PDA

View Full Version : Go get 'em, Eddie

Buckrub
08-23-2015, 09:30 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/21/school-band-told-to-stop-performing-how-great-thou-art.html?intcmp=hpbt4

Guess why America is polarized and jumping on the bandwagon of guys with radical ideas and over the top methods?

Big Muddy
08-23-2015, 09:55 AM
This is happening more and more, and I'm glad the parents and citizens are taking it upon themselves to "work around" these idiotic rules.

HA!!!....never tell rednecks they CAN'T do something....they'll find a way around it, every time!!! ;)

Buckrub
08-23-2015, 10:23 AM
"A federal judge ruled........." is a pretty stupid way to decide most stuff. That judge didn't stumble across this and decide to rule. Some fool brought a lawsuit because he was offended in some way. He couldn't just stay away, or go do something else, or butt out. He had to interject his little self, his own little thought patterns, into things. So he sued. And then "A federal judge ruled..........".

We need to have some kind of national movement..........."Offend As Many As You Can Today"...........OAMAYCT. OK, maybe the name needs work.

But 'being offended' is not a crime, for gosh sakes. Get over yourself! Leave folks alone.

Captain
08-23-2015, 11:07 AM
The question is what would it hurt for the band to play the song? It's only notes put together to make music? I guess all music could be offensive to SOMEONE. So let's just outlaw music or halftime shows.
Under Obummer we have truly became the United States of the Offended. Our country is going to hell in a handbag with the idiot in charge getting his like minded people in place.

Thumper
08-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Well, since you're obviously lacking in your SD'ing skills this morning, I'll help. Hip-hop/rap is "just music". ;)

Captain
08-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Well, since you're obviously lacking in your SD'ing skills this morning, hip-hop/rap is "just music". ;)

I agree. The difference is if I don't like it, I'll either suffer through listening to it if I'm at a location where it's being played, or not attend places that play it. I won't sue to have it stopped.

Buckrub
08-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Hip Hop is music to many. But like Cappy said, it doesn't offend me if you want to listen to it. I may not like it, but I can A) be somewhere else, B) suffer through it using a few manners and civility, or C) go totally postal, shoot you, and go to jail forever more removing my idiotic self from humanity's view.

Nandy
08-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Yet if you attend to that particularly HS and are a non believer why should you leave the stadium or not go to the game IF in fact it is a violation of the law to mix government and church? If this in fact is the ruling then the person that started the lawsuit is in his right to make it stop.
Wasn't that part of what he forefathers of this country wrote, separation of church and government?
Now, Im not sure they can stop what happen for the civilians to bring that unofficial church sentiment to the games, wouldn't that be a civil right violation?

Being the devils advocate here...