PDA

View Full Version : Whoever invented Go-Lyte.....

Big Muddy
08-19-2015, 09:11 AM
I had my colonoscopy, yesterday....4 polyps removed....same as from 6 years, ago....still gotta wait out the biopsies, however, but doc said nothing to worry about....hope he's correct.

In the meantime, I'd like to torture, whoever invented Go-Lyte....I'd make him drink a gallon of that nasty sheeit, three times a day, and make him sheeit himself to death !!! ;)

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Mine is next spring.

Thank you for getting one. TOO MANY people put this off. The odds of me dying of cancer (if my heart doesn't get me) is high. But this ONE cancer you CAN prevent with a reasonable degree of success. Yet so many won't do it........mostly because A) they fear the day before and B) they think they'll feel it. I MAKE 'em knock me out!!! Required!!!

As for the day before, if you have Microscopic Colitis like I do, those days are fairly common in your life anyway. Just another day at the office!!! Heck, I was in the hospital in May for 5 days with that.

I read a lot. :)

BarryBobPosthole
08-19-2015, 09:22 AM
i just changed doctors and met with his nurse this week. One of the first things she told me was to let me know we'd be scheduling a colonoscopy.

BKB

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 09:31 AM
I have had six, count 'em, six...........Gastroenterologists. Six.

Well, now 7, cause number 6 was the best and I thought last one........until he retired last Christmas!! I BEGGED!

None of them could figure out my issues. They figured out Diverticulitis, which is what put me in the hospital last May, that was easy. But every single one of them said "I THINK you have Chron's, but every test says no".

Finally found one that knew what he was doing. He did a slow methodical colonoscopy, while taking a biopsy every few inches. My wife was in there watching the whole time!!! (I told you she was different. She says she now knows me inside and out). Well that was what it took........because what I have can't be seen without a microscope. Thus, Microscopic Colitis. Intacourt (Budesonide) is the only thing that helps, but I can't take that daily!!! Plus it's $3,000 a month! My only saving grace is that my COPD is acting up so much lately that the GP doc put me on Symbicort...........which, by the Grace of God, has Budesonide in it!!!

I digress.

Stomach doctors are a dime a dozen. IF you have serious problems, like I do, keep going till you find one. But any of them can do a colonoscopy and clip off polyps. SO PLEASE DO THAT.

Thumper
08-19-2015, 09:44 AM
I've had three (started at 52) and had one every 5 years with a clean bill of health. Last year was my third one and the doc said he cut out so many polyps he quit counting after 20! Now I'm on a yearly schedule and my next one is next month. The exam is a piece of cake ... the prepping the night before ... well, let's just say I agree with Muddy's wish in the first post. :(

Big Muddy
08-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Actually, when I picked up my gallon of Go-Lyte at the drug store, the pharmacist told me that I didn't really have to drink it all....just drink enough of it, until everything came out clear, and throw out the rest....so, actually, I only had to drink about 60% of it, and that did it.... everything come out clear. ;)

And, my female anesthesia nurse was a jar-head....a good-looking blonde, with a body to match....before I could even say, "semper fi", my azz was asleep. ;)

After I woke up, got my report, and dressed, I felt great, and was starving....I told my wife to stop at the first place that sold any type of food....I think I ordered everything on Arby's menu!!! ;)

Nandy
08-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Arbys, heck, im gone to Long Horn, or something like that and pig out big time!!!! Mine needs to be scheduled...

Big Muddy
08-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Our Long Horn has been quarantined for heptitis. ;)

LJ3
08-20-2015, 09:52 AM
We love to complain about the cleanse before the colonoscopy but that shit does it's job pretty well, from the 3 times I've used it. Just don't go far from the toilet and it's all good.

Big Muddy
08-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Yep, sheeit happens.!!!!! ;)

No-till Boss
08-20-2015, 11:12 AM
I had my first one last year at 51, and he said I was the perfect asshole ...... so I guess I'm all good ! Said, see you in 10 !

Thumper
08-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Dang No-Till, 10 is a bit of a stretch I think. I haven't checked recently to see if recommendations have changed, but when I had my first (at 52) I got a clean bill of health and was told to re-check every 5 years. As I said above, the first two (52 & 57 yrs) were clean as a whistle, but on my third check-up (62-yrs) I was loaded with polyps! The doc said he quit counting at 20 and just kept cutting. I'm now on an annual schedule and have my 4th (63-yrs) next month. The point is, there was only a 5 year gap between NOTHING ... and more than the doc cared to count. I'd be a little nervous if I'd had a 10 year stretch between those check-ups. You may want to re-think the frequency there ... just to be safe.

BarryBobPosthole
08-20-2015, 04:02 PM
i'd say that depends on when your doc's next boat payment is due.

bKB