PDA

View Full Version : What I Learned on my Summer Vacation

LJ3
08-18-2015, 03:32 PM
(A) My wife is beautiful and I'm very lucky!
(2) The Grand Canyon is really cool!
(iii) Sedona Arizona is one of the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen
(IV) Vegas is still very cool, for two days at a time
(e) "Good" landscape photography is more difficult than I had anticipated
(6) Fucktards that pinch peoples credit card numbers will hopefully burn in eternal hellfire

5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427

Chicken Dinner
08-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Good times.

Thumper
08-18-2015, 03:54 PM
I think I've been to the Grand Canyon about 5-6 times and I NEVER run out of photo ops. Beauty is everywhere you look and photos just don't do it justice. I'm with you on the Vegas thing ... I've been there more times than I can count (bazillions maybe) and 2-3 day bursts are about perfect. Anything more than that, you need a good distraction. The good part is, distractions are everywhere if you know where to look.

Did you get your CC scammed?

Are you a married old fart now? ;)

No-till Boss
08-18-2015, 04:03 PM
Looks like a amazing time !

Nandy
08-18-2015, 04:34 PM
(A) My wife is beautiful and I'm very lucky!

Dont you forget about it!!!!!

Love the landscape!!!!

Dont understand the "pinch" cc thing...

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2015, 04:56 PM
We were headed from Tampa (MacDill AFB ) to a little shithole called Mormon Mesa, Nevada to play in a a big JCS exercize called Brave Shield, in three C5A's which were at the time the brand spanking new AF MAC flying freighters. The commander of the flight got permission and we flew right down the maw of the Grand Canyon probably 500 feet above the rim. There weren't many windows but I managed to get a full view off one side and it was pretty damned spectacular. that's my only time to see it and I wanna gho back some day and walk it. I also want to see what's in the river that runs through it. There's supposed to be some dynamite hikes there. Did you see any of the indian ruins while you were there?

And congrats I 'noticed' (bein the noticer I am). That's cool as shit!

BKB

jb
08-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Great pic's.
The only time I saw the GC was in Aug of 64. We were headed to our two week summer camp at 29 Palms CA. We were aboard a commercial airliner, the pilot dipped his wings both left and right so everyone could get a view.
Not to long after he came on the PA and said " I know I have a company of Marines aboard, so you may be interested in the news that just came across our radio.
US Navy ships were just attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin, when we land in LA we'll discharge the civilians and the we'll take you guys on to Viet Nam.
Big hush fell over the plane and we all were asking "where the fu-- is Viet Nam. Not to much longer he came back on the radio and said "Got Ya"
An so it began.

LJ3
08-18-2015, 09:13 PM
Yes :)

And yes! Some fucker did me wrong. I have ZERO idea how they did it but someone got enough of my info to change my email address & mailing address for my USAA credit Union account and expedited a new ATM card to themselves for my joint savings account.

Thankfully, USAA and my Credit monitoring setup caught it right away but holy shit, it was quite a task to get everything upright again.

Nandy
08-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Holy fuck!!!!!

Thumper
08-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Batman!