PDA

View Full Version : Did a Thumper this AM

jb
08-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Garage sales, estate sales usually are not my cup of tea, but this AM there was one just a few houses down from me so I walked over.
Lot of stuff, but most of which I already have, but a couple of things just caught my eye.
Bought two rod and reel combo's. One is a 9' Pro-Angler Custom Steelhead rod with some no name open face reel, the other R&R was a
7' Shakespeare Ugly Stick with a Shakespeare Mustang open face reel.
Both rods are like brand new, one foot ceramic guides, one with a cork handle, the other with foam.
Then the lady came up to me and said she'd throw in this with the deal.
Here's where I need your help, it's needs the mount, transducer and wires, I"m sure I can find some one flea-bay. Last time I owned one of these it was a Lawrence. I know it's old tech, but hey, so am I.
So how'd I do for a total of $10 ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jbmich/003_zpsiqs3bpuv.jpg

Hombre
08-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Some poor guy must of cheated....she's selling all his stuff while he's at work.

Cards01
08-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Sounds like you got a great deal.. Eagle is made by Lowrance so a lot of the cables and mounts are interchangeable.

airbud7
08-14-2015, 12:51 PM
You done good...real good...However...> Thumper would have jewed them down to $5

jb
08-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Poor guy is in a home for old farts with no memory, wife is moving into a old folks home where she doesn't have to mow the lawn.

Nandy
08-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Poor guy is in a home for old farts with no memory

Of course he has no memories, she is selling them all!!! lol!

Thumper
08-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Careful there Bubba, it can be addicting. I had one of those fish finders also. When my step-dad passed away, my mom sold his boat, which had the wiring harnesses and transponder mounted on it. I later found the fish finder in a bedroom closet along with the instruction book. I sold it on eBay and simply listed it as, "for parts or repair" and explained the circumstances. I'm SURE it worked, but had no way of testing it, so I listed it as I saw it.

Go out again next weekend and tell us what you find! ;)

In fact, my buddy will be here in a few mins. and we're heading back out to a couple of sales.

Captain
08-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Just that ugly stick alone would be worth more than you paid. Those are actually great rods. We use a lot of them striker fishing. Is it a one piece? (I like those better)
I'm Sure you can google the depth finder and get the wiring and transducer. I've ordered a couple over time for mine as I always use a trolling motor mount and have broken several.
Sounds like you got some good deals.