PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's something YOU GUYS knew about me already

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 10:35 AM
President Barack Obama spoke candidly about his critics at a fundraising event on Monday evening.

"It's hard for me to express how much I love Harry Reid," Obama said, according to the pool report from the evening. "We were doing a little reminiscing and then figuring out how we're going to deal with the crazies in terms of managing some problems."

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 10:36 AM
And to everyone but Posthole, that's how 'we' are viewed.

And that sums up the problem in tolerance and compromise, right there.......

and yes, this is a political thread. Bite me. Heck, I'm crazy anyway.

FooBang
08-25-2015, 08:19 PM
And to everyone but Posthole, that's how 'we' are viewed.

And that sums up the problem in tolerance and compromise, right there.......

and yes, this is a political thread. Bite me. Heck, I'm crazy anyway.

I can see his point, though. To me, some of them are crazy, especially the folks out there worried about the US Government "taking Texas."
Breaking news: The US already has a Texas!

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Funny editorial in today's paper.........by of all people, the guy who is the regular movie critic! He provided actual quotes by Hillary, Cruz, and I forget how many others........that ALL said at one point "A person has to be crazy to want to be President".

And he made the point that ONE of the crazies will win.

Course, that logic would make Obama crazy also, and I do NOT think that man believes himself to be crazy........just the opposition. That was my point.

FooBang
08-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Funny editorial in today's paper.........by of all people, the guy who is the regular movie critic! He provided actual quotes by Hillary, Cruz, and I forget how many others........that ALL said at one point "A person has to be crazy to want to be President".

And he made the point that ONE of the crazies will win.

I can see that. Who would really want to be president anyway? Man, those guys look live they've aged 20 years when they get out of office. Every move of your life is scrutinized. No thanks! (No write-ins, please...)

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:01 PM
George Washington was reluctant. Once in office, he wrote a friend, a Mr. Rutlege, and said that he had abandoned all hope for any future personal and private happiness.

Yet, 640 Americans have filed to run for the office.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:17 PM
The level of flat out lying in the GOP stable of candidates I think might be unprecedented. I blame a lot of that on Trump. He twists shit so far you wonder if the people who support him ever listen to anything.

its amazing. and yes, I think most of the GOp in the news lately are a bunch of wingnuts.

bKB

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:22 PM
hahaha.

I read a FAR left piece the other day, and almost sent it to you.........Don't remember the guy, but might if I heard his name. Big time left writer........he had a list of stuff that he said "Well, Trump is actually telling the truth here......and here........and here.....and it went on and on".

Surely you do understand the attraction, right??? It is NOT a bunch of 'crazies' either. It's just normal people fed up with B/S done the 'normal' way. The 'normal' way has gotten us nowhere.

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:23 PM
The level of flat out lying in the GOP stable of candidates I think might be unprecedented. I blame a lot of that on Trump. He twists shit so far you wonder if the people who support him ever listen to anything.

its amazing. and yes, I think most of the GOp in the news lately are a bunch of wingnuts.

bKB

Name four Liberals, quick.............in the news lately that are NOT wingnuts.

I'm about to go to bed. Hurry up.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:24 PM
A party whose main platform so far is to build a wall between us and Mexico is so absurd that its almost comedic.

The deal is, most good ideas that are outside the mainstream have to be good ideas to begin with. To latch onto something just because its outside the mainstream is idiotic.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Name four Liberals, quick.............in the news lately that are NOT wingnuts.

I'm about to go to bed. Hurry up.

I'm not certain there is four. But for now, Bernie Sanders is not a wingnut. And on the GOP side so far I don't think Ed Kasich is a wingnut. diametrically opposed politically but 'so far' I could see myself voting for either. Both are moderates in my view.

bKB

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:29 PM
See? I tole ya I was a Crazy. But that's a LONG way from the 'main' platform. Goodness, how specious a comment is that?

Securing our borders is idiotic, but refusing to enforce the laws because we somehow need bricklayers is not? Selling our laws out because enforcing them is too costly is not idiotic?

Do you really want a list of the Democratic Party Platform planks that are idiotic???? I mean, seriously!

See, not long ago you whammerated me, hard.........for claiming (incorrectly) that if anyone disagreed with my philosophy, I thought they were nuts. That was incorrect, but you believe(d) it. But that's what you do about Conservatives. They are not nuts. They are just far from YOUR realm of reality. That realm is not that valid anymore, but you cling to it. That's fine, I respect your tenacity.

But man............oh man...........pot and kettle.

Night.

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Bernie Sanders invented the term wingnut.

Night again.

No-till Boss
08-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Bernie Sanders invented the term wingnut.

Night again.

Why are you going to bed at 8:30 ?

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Because A) it's bedtime, and B) it's dark, and C) I'm getting up and going fishing early.

NIGHT bozos!

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm fishing tomorrow too. But I'm watching this ball game come hell or high water.

bKB

No-till Boss
08-25-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm fishing tomorrow too. But I'm watching this ball game come hell or high water.

bKB

It's finally time to start watching baseball that's for sure !

Chicken Dinner
08-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Donald Trump is no Republican.

LJ3
08-25-2015, 09:43 PM
At this point, with qualities that matter to me personally, the left and right candidates both look crazy. If you think there's much difference, you can see things I can't. Seriously.

They're just spouting stupid shit for their platforms but they are THE SAME in every way that matters.

Silliness.

No-till Boss
08-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Donald Trump is no Republican.

I'd like to see this county with at least 5 different political parties. Which in my opinion could actually make parties stand for their policies .....

FooBang
08-25-2015, 11:03 PM
I think John McCain is sane. I disagree with just about every one of his positions, but I think he arrived at his positions rationally.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 11:09 PM
I won't bad mouth McCain. But Trump is right about one thing. There's some old guard politicians that talk a big gruff game when it comes to veterans affairs but in reality all of their hot air has accomplished nothing. its time for a new friggin plan! and guess what, you got elected to come up with it. so get busy. or get out.

and McCain is part of that old guard. Grassley is another one.

bKb