PDA

View Full Version : Oooops who' Thumper gonna use for "facts" now...

Captain
08-14-2015, 10:53 AM
CEO of Snopes arrested for fraud. Now what will Thumper do?
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/snopes-com-ceo-arrested-on-charges-of-fraud-and-corruption-t16805.html

Captain
08-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Maybe we should check with Snopes to see if this is true? :D

Buckrub
08-14-2015, 12:52 PM
"Snopes" is a man and a wife who (at least used to) live in a trailer in California.

http://www.snopes.com/info/aboutus.asp

HideHunter
08-14-2015, 01:08 PM
lol... yeah, probly not.. ;)

Nandy
08-14-2015, 05:14 PM
That report is just too juicy to be believable, not that I cant believe corruption, is just like what will happen in an snl sketch... funny!!!

Captain
08-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Yea it's a satire. But I was hoping Thumper would be along to snope the snope thread. But he went off good deal hunting.
Oh well.....

BarryBobPosthole
08-14-2015, 06:14 PM
"Snopes" is a man and a wife who (at least used to) live in a trailer in California.

http://www.snopes.com/info/aboutus.asp

i'm curious, what did Snopes find untrue that you posted as true. i mean besides, almost evrything?

seriously, did they poot in your toasties or something for you to hate them so?

bKB

Buckrub
08-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Wait, what???

I didn't do anything here. I didn't agree or disagree with the obviously satirical thread.

I simply stated a fact that Snopes is just two people, a man and his wife, in California. When I first researched them, they lived in a house trailer. Maybe they don't now, and I said I didn't know.

Where on earth did you derive anything from me that said I hated them?

BarryBobPosthole
08-14-2015, 06:19 PM
from earlier remarks about them here and there.

i've not found anything they've written about that was untrue. maybe they have and I haven't seen it, but I always thought it was a pretty cool 'service'.

bKB

Buckrub
08-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Geez.

I'm bowing out. I lose when not trying.

Glad you caught some fish.

Nandy
08-14-2015, 06:24 PM
i'm curious, what did Snopes find untrue that you posted as true. i mean besides, almost evrything?

seriously, did they poot in your toasties or something for you to hate them so?

bKB

Another award winner, I should make a medal just for Barry, he should be like the "GoodHunting Bucky SD'er Life Achievement Award" medal, heck, after 18 years of it he earned a trophy!!!

:GH Shit Disturber

There you go Barry!!!! lol!

I need to find a way to get that award to stick on their avatar....

Buckrub
08-14-2015, 06:29 PM
http://accuracyinpolitics.blogspot.com/2013/05/snopes-got-snoped.html

In fact, Googling "How reliable is Snopes?" led me to a lengthy list of stuff on both sides of the fence. Think I'll go read it.

Thumper
08-15-2015, 07:28 AM
from earlier remarks about them here and there.

i've not found anything they've written about that was untrue. maybe they have and I haven't seen it, but I always thought it was a pretty cool 'service'. bKB

I'm in agreement actually ... it is/was a very needed service and frankly, I'd many times use what I read there to further my research and, like you, I never really had much of a problem with finding their reports to be factual. Of course, I would NOT usually look up political bullshit, and it seems that may be where the main payola was coming from. What money could they possibly make from NOT debunking a story about Barry Bob P-hole catching a 3-headed half catfish and half trout in the Okie City sewer system?

It's just too bad that it appears money and greed may have ruined a much needed "service" on the internet.

Captain
08-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Yea it's a satire. But I was hoping Thumper would be along to snope the snope thread. But he went off good deal hunting. Oh well.....

You must skim read pUMpHEAD.
It AINT REAL. I just saw it and was pulling your chain.
You should have checked Snopes. :D

BarryBobPosthole
08-15-2015, 08:49 AM
gotcha!

bKB

Nandy
08-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Is saturday, he is slow today! lol!

Captain
08-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Yea, you "smelled" it out first.
I should have waited to post it when I knew Thump was around.

Thumper
08-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Gotta admit I've been BURIED trying to figure out the new OS for this computer (8.1) and haven't had time to do squat. (especially when I "thought" my laptop was out of commission) I still have a lot of work ahead of me and have no time to play. I'll get caught up next week I suppose. Should'a known not to believe ANYTHING a major SD'er comes up with! ;)

airbud7
08-15-2015, 01:17 PM
Hey Thump...You should install windows 10 and learn it instead of 8.1...its free and will be around for at least 5/6 years.

BarryBobPosthole
08-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Hey Thump...You should install windows 10 and learn it instead of 8.1...its free and will be around for at least 5/6 years.

His new Fiorinamobile won't last that long, Airbud.

BKB

airbud7
08-15-2015, 01:32 PM
His new Fiorinamobile won't last that long, Airbud.

BKB

Why?...does apple use a new processor made by someone other than intel/amd?

Thumper
08-15-2015, 04:08 PM

Airbud, I'm seriously considering that .... why learn a new system, then start all over with a different one? My only concern was everyone here who's tried it, bitched about it. I mentioned that to my salesman (they were going to install Win 10 on my new one) and he agreed maybe it would be best to wait a couple months until they get the bugs worked out. BUT ... I'm beginning to think 8.1 was written bt the debbil hisownself and can't see how 10 could be any worse than 8.1. I have to admit, I've hated EVERY new OS they've introduced over the years, so if I'd kept the attitude I have considering "change" ... I'd still have the MS-DOS O/S I had in the mid-80's on my very first home computer which used a 5 1/4" floppy disc! (Heck, I prolly still have a few of those discs stashed in a forgotten corner of a closet here someplace.) :(

I'm thinking I really should go ahead and upgrade to 10.