PDA

View Full Version : Name five things that you desire.....

Big Muddy
08-19-2015, 10:30 AM
I got to thinking about this, yesterday, while sitting in the waiting room of my butt doctor:

Name five qualities or platforms that you would desire for our next POTUS....ya'll may even have more than five....I've already made my list, but would like to hear ya'lls.

LJ3
08-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Strength, intelligence, honesty, follow-through, action.

Hahahahahahahahaha, woo. That's a good'n.

Thumper
08-19-2015, 11:00 AM
1) Honesty (ha ha ha ha ha!)
2) Intelligence
3) Ability to Delegate (example: let our GENERALS run our wars, not fellow politicians)
4) Accountability [I don't want to hear "It's (fill in the blank) Bush's/Republican's/Democrat's/etc. fault"!]
5) Decisiveness (if you're gonna do it, fuckin' DO IT!)

Big Muddy
08-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Well, I've thought about this quite a bit, and here's a few things I've come up with:

I want a president who:

1. has high moral standards....doesn't have to be perfect; nobody is.
2. is 100% patriotic and truly loves the USA.
3. has both business sense and common sense....I'm sick of politicians, and rather have a businessman.
4. wants us to, once again, have a strong military, and supports our troops and vets 100%.
5. will repeal Obamacare, get rid of Common Core, and knows how to balance a day'um budget.
6. supports our 2nd amendment rights 100%.
7. will secure our borders....ALL of them, not just Mexico.
8. will get rid of the IRS, and will support a "fair tax" system.
9. will not allow the government to touch one red cent of our Social Security money.
10. will push the Keystone Pipeline deal through.

Yeah, I know that's more than 5, but I got more to add, too. ;)

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Oh, you mean what platform he'd support..................

Nah, there's not enough room.

On the entire internet.

Plus Posty would derail mine, and he won't bother you. So.............good luck!@! :)

Big Muddy
08-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Well, actually, I did say qualities or platforms in my initial post....they sorta parallel each other, don't they???

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 01:54 PM
No. Not to me. Qualities are what LJ gave.............they are traits, qualities, character related. Platform is what you plan to DO.

I like yours better though. Platforms can be measured. Qualities are more subjective.

But I do agree with yours and have about 12,000 more to add.

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Here's a better example.

I can think of no one that I know that has higher Qualities than Posthole. Truly.

But his Platform would stink to High Heaven in every respect.

:)

No-till Boss
08-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Well, I've thought about this quite a bit, and here's a few things I've come up with:

I want a president who:

1. has high moral standards....doesn't have to be perfect; nobody is.
2. is 100% patriotic and truly loves the USA.
3. has both business sense and common sense....I'm sick of politicians, and rather have a businessman.
4. wants us to, once again, have a strong military, and supports our troops and vets 100%.
5. will repeal Obamacare, get rid of Common Core, and knows how to balance a day'um budget.
6. supports our 2nd amendment rights 100%.
7. will secure our borders....ALL of them, not just Mexico.
8. will get rid of the IRS, and will support a "fair tax" system.
9. will not allow the government to touch one red cent of our Social Security money.
10. will push the Keystone Pipeline deal through.

Yeah, I know that's more than 5, but I got more to add, too. ;)

No-one is closer to what you described as a candidate than Huckabee .

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Huckabee.

Three things come to mind:

A) Voluntary Tax
B) Letting Wayne Dumond out of prison, I THINK more than once
C) Janet

No-till Boss
08-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Huckabee.

Three things come to mind:

A) Voluntary Tax
B) Letting Wayne Dumond out of prison, I THINK more than once
C) Janet

His tax put Arkansas in the black in one of the worst times since the great depression

Don't let him parole anyone .....

Chicken Dinner
08-19-2015, 02:13 PM
A clear vision, the ability to communicate it and the conviction to follow through. Basically, the second coming of Ronald Reagan.

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 02:19 PM
His tax put Arkansas in the black in one of the worst times since the great depression

Don't let him parole anyone .....

Parole my butt! He has PARDON Powers. NO chance, not me. You go for it. Plus, as I said..........Janet...........think about it.

No-till Boss
08-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Parole my butt! He has PARDON Powers. NO chance, not me. You go for it. Plus, as I said..........Janet...........think about it.

You're the perfect example of why a voting election will not put the best candidate(s) in office. There are roughly 320 million people in the U.S. and you're worried about a few hundred pardons...... Crazy !

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Adding to Ed's.

More than not touch SS. Total revamp. Privatize it completely (has NOTHING to do with the Stock Market. I did not mention the Stock Market whatsoever. So don't go there). By Privatize, I mean that you OWN your account the same as you own your 401k or IRA account. It's a personal asset. You bequeath it, borrow against it, whatever. It's yours. How it's invested is optional. I would prefer individual choice, but I would agree to a 'Panel' deciding where it's invested. One compromise would be an A, B, and C option, with each one a bit more risky, but none very risky. A could be 100% in Government Savings Bonds for all I care. SS is 'vested' already (you must be currently insured, or permanently insured, which takes 40 covered quarters). So, vesting is already covered. Eliminate any connection to marriage. Allow all account owners to designate a beneficiary (duh).

Remove medicare, Supplemental SS, Disability, and Survivors Benefits from SS. IF that is needed to be 'mandatory' to satisfy all you liberal do-gooders, then keep it, but make it a separate payment, separate name........no connection to SS Retirement. This is the one that is costing us a fortune, and causing the whole system to be insolvent. It's bundled, and that's the problem. Unbundle it from Retirement, and let it stand alone.

Get out of the marriage business, 100%. Require all citizens to provide a list of primary and contingent beneficiaries. Whomever they choose.

Eliminate as many federal agencies, programs, commissions, boards, etc as possible. Biggest ones, immediate, are:
Dept of Education
Dept of Energy (a Carter boondoggle)
IRS
Homeland Security
80% of HHS
This list is long. Enough here.

Round up all illegal aliens and ship them back. Adopt the same immigration laws as Australia. (By the way, if Mexico wants to send folks here and scream when we balk, then I'll agree to adopt the same immigration laws as THEY have. Seems fair to me). Stop allowing them in. Have a valid, legal, moral, working process, and make everyone follow it.

Revamp all federal voting processes. Voting is 5 days in July. Round the clock, all five days. Completely, and I mean completely, standardize all voting for federal offices. Same ballot, same process, same machines, exact same congruent time polls open and close. Train and hire federal poll workers. Pay them for the 5 days. Retired veterans get first choice at the jobs. Make any announcement of voting progress illegal and punishable by death. (I'd push to outlaw all polls, too, but doubt that'd pass. I'd still advocate it every minute if I were in office). Make every voter show proof they are citizen, and SIGN and date their vote. Retain a paper copy of every vote for 2 years. Swear into office August 1. Nothing else is happening then anyway!!!

Requirement of serving a minimum of 2 years in the U.S. Armed Services and show proof of an Honorable Discharge.

Pledge to eliminate every vestige of federal expenditures possible.

Push for a Zero Budget Process, coupled with an Amendment for a Balanced Budget, much like most State's do. Require a prioritized Budget to be submitted to Congress every July 1, with A, B, and C Appropriations Scale (A must be appropriated, B list is appropriated only if funds are available AND all of A is adequately funded. Same for C, dependent on A AND B).

I could go on.

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 03:08 PM
You're the perfect example of why a voting election will not put the best candidate(s) in office. There are roughly 320 million people in the U.S. and you're worried about a few hundred pardons...... Crazy !

I do admit I'm a perfect example. But not of that.

You're a perfect example of someone who cares more about fiduciary matters than morals, then.

But if you really did, you'd know he had a VOLUNTARY TAX and asked folks to 'contribute'.

Did I mention Janet?

No-till Boss
08-19-2015, 03:26 PM
I do admit I'm a perfect example. But not of that.

You're a perfect example of someone who cares more about fiduciary matters than morals, then.

But if you really did, you'd know he had a VOLUNTARY TAX and asked folks to 'contribute'.

Did I mention Janet?

I'm not 100% sure fiduciary is the correct word for me, but I think Huck is a lot like Perot was. Strangely enough, everyone talks about how they want a stronger, more financially sound U.S., BUT they're not willing to vote for that kind of person !

Chicken Dinner
08-19-2015, 03:56 PM
I was thinking about social security the other day. You know what? I've got 15 years until probably retire. If they'd just give me back every dollar I contributed and allow me to put it in a tax deferred account that I can manage, I'd let them keep every penny of earnings they've made off of it in the past 35 years. I seriously think that would be a better deal for me.

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 03:58 PM
I was thinking about social security the other day. You know what? I've got 15 years until probably retire. If they'd just give me back every dollar I contributed and allow me to put it in a tax deferred account that I can manage, I'd let them keep every penny of earnings they've made off of it in the past 35 years. I seriously think that would be a better deal for me.

Uh............that's called "Privatization".

All for it.

Buckrub
08-19-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm not 100% sure fiduciary is the correct word for me, but I think Huck is a lot like Perot was. Strangely enough, everyone talks about how they want a stronger, more financially sound U.S., BUT they're not willing to vote for that kind of person !

Sure I am.

That person ain't Voluntary Tax Liberal Huckabee!

No-till Boss
08-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Sure I am.

That person ain't Voluntary Tax Liberal Huckabee!

Before you drift is too far off course, I'm not trying to sell you on Huck, I was simply pointing out who fit Muddy's criteria .

Big Muddy
08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
A couple of more things:
I want a POTUS who:

> will veto any bill that would allow congress to mandate one type of health care for themselves, but cram worthless health care sheeit down the taxpayer's throat.

> will support term limits

> will veto any bill, allowing congress to vote themselves a pay raise