PDA

View Full Version : Posty and Cards01?

Buckrub
08-10-2015, 04:32 PM
A day off question..........

OK, not sure about y'all, but one of the most frustrating things about watching almost every game is the commercials. By May, I've seen 'em all. But they keep showing the same ones, over and over, inning after inning!

But there's one that makes no sense. I get the general gist.........but I don't know what is truly going on.

The American Standard HVAC commercial............. this little girl is playing Hide and Seek. I get it that the gist is "You can stay indoors and have fun". I get that.

But the little girl starts by being in the corner........she comes out to start 'seeking' and the first thing she sees is her Mother, holding a big picture in front of her. THEN the mother is instantaneously behind the couch, and making a face at the kid like "No, not me" or something. I don't get that.

Then she goes through the rest of the house. She sees her Dad, dressed in drag no less, and he looks right at her. Can she not see him? If she isn't looking for him, why is he dressed to hide from her? Then the dog has found something under the bed, but the kid doesn't stop. ??? THEN, her brother is hiding among the stuffed animals, but she goes on again.

Can you explain what these people are doing please??????

BarryBobPosthole
08-10-2015, 07:30 PM
I don't remember seeing that one. Maybe we get different ads. Of course I get the Bommarito Ford ones and the ones with Whitey pimping union painters and paper hangers and the ones for Schnooks grovery stores. Mike Matheny's ads are tons better than the LaRussa ones were.

BKB

Buckrub
08-10-2015, 07:35 PM
I see those.
Watch for that one tomorrow and tell me. I know, it's a phobia or something, but it's driving me insane.

Captain
08-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Is this it Bucky?
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/72FE/american-standard-hide-and-seek#

This is the narrative that goes with the commercial....
"Description
Family plays hide and seek with their daughter. She finds the adults, but where is that sneaky brother of hers?"

Thumper
08-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Weird maybe, but it makes perfect sense to me. Maybe it's one of those things you need to walk away from, sleep on it, and come back to it. Kinda like P-hole's fishing reel cleaning job. ;)

Now, the REALLY weird part about that commercial is the advertising firm that made it. Carmichael Lynch!! (no wonder you don't get it) :D

<div style="position:relative;width:100%;padding-top:56.25%;padding-bottom:40px;"><iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;right:0;left:0;bottom:0;wi dth:100%;height:100%;" src="http://www.ispot.tv/share/72FE" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></div>

Captain
08-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Bucky I THINK the girl did not see her mom behind the picture but did find her behind the couch. Her father was standing sideways in the closet wearing a dress suppose to "fit" in (hide) with the rest of the clothes. So she's nailed two of them. The dog was suppose to be hiding under the bed but did not realize his ass-end was hanging out. The brother was the only one she did not find.
At least that's my take on it.

Thumper
08-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Bucky I THINK the girl did not see her mom behind the picture but did find her behind the couch. Her father was standing sideways in the closet wearing a dress suppose to "fit" in (hide) with the rest of the clothes. So she's nailed two of them. The dog was suppose to be hiding under the bed but did not realize his ass-end was hanging out. The brother was the only one she did not find.

That is how the commercial went, but the GIST of the whole thing is explaining that it's so comfortable in the house due to the American Standard heating & a/c system, the kids would rather stay in the house to play instead of going outside. I mean, it's an A/C ad afterall.

No-till Boss
08-10-2015, 09:31 PM
It's cool enough inside to plays game other than your cell phones ?

Buckrub
08-10-2015, 10:26 PM

Makes sense.

Cards01
08-11-2015, 07:57 AM
ok

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2015, 09:05 AM
For the most part, commercials don't register on me at all. My brain just checks out.