PDA

View Full Version : Cap and other interested Masons....

Big Muddy
08-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Cap, when we visited the Cotton Exchange building in Savannah, this really peaked my interest.....the door to the Lodge was locked, due to re-modeling, but some determined tourists would knock on the door, anyway, trying to visit the upper floors, where the Cotton Exchange was located.
A guy inside would come to the locked door, and tell them, "Sorry, the building is closed for re-modeling."....I stood around for a few minutes, and took some pics, but for some reason, I decided to make conversation with the guy thru the window of the door....after a few minutes of chatting, he said, "You are a Mason, aren't you???"....I affirmed that I was, and he unlocked the door, and invited me in....he, then, gave me a brief Masonic "examination."....he, and other Lodge members were doing all of the re-modeling, themselves....I really hate that the rest of my party couldn't enter, as well.
He gave me the full tour of the building, as well as their beautiful Lodge, and even allowed me to take a pic or two....the chair, which is being repaired, was used specifically by George Washington on his many visits to their Lodge....for those of you who don't know it, he was a Master Mason, also.

Captain
08-15-2015, 10:22 AM
That is strong work Eddie! I would really like to go there and visit myself.
Next time I'm down I'll look it up. Wonder when their regular stated is? It would be cool to sit in and watch the work.

Big Muddy
08-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Cap, I'm not positive, but I think I saw a sign that said they meet on the 3rd Thursday night of each month at 7:30 pm.

airbud7
08-15-2015, 01:28 PM
I wish i had join the masons when I was young...my x father in law (best man I ever knew) was a mason an suggested I could.
those fellers @ the N.Augusta lodge knew how to cook some damn good BBQ on the 4th.....really good Men.

Thumper
08-15-2015, 04:12 PM
I have a buddy who's a brick mason ... does that count? ;)

Big Muddy
08-15-2015, 04:56 PM
A brick mason or a block head???? ;););)

Captain
08-15-2015, 07:39 PM
I wish i had join the masons when I was young...my x father in law (best man I ever knew) was a mason an suggested I could. those fellers @ the N.Augusta lodge knew how to cook some damn good BBQ on the 4th.....really good Men.

No need to wait any longer. I assure if you would like to join just let Muddy or I know and we will handle it.
2B1ask1

Big Muddy
08-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Abud, just in the last couple of years, we've had several guys in their '60s join our Lodge....one of the most moving Lodge meetings I've ever seen was a father and son, getting their degrees together....so, don't let your age deter you from a great life-changing experience!!!