PDA

View Full Version : Selling my SKS

Nandy
08-11-2015, 06:52 PM
For a long time I have been wanting to buy an AR-15 and now they are a bit more affordable I might pull the "trigger", lol! I would like to sell my SKS which I have a few upgrade on it and a few upgrades bought that I have yet to install. That sks is a good "shit hit the fan" type gun but i want something more accurate and if our boys go around the world with the 5.56 caliber Im good with it too.. Of course, If I could get a hold of an AK47 afterwards i would not turn it down...

Anyway, I wan to maximize the money I can get but have no idea if selling online and what site to use might be the best way. The deal will include a few hundred of mixed ammo. I have a dealer that dont charge much when it comes to do the transfer. Im definitely not doing a pawn shop because they wont give me crap. I have thought about going to the gun shows but I really dont enjoy those and cringe at the idea of spending a day or two in one of those.... Maybe I could use it as a trade in at a local store but I think if i get cash I might be better off buying my lower and upper separate online.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Buckrub
08-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Try Gunbroker.com

'Bout the only rifle left I want is a Mini 14..........

No-till Boss
08-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Try Gunbroker.com

'Bout the only rifle left I want is a Mini 14..........

This won't be popular, but I like my mini better than I ever did my AR. IMO, AR's are a fad thing.

Nandy
08-11-2015, 07:13 PM
This won't be popular, but I like my mini better than I ever did my AR. IMO, AR's are a fad thing.

Why wont it be popular, its your opinion, you are entitled to it.

Once I get off work I will check gunbroker, anyone has any other advise?

Thanks!

Captain
08-11-2015, 07:14 PM

I don't know that they are a fad, but I'm with you on the Mini 14. One of the few Rugers I like.
I've got a couple of AR's and they are basically for my Son. I really don't get into the whole "assault" looking rifles.
The Mini is great and the Ruger 10-22 is a good handy little .22. Have you seen the new 10-22 takedown? It's on my short list to have.

Captain
08-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Nandy Bass Pro does not take trade-ins. But I think the new cabelas just south of Charlotte does. I know the Gander Mountain in Monroe is a BIG gun store and takes in trades. I've heard the Cabelas really low balls trade in value but it would be worth a chance to get their price. There is a big gun shop in Rock Hill SC about 20 miles south on I-77. I hear they are pretty reasonable.

Thumper
08-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I've always been a huge Ruger fan, although I've owned all the major brands at one time or another. Like Cappy, I've never liked the "military style" firearms and the closest I ever owned was my mini-14 "Ranch Rifle" and it was one of my all-time favorite "shooters". I ALWAYS had a 10-22 as my "plinker" but Gator's son (Curt) now owns that rifle.

Thumper
08-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Nandy Bass Pro does not take trade-ins. But I think the new cabelas just south of Charlotte does. I know the Gander Mountain in Monroe is a BIG gun store and takes in trades. I've heard the Cabelas really low balls trade in value but it would be worth a chance to get their price. There is a big gun shop in Rock Hill SC about 20 miles south on I-77. I hear they are pretty reasonable.

By time you figure the FFL fee on BOTH ends, plus shipping ... it would give you a little bit of room for a little lower trade-in value.

No-till Boss
08-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I don't know that they are a fad, but I'm with you on the Mini 14. One of the few Rugers I like.
I've got a couple of AR's and they are basically for my Son. I really don't get into the whole "assault" looking rifles.
The Mini is great and the Ruger 10-22 is a good handy little .22. Have you seen the new 10-22 takedown? It's on my short list to have.

We're so much a like on things it's kinda scary. My daughter has a 10-22 but I really don't care for them. I think the mini is the only ruger I like. But my daughter loves hers !

No-till Boss
08-11-2015, 07:46 PM
And for the record, I have a super tricked out dtech upper chambered in a 243 WSSM on a rock river lower, if someone wants to buy a very over priced AR ...... The damn thing will flat out shoot too !

Captain
08-11-2015, 08:03 PM

Nandy
08-11-2015, 09:01 PM
I also have a 10-22 and a mini 14 is not out of the question. I have no intentions to get the ar 15 and have anything more than a scope on it, maybe a bump stock and the suppressor is still in the planning... But no lasers, lights, taped magazines, rocket launchers, flashlight, spotlights or alike mount to them. I have always liked the ar15 since I had the chance to spent time shooting the m-16 back in 1990 when I fell in love with gunpowder courtesy of uncle sam.