it on TV. I watched him damn near every day.

Thumper
08-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Ha! I remember him well, but don't remember the Pat Paulson Show. (never heard of it actually) I only remember him from the Smothers Brothers Show but I know he did his own comedy gigs around the country. Learn sumpin' new every day.

BarryBobPosthole
08-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Thump, it was called The Half a Comdy Hour.

BKB

Thumper
08-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Oh, ok ... I just Googled it. I guess it came and went so fast, I never caught it. He was a funny guy ..

Pat Paulsen's Half a Comedy Hour is an American half-hour television variety show that ran on ABC-TV on Thursdays nights at 7:30 p.m. from January 22, 1970 to April 16, 1970 .... the show was cancelled after 13 episodes.

quercus alba
08-08-2015, 11:11 PM
diidn't he have a tractor turn over on him and nearly kill him?

Thumper
08-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Don't remember that ... he died of cancer. He was diagnosed as incurable and going down to Mexico for treatments, but I think he died down there.

Chicken Dinner
08-09-2015, 08:14 AM
I think this Red State guy disinviting Trump at 'his' meeting was a big mistake and think Trump will surge in the polls this week among conservatives. If it was me, I'd look at it like this Red State fellow decided I couldn't decide for myself about Trump so he'd decide for me because he knew better. Fuck him. Put him on and let me make up my own mind. Anyway. I guess the rebelious side comes out once in a while. You Republicans are too damned docile. BKB

I disagree. The bottom line is that Trump isn't a conservative. 15 months before the election people may enjoy watching him poke the establishment with a stick. At the end of the day, he stands for nothing and is just a side show.

Captain
08-09-2015, 08:39 AM
I agree with Chicken Dinner's disagree.....

quercus alba
08-09-2015, 08:42 AM
when I look at all the clowns in washington I think politics in general is one big side show at the taxpayers expense

Captain
08-09-2015, 08:43 AM
And it gets MORE and MORE expensive every passing president.

Thumper
08-09-2015, 08:50 AM
I agree also. It's fun to WATCH the sideshow and see the establishment squirm ... but I hope he disappears before we get serious about the elections. By that time we'll have already had a sideshow in the Whitehouse for 8 years and it will be time for a REAL change by then ... I just hope it's not Trump. The leadership of this country has been a total embarrassment for the past two terms and it's time for this country to have something to be proud of again.

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2015, 08:54 AM
I've read a lot of comments here about politics from conservatives. I live in the reddest state in the union and read and hear conservative viewpoints every day. I also see the memes and the comments made about our current president on social networks. I have to tell you, none of what I hear from the conservatives Sounds like what the other twelve candidates are saying. They all sound just like Donald Trump. Either conservatives have a huge double standard or they really don't believe what's coming out of their mouths.

BKB

Captain
08-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Well let's just say for me it ain't WHAT he's saying its HOW he's saying it.
The straw that broke my back was when he talked shit about John McCain.

No-till Boss
08-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Well let's just say for me it ain't WHAT he's saying its HOW he's saying it.
The straw that broke my back was when he talked shit about John McCain.

Trump's definition of a hero was really text book, and I can see that. However, I don't think he should have said it either.

Buckrub
08-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I've read a lot of comments here about politics from conservatives. I live in the reddest state in the union and read and hear conservative viewpoints every day. I also see the memes and the comments made about our current president on social networks. I have to tell you, none of what I hear from the conservatives Sounds like what the other twelve candidates are saying. They all sound just like Donald Trump. Either conservatives have a huge double standard or they really don't believe what's coming out of their mouths.

BKB

NOT trying to force an argument. But I read stuff like your bold comments above (my bolding) and I furrow my brow. ha.

I don't understand how you arrive at such conclusions. I just don't get it. Now, Cappy is right that a lot of it is HOW he says it. But ain't NO other GOP guy saying build a fence in Texas and make Mexico pay for it!!! And that's just one. Makes me wonder if you're not just tuning out all GOP comments.

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2015, 09:36 AM
I guess you have to figure out what is more important in a president: being right in everything you say or do or not being honest and keeping what you really think to yourself in fear of losing anyone's vote.

BKB

Buckrub
08-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Comic Relief.

That's the most important characteristic.

Otherwise, they all spend MY money on YOU and THEM somehow!!! :)

Buckrub
08-09-2015, 09:39 AM
P.S.
If I had to choose a POTUS out of this bunch, and I got my way............I'd pick Ben Carson or Marco Rubio........and hope the other was VEEP.

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2015, 09:40 AM
NOT trying to force an argument. But I read stuff like your bold comments above (my bolding) and I furrow my brow. ha.

I don't understand how you arrive at such conclusions. I just don't get it. Now, Cappy is right that a lot of it is HOW he says it. But ain't NO other GOP guy saying build a fence in Texas and make Mexico pay for it!!! And that's just one. Makes me wonder if you're not just tuning out all GOP comments.

Once again you ain't read a thing of what I actually wrote. what I said was what I am hearing conservatives say, my friends, acquaintances, friends of friends, etc, (not politicians) is more in line with Trump than any of the other republican candidates.

BKB

Buckrub
08-09-2015, 09:44 AM
OK, I've admitted I'm misunderstanding you a lot.

But that is NOT what you said, man!

You said all the GOP candidates sound just like Trump. I even bolded that sentence!!

????

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Uh, no I didn't but never mind.

BKB

Buckrub
08-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Guess I don't understand. I am honestly trying.

What does this mean, then?

They all sound just like Donald Trump.

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2015, 10:15 AM

BKB

I'm saying what Trump says sounds exactly like what the conservatives I spoke about in my first sentence are saying, NOT what the other candidates are saying.

BKB

Buckrub
08-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Oh. I took your word "conservatives" to mean the other candidates, not your friends.

I see now. But you really need an editor. What does it pay?

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2015, 10:30 AM
With your reading comprehension lately, maybe you should pay me.

BKB

Buckrub
08-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Now I ain't about to admit that one was my fault. You are being vague with your hominems and hyperboles. You shoulda said "My conservative FRIENDS", or "the conservative CANDIDATES", whichever one you meant.

But I'm sure I'd end up paying you either way. I'm pretty gullible.

Big Muddy
08-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Actually, MY man isn't even in the race....I'll take Trey Gowdy, any day of the week....he doesn't take sheeit off of ANYBODY....and, I just hope he finds that elusive needle in the haystack, which will finally put Hillary out to pasture.

FooBang
08-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Like I said......Isaac Asimov's "Mule".

And if he runs as an independent, they probably will lose to Hillary. And that can't happen. If it does, life won't continue as we know it. Gasp all you want.

I'm gonna run with the mule theory. This is too well orchestrated. Some goofy thing in the paper everyday and he quickly rises to the top, grabs some solid votes and runs off to a 3rd party. Democratic president in the bag!