PDA

View Full Version : Primos Truth Cam 03

Buckrub
08-27-2015, 02:19 PM
UPS just delivered the new Primos Truth Cam 03 model game camera.

Last year I bought a Browning camera from Trailcampro.com, a great place to just visit and read about cameras, and a better place to buy. I set it out and it took good day pictures but night was beyond awful. I sent Trailcampro some example pictures and they said something was wrong, and to send it back. They called me and we discussed at length. They suggested the Primos Ultra Blackout HD as a substitution, and not knowing much about these things, I said ok.

They sent it and I put it out at the farm in February. I went back in May to retrieve it, and several others I had out, and it was literally full of water. I opened the case, and water gushed out. Inside was rusted and ruined.

I got on Bushnell's website (they make Primos cameras) and sent an email. They said it was under warranty and to send it in. I did, first of June. Ever since then, the status online has said "Waiting for replacement part". I finally emailed them and they said I was getting the new camera version, and it was not out till August.

SO, today UPS brought it and I have the new version. So, from a Browning that didn't work right, to a Primos that did but got wet, to this one..............all free.

Captain
08-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Last year I bought a Browning camera from Trailcampro.com

So, from a Browning that didn't work right, to a Primos that did but got wet, to this one..............all free.

All free? I thought you said above you bought the Browning?

Buckrub
08-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Well yeah. Sorry, didn't mean ALL free from the start. I meant free after the first one had issues. Sorry to not be clear.

Captain
08-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Sorta like someone saying they "won" an auction item? :-)

Thumper
08-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Sorta like someone saying they "won" an auction item? :-)

Ya' don't win the auction item, you win the auction. It's kinda like winning an argument. :D

Nandy
08-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Dang, you too have to dissect everything!!! lol!

Thumper
08-27-2015, 04:55 PM
:biggrin

Buckrub
08-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Actually, I agree with Thump.

Note: I bought TWO of those Primos cameras, because they were on sale and had a $30 rebate each. I am going through all my batteries and chargers and cameras, and the 2nd one (which WAS good) now won't come on............the power button is fubared.

So, I just boxed it up and sent it back to the factory also.......... these were a net cost of $59 each, and the one they sent is selling for $169.00...........

Oh, and I thought of something on the rechargeable batteries. Trailcampro, and the manufacturers, and guys I've talked to, say that you have to use Li-Ion batteries.......that the alkaline are NOT recommended in these cameras. So, those are danged expensive in the non-rechargeable version.......so I think I'll come out ahead using rechargeable ones........if they work as well (TBD).

Cards01
08-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Way to go!!!