PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Magic?

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:11 PM
It happens.

The Sooners had a kid show up at campus and enroll for school and walk on to the football team. He was the former starter at Texas Tech until he got hurt and they went another direction. he grew up a Sooner fan anyway. So he finally introduced himself to Stoops at about the third practice with the scout team where he was waiting out his year before he was eligible. today he was announced as the Sooner starting quarterback. and yeah, he has a scholly now too. The kid's name is Baker Mayfield. Good football name.

Stories like that have a way of turning into magic for the Sooners. and the last time we were ranked as low as 19th preseason? We won the national championship. With a kid that transfered from a JC that nobody had heard of. And a OC that ran an air raid offense installed by Mike Leach. and now a guy who was mentored by Leach is our OC.

this has the makings of a magic season. you heard it here first. I'm predicting we're in it at the end.
BKB

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Every time I've predicted you're in it at the end, you disappoint me.

I do like your colors though!

No-till Boss
08-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Is OU in the Mountain West now ?

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:18 PM
OUCH!!!!

BUT..........that's a step up from Southland.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Is OU in the Mountain West now ?

Nah, we're in the Big 12. You know, the one that our former cellar dwellars, aTm and Mzzou came out of. those two teams that are kicking the SEC's ass?

that Big 12.

bKB

Buckrub
08-25-2015, 09:24 PM

Not 12.

The "One Of The Two Leagues Of Higher Education That Cannot Count" League.

No-till Boss
08-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Nah, we're in the Big 12. You know, the one that our former cellar dwellars, aTm and Mzzou came out of. those two teams that are kicking the SEC's ass?

that Big 12.

bKB

I figure the reason UT and OU didn't consider is because they couldn't figure out how to cheat in the SEC.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:32 PM
I figure the reason UT and OU didn't consider is because they couldn't figure out how to cheat in the SEC.

well they certainly aren't as good at it as the current masters of it in the SEC that's for sure.

BKB

No-till Boss
08-25-2015, 09:33 PM
well they certainly aren't as good at it as the current masters of it in the SEC that's for sure.

BKB

LOL Good luck this season brother, I hope it's all you expect it to be !

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2015, 09:35 PM
LOL Good luck this season brother, I hope it's all you expect it to be !

I'm glad you're around NoTill. You're my kind of shit disturbin sumbitch. You might even give the popo chief a run for his money.

Gonna be a great football season! Can't wait!

BKB